DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #12
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
I was just in pain thinking of you paying nearly 6K to get OUT of something. When that "something" could be SO valuable to your family.

Sounds like we bought at the same time as you, we bought at Bay Lake and I think that that time they were around the same cost, and yet we only got 160. How much would we LOVE to have 320 to play with, you have NO idea.....

We financed as well, so I know half of your pain, LOL. My long-talked about plan to pay it off quicker hasn't materialized, so comparing what we've paid to what we have left to pay is hard...but at the same time, oh the JOY we have gotten from that money.

I would just hate to see you make a decision based on dues, then buy back in later only to face the same, or higher, dues. Even when financing, dues are still the higher total price over the years that one owns DVC.

"so valuable" But OP indicates family is no longer all that excited about going to Disney Sorry but it doesn't sound like they are "valuable" to them if that's really the case.

I am not a fan of the "keep at any cost" or "Rent" chants that occur on here.

DVC is not for everyone. If OP doesn't think the 'cost' is worth the 'reward' then the points are actually not valuable at all.

Disney makes a lot of money off of the "impluse" purchase. The folks who get to Disney, fall in love and think "we want to do this forever" then the kids grow up and maybe they don't want to do it "forever" or even "next year" LOL!

I have sold a lot of points over the past few years as my vacation habits changed. I still go to Disney but not as often. My new job has a lot less vacation and "freedom" then my old one so I actually can't go play at Disney anytime I want....
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: