Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #121
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Hi everyone. I have not dropped off the face of the earth. It's been a couple of days since I updated and I hate to go that long, but with the holidays fast approaching, life has gotten in the way. My goal is to get some more written up by the weekend, but Claire's b-day is Monday and we have a few activities this weekend to celebrate it.
I still have not gotten all my decorations out either, which is so unlike me.
I also came up with the brilliant idea of making photobooks from our family trip for family as gifts. Someone warn me not to do that again if I ever say I am going to do that in the future. it's really not THAT bad, but it takes a lot of time looking through the pictures and finding the few out of 6000 I want to use in it.
I have also had some requests for certain resort pictures from some people on facebook, so I have been to try and get those edited and up there lately as well.
I also took some fat Ben pictures (if you follow Dees Amazing adventures of Flat Ben thread you know who he is) and I am slowly but surely working on some of those photos to send to her as well.

So please forgive me and know that I will be back soon.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #122
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Ack! I cannot believe I missed the start of this. I blame Superstorm Sandy (we had no power for 12 days and I'm still dealing with house issues), Thanksgiving, and then the onset of December/Christmas panic!

I am now going back to read from the beginning.
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #123
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Ack! I cannot believe I missed the start of this. I blame Superstorm Sandy (we had no power for 12 days and I'm still dealing with house issues), Thanksgiving, and then the onset of December/Christmas panic!

I am now going back to read from the beginning.
Thats OK. I am going really slow anyways
Old 12-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #124
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Well, I'm all caught up now.

We loved AKL. We stayed there for two days prior to our 2010 Magic cruise. I had booked just a regular old standard room, but we were surprised with an upgrade to a savannah view that had bunk beds for the kids. It was really nice.
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:14 AM   #125
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

For the past 3 Christmas' I have given my MIL a calendar with pictures of us, mostly Henry, so she can see him everyday since we live so far away. She LOVES this, but I know just how you feel - it takes FOREVER. You really have to dedicate several hours to it of sifting through pictures and all that.

Speaking of it all...I should really work on it.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:02 AM   #126
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Your pictures of AKL are great! Looks like you had the whole place to yourselves. I love eating at Mara, but the rest of my family doesn't. Their butternut squash soup is so good and sweet, very unlike any other butternut squash soup I have ever had.
lovethattink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #127
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Well, I'm all caught up now.

We loved AKL. We stayed there for two days prior to our 2010 Magic cruise. I had booked just a regular old standard room, but we were surprised with an upgrade to a savannah view that had bunk beds for the kids. It was really nice.
Thats awesome. Claire really wanted a Savanah room once we got there, but I told I just got the cheapest room I could since it was only one day and we could walk around and look at animals. We were pleasantly surprised with our room view though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
For the past 3 Christmas' I have given my MIL a calendar with pictures of us, mostly Henry, so she can see him everyday since we live so far away. She LOVES this, but I know just how you feel - it takes FOREVER. You really have to dedicate several hours to it of sifting through pictures and all that.

Speaking of it all...I should really work on it.
I have done calendars a few times too.
I am happy to say that I am almost done with the book. ....I hope and think. I am having issues with my cover picture and of course photoshop froze when I thought of a way to overcome my issues. LOL
Old 12-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #128
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Your post reminded me that I've got to work on the calendar for my mom, too! It does take forever--or maybe I'm just slow! loving your report! Happy early birthday to your DD!!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #129
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post
Your post reminded me that I've got to work on the calendar for my mom, too! It does take forever--or maybe I'm just slow! loving your report! Happy early birthday to your DD!!
I am happy to say I got them done this morning and ordered 6. It came to just under $100 for all 6 with shipping, which seems like a lot, but actually I got a discount of buy 1 get 2 free (plus shipping) and when I calculated it out including the shipping it came to $16.50ish for each book. Not bad since they were listed at $29.99 each plus shipping.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #130
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

So you are going as slow as me! YAY!!!

And while I managed to get all the darn lights cut off the tree, it's still not up......UGH.

I really wish I would have been home and knew about American Girl sale. I would have gotten the bed and a doll. That's work, getting in my way again!
Claire will be thrilled!

AKL is just overwhelming! In a good way of course. We've never stopped by it either, but maybe someday.

Ah, swimming, I think Kadence asked is she could swim within minutes of us seeing the Big Blue pool.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:04 PM   #131
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
So you are going as slow as me! YAY!!!

And while I managed to get all the darn lights cut off the tree, it's still not up......UGH.

I really wish I would have been home and knew about American Girl sale. I would have gotten the bed and a doll. That's work, getting in my way again!
Claire will be thrilled!

AKL is just overwhelming! In a good way of course. We've never stopped by it either, but maybe someday.

Ah, swimming, I think Kadence asked is she could swim within minutes of us seeing the Big Blue pool.
yeah, I decided the basement tree is not going up this year. I just don't feel like cleaning the spot to put it and dragging it all out. We have 2 big trees up already in the house and several small ones.
We don't have any parties here this year, so no one will even know the difference.

I have an update ready for tomorrow. I might do a double one if I get enough pictures updated.

We got my first order of the 2 Marie Grace Dolls yesterday. It says the other doll will arrive tomorrow.
You know I was half tempted to buy a few extra and see if anyone wanted them. not for a profit, just the cost of it, plus shipping. I knew some people missed out on it and when I ordered it was a breeze. About an hour later all heck let loose and people couldn't hardly get the site to work.

We had our family party (at a restaurant) tonight for Claire's b-day, which is tomorrow. She got soo much stuff. I told her we might as well skip Christmas, but she didn't agree.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #132
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Pool Time!!!!!

Claire really like the zero entry.
I was then given instructions. I am sure if you are a Mom, or even a Dad, you know about these ďrulesĒ you have to follow. I was to walk to the other side of the pool and then ďwaitĒ and watch her come in from the zero entry side. Of course she made it much more complicated and there was a reason for this, though I am not sure what it was. I did as I was told and then watched (and took pictures) of her coming in.

I settled on a chair and pulled out my kindle, took my shoes off and relaxed a few minutes and shot a few pictures as well.

I then kind of looked out and around for the slide and spotted it. I found it and pointed it out to Claire. I now had new rules. I had to move close to the slide so she could swim over there and go on it. I told her I could see her just fine from where I was, but that was not the correct answer. I NEEDED to be over near the slide. I am sure this had to do with a bit of the jitters about going on the slide for the 1st time by herself.
So I gathered my stuff and moved over a little ways closer to the slide.

I settled in once again. Claire slowly swam over. Like I said, I think she was nervous and excited about going on the slide. I took some pictures while I waited for the ďmomentĒ.

That is the pool bar over on the other side.

And now the moment we all have been waiting for. She is going to go on the slide!!!

I was supposed to take a picture of her coming down, but it was hard to see and then time it right. I think this is her head just going under.

That was not good enough for her and I had to keep trying off and on all day long.

I liked this sign, too bad itís kind of hidden.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #133
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

So Claireís goal was to go down the slide as many times as she could, and I was supposed to take a picture of her each and every time.

Ok, after about 50 times down, I told her that I think I could sit down now as I am sure I got at least a couple of pictures with her in it.

I loved that the resort had free wifi, and though itís not the best and I would lose it every so often, it was great to take my kindle out and try to catch up on facebook. Sadly facebook doesnít always like me and at times I try to post and it tells me it canít be done. I had this issue at home and thought maybe it was my connection there, but it did it to me at Disney as well, so itís just me in general that isnít liked. LOL

Claire had spent about a half hour of going down the slide and then she wanted to go check out the hot tub.

And we saw a little creepy crawler friend.

We decided it was time to explore a bit.

And we found some Flamingos.

Off in the distance, these guys were resting.

More Flamingos.

A view of the lodge from here.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #134
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Love the slide photos, Jen! No wonder Claire loved it, it really looks fun. Thanks for the reminder of how wonderful the AKL really is!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #135
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Good thing you followed Claire's instructions. Otherwise, you could have been deemed a bad parent. Seriously, the pool area looks so pretty! I would love to stay at the AKL someday but I'm not sure I could talk John into staying there 'cause he's not an animal kinda guy.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: