Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #1741
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGal View Post
Hi, I'm back from WDW!!! I had a great time.

LisaCat, I'm so sorry I missed you. I couldn't find your phone number, and when you texted me I had turned off my phone for Muppets 3D, and then we went straight over to wait for the Osborne lights and forgot to turn my phone back on!
LOL! We probably passed each other at some point during the Osborne Lights. I watched them come on from down at the end waiting in line for Santa Goofy. After that I walked up and down the street and did both photopass pics.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #1742
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
Mel, wasn't there a license plate when you showed this to some of us at TT?
Anyhow, this looks great!!!
No, no license plate. Might get kind of squeezed in by the mouth. I'll ask Derrick though.
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #1743
LisaCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacielee View Post
I can't find anything on Sunday to Phoenix under about $200!! What the heck is going on that the fares are so high???
Would that be when folks start flying into PHX for Spring Training?

Old 12-06-2012, 05:46 PM   #1744
sierranevada
DISDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
I love the tshirt design! So cute!!!

Not to stir the pot or anything, for those of you that have gone the path of the VIP tour before, but have you noticed the "unlimited" fast pass option??? Now that has some value! With 10 people, that works out to $165 per person, but unlimited fast passes...Nice!

Here is the info:

Disney's VIP Tour Services enables you to experience the Disneyland Resort in a new and carefree way. Imagine discovering all the magic and adventure awaiting Guests at both Disneyland Resort theme parks with a VIP Tour Guide as their personal ambassador. VIP Tour Guides will customize their visit by arranging special seating for parades and live stage shows and at the distinctive restaurants at the Resort. Professional and knowledgeable, VIP Tour Guides will also share their personal insight and experience throughout the tour.

Price: $175 [$195 during peak season] per hour/per VIP Tour Guide – 6 hour minimum. For an additional $100 per hour, unlimited FastPasses can be included.

VIP Tour arrangements may be made by calling Disney Special Activities at (714) 300-7710. Requests may be taken up to 90 days in advance and can be scheduled for up to 10 people. A minimum of 72 hours is suggested. Tours are available during normal Park operating hours only. Cancellation notice of 48 hours is required to avoid a cancellation fee equal to two (2) hours at the booked rate per VIP Tour Guide. Park admission in required and not included.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandyk View Post
This would be awesome. If we could get 10 people I might be interested.

I should be meeting with Beth tonight, hopefully she got on the plane. I'll post on here or Facebook and let everyone know she made it safely since she won't have internet access while she is gone.
Intriguing! We might be interested. If we did it, it would be in place of the WiWF tour. Always wanted to do the VIP tour - this might be a great opportunity!

Old 12-07-2012, 07:52 AM   #1745
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Cindy glad you had fun at DW. So does that mean you are def going at the end of the month? Hope so would love to still meet up!!

Hope Beth is having fun. A few of us are meeting up tonight so looking forward to that.

Can't WAIT for my trip coming up in a few weeks. Have a great day all!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
Old 12-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #1746
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Hi Ladies!

Just to clarify...I'm not interested in doing the VIP tour. Just thought the idea of unlimited fast passes was facinating!!

Bridget: Honestly, the VIP tour, other than the unlimited fast pass feature is far less of an experience than the Walk in Walt's footsteps. I really recommend staying with that tour. Unless you are a total ride nut and really want that unlimited fast pass, and who knows how that will really work!

Some of us tried the VIP tour a few years back. Total disaster! We cancelled it after an hour and asked for our money back, which they did return.

And on the homefront: We signed our escrow papers last night and our new house will close today! We wrote the contract on Sept 7th and had to move our loan at the last minute. Very long, frustrating experience....but now the fun move begins! So anyhow, you all won't be seeing much of me around here
Old 12-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #1747
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Please sign me up for the Meet and Greet. I'm a run/walker (I forget what that one was called)
LOL - I meant the Scavenger Hunt! I will PM MamaKate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
LOL! We probably passed each other at some point during the Osborne Lights. I watched them come on from down at the end waiting in line for Santa Goofy. After that I walked up and down the street and did both photopass pics.
That is so funny! We were watching Mulch, Sweat, and Shears, so we were at that end when the lights came on. Did you end up doing the Dessert Buffet? We did it on Monday and it was amazing. We loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Cindy glad you had fun at DW. So does that mean you are def going at the end of the month? Hope so would love to still meet up!!!
Yep, I'm still going. I think we were going to meet at the skating rink on the 2nd at 8pm?? I'm doing the Holiday Tour on Dec 31st and the Walk in Walt's Disneyland Footsteps Tour on Jan 3rd.

We did the Princess meal at Akershus in the Norway Pavilion in Epcot at WDW, and it was magical!!
Old 12-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #1748
kelmac284

Yay ok awesome. Just wanted to make sure!! I knew you said you might have a change of plans. Great. Well I think I pm'd yuo my number. We are eating dinner at Storytellers at 6:30 I think and then headed to the ice rink so look forward to meeting you/seeing you then!!

Old 12-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #1749
LisaCat

Quote:
That is so funny! We were watching Mulch, Sweat, and Shears, so we were at that end when the lights came on. Did you end up doing the Dessert Buffet? We did it on Monday and it was amazing. We loved it.
So we would have passed somewhere around the middle of the street. LOL
Yes, I did the Tomorrowland Terrace as the LAST thing I did in Magic Kingdom and it was a PERFECT ending. It was on Wednesday night, so the park closed when Wishes started. Most of us lingered at the Terrace until they took all the food and coffee away and then went out into a pretty deserted park. It was AWESOME. The photopass folks were still working main street, so I got a few "less crowded" shots of me with the castle in the background.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #1750
LisaCat

TGIF, everyone!

Looking forward to seeing a few Divas tonight at Old Spaghetti Factory! Got my first batch of Christmas cards done and they will be in the mail today. Going to WalMart to start the Christmas shopping. I'd prefer Toys R Us, but I don't want to head over to the Mall when WM is 3 miles from my house. I've got Target over here too. I only have a few presents to buy (with DH being unemployed, everyone knows they aren't getting much this year), but I need to get something for the 5 year old niece and nephew. They both have Disney DVDs on their list, so it should be fairly easy. I was thinking a DVD and a puzzle (so they have something they can open up and play with right away) for each of them.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #1751
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
TGIF, everyone!

Looking forward to seeing a few Divas tonight at Old Spaghetti Factory! Got my first batch of Christmas cards done and they will be in the mail today. Going to WalMart to start the Christmas shopping. I'd prefer Toys R Us, but I don't want to head over to the Mall when WM is 3 miles from my house. I've got Target over here too. I only have a few presents to buy (with DH being unemployed, everyone knows they aren't getting much this year), but I need to get something for the 5 year old niece and nephew. They both have Disney DVDs on their list, so it should be fairly easy. I was thinking a DVD and a puzzle (so they have something they can open up and play with right away) for each of them.
Costco has $5.00 off Disney DVDs if you're a member. If you happen to want Tangled I ended up with an extra one .... I'll bring it tonight and you can have it ... along the F&W card.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #1752
LisaCat

Fun time at Spaghetti Factory last night!

Hope everyone's having a good Saturday!

Old 12-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #1753
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Fun time at Spaghetti Factory last night!

Hope everyone's having a good Saturday!
I agree! And it was so nice to meet some of the Divas!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #1754
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube

I finished my shopping today and everything is wrapped. Just had to pick up a couple more things. Now I am completely ready for Christmas. Such a relief, the stores were packed. Tomorrow DH and I are going to the swapmeet. I loves swapmeets. All that junk!
Has anyone heard about the Candlelight Processional possibly being moved to CA in the Hyperion Theater? This would be starting next year. I think it's a terrible idea. The performers coming down Mainstreet is so beautiful. I know it's a crowd controll thing but it just wouldn't be the same.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:21 AM   #1755
kelmac284

I agree Trudi. I have done it both at DL and DW and I MUCH preferred the DL version. Sure the DW one is more organized and I love the meal plans where you get a guaranteed seat BUT it is SO much more beautiful and quaint in my opinion at DL. I really hope I get to see it again someday.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: