Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 07:26 AM   #751
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

Hi Brenda, just catching up on your reviews! I loved the Ohana review, it made me feel like I was right there with you. And I share your love of that salad at Artist Point. One of my favorite salads at Disney!

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:12 AM   #752
krhst25
Mouseketeer

I love how your dress complements the theming at the Poly! I debated on whether to go there this trip, but my kids love Crystal Palace so much that I kept that ressie. Your reports make these restaurants so tempting!

krhst25 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #753
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Wonderful reviews of AP and 'Ohana! I'm am so dying to eat at AP because of the rave reviews...but I'm a little bit picky as I don't like bleu cheese or goat cheese or fish/seafood and I'm a little nervous about bison. So that is basically everything on the menu! However, I see many desserts that I'd love. One of these days I'll be brave and try something new.

'Ohana looks like great fun and Michael is smiling in every photo. So that means he loved it, right? I also love the photo where Stitch is flinging your hair. How funny!

By the way - I seriously think we should hatch a plan for a game at Lambeau next season. Maybe a game early in the season with less chance for snow/cold? I live in WI and I hate the cold!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #754
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

Great review of AP. Really enjoyed your 'Ohana breakfast review as well. That's one of my favorite character breakfasts - I really like the family style, I find it more relaxing than a buffet. We're heading back there in April, can't wait!

Planning a "super-secret" October F&WF weekend!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #755
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

'Ohana breakfast looks fun! I have never done that but I would be willing to try it.

You look beautiful in the picture with Mickey!!!!! So pretty!!!!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #756
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
Wonderful reviews of AP and 'Ohana! I'm am so dying to eat at AP because of the rave reviews...but I'm a little bit picky as I don't like bleu cheese or goat cheese or fish/seafood and I'm a little nervous about bison. So that is basically everything on the menu! However, I see many desserts that I'd love. One of these days I'll be brave and try something new.

'Ohana looks like great fun and Michael is smiling in every photo. So that means he loved it, right? I also love the photo where Stitch is flinging your hair. How funny!

By the way - I seriously think we should hatch a plan for a game at Lambeau next season. Maybe a game early in the season with less chance for snow/cold? I live in WI and I hate the cold!
I am in for a game at Lambeau!!!!! Corey and I would love to go!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #757
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
[CENTER]'Ohana Breakfast

[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Love your photos! We are going to Chef Mickey's for the first time for breakfast...but your 'Ohana looks so good! Gesh, I'm almost ashamed to admit this but I scheduled Chef Mickey because I've already done the scrapbook page for the photo. If you have been to both, which do your prefer for breakfast? They both have Mickey waffles
Old 12-04-2012, 01:06 AM   #758
poohangel
Yeah I Dis, Doesn't everybody?

We are going to Artist Point next year, I dont care for mushrooms but everytime I see that smokey mushroom soup I say I have to get that it looks so so good.

poohangel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:36 AM   #759
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Hello from London Brenda

Right first up - your dinner at AP looks wonderful, we love, love, love Wilderness Lodge as you know and I can't think of a better place to spend an evening

The salad that you ordered looked right up my street

Great photos from 'Ohanas, you and Em look beautiful - love your tropical dress

Too funny the shot of Michael cutting up his pills

Oh and on the subject of Micky Waffles, I have just discovered that there is a Disney Cafe in Harrods, and guess what they serve ..... yep Mickey Waffles

I keep having to "pop out of the office for important meetings"

Photos in this link

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1153
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:38 AM   #760
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

Enjoyed reading your reviews. Great pictures and very helpful descriptions. This review and a few others helped me a lot with making my ADRs for my second WDW trip coming up. Thanks!
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:19 PM   #761
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

We are trying Ohana bkfst in a few weeks. I actually added it as an afterthought just a couple months ago and was pleased to see there was availability.

Looking forward to trying it!
Old 12-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #762
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
We had the same waittress at 'Ohana in August! I love everything about that breakfast, especially the waffles & potatoes. Ah, to have some now ....
What a coincidence! Carolyn was so nice and friendly. Of course Michael was very fond of her because of the compliment!

And YES, love those waffles (eh for the potatoes for me) but I ate more at this all you care to eat breafast than any other!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Cheshire Cat View Post
Hi Brenda, just catching up on your reviews! I loved the Ohana review, it made me feel like I was right there with you. And I share your love of that salad at Artist Point. One of my favorite salads at Disney!
Hi Rachel! Glad you are caught up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhst25 View Post
I love how your dress complements the theming at the Poly! I debated on whether to go there this trip, but my kids love Crystal Palace so much that I kept that ressie. Your reports make these restaurants so tempting!
Thanks, I think I did do some fashion coordination for that meal! If I had to choose between CP and 'Ohana, I'd choose CP for the food and 'Ohana for the characters! I am rather lazy and do like the servers bringing the family style skillet to the table!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post

Hi Tracy! What you can do for AP is order the soup, have the salad without the blue cheese, and then get a big ole' dessert. They do have a cheese plate that we have shared before too for another lighter option. It's funny but when I look back at my AP dinners, I have only ordered an entree one time!

Don't let Michael fool you, he actually did enjoy many of the characters!

I think you have a brilliant idea for a Packer game. Is it hard to get tickets? That would be so fun! Hmmmm..... ideas forming....(and I see that Rachel likes this idea too!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleStinkerbelle View Post
Great review of AP. Really enjoyed your 'Ohana breakfast review as well. That's one of my favorite character breakfasts - I really like the family style, I find it more relaxing than a buffet. We're heading back there in April, can't wait!
Thanks! I agree... see my lazy remark above. I do love having Mickey waffles delivered right to my plate! Congrats for your return trip being booked. April is a great time of the year and the Flower and Garden show is in full swing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
'Ohana breakfast looks fun! I have never done that but I would be willing to try it.

You look beautiful in the picture with Mickey!!!!! So pretty!!!!
Awww thanks! (I wasn't a fan of those photos but thanks!) I think you would love Stitch - likely you would expect to receive a lot of alien kisses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
Love your photos! We are going to Chef Mickey's for the first time for breakfast...but your 'Ohana looks so good! Gesh, I'm almost ashamed to admit this but I scheduled Chef Mickey because I've already done the scrapbook page for the photo. If you have been to both, which do your prefer for breakfast? They both have Mickey waffles
Thanks Kathy! Ha ha!! I love your admission! Makes sense to me. I have not been to Chef Mickey's but I am tempted to go since we always stay at BLT right there. The food looks really good. Not sure if you could go wrong with either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohangel View Post
We are going to Artist Point next year, I dont care for mushrooms but everytime I see that smokey mushroom soup I say I have to get that it looks so so good.
Hi poohangel! The soup is very smokey and creamy. I don't want to steer you wrong if you don't like mushrooms but I can tell you that Em is not a huge fan of mushrooms but has tasted the soup and liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Hello from London Brenda

Right first up - your dinner at AP looks wonderful, we love, love, love Wilderness Lodge as you know and I can't think of a better place to spend an evening

The salad that you ordered looked right up my street

Great photos from 'Ohanas, you and Em look beautiful - love your tropical dress

Too funny the shot of Michael cutting up his pills

Oh and on the subject of Micky Waffles, I have just discovered that there is a Disney Cafe in Harrods, and guess what they serve ..... yep Mickey Waffles

I keep having to "pop out of the office for important meetings"

Photos in this link

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1153
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBear View Post
Enjoyed reading your reviews. Great pictures and very helpful descriptions. This review and a few others helped me a lot with making my ADRs for my second WDW trip coming up. Thanks!
Hi Linda! Oh my gosh.... the Disney Cafe looks AWESOME!! Is that raspberry sauce on the waffles? They look so very good. I love the Mickey border on the plate. Thanks for sharing the link since the live dining reporters thread moves so fast that I miss some updates.

I'm so glad you popped in!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
We are trying Ohana bkfst in a few weeks. I actually added it as an afterthought just a couple months ago and was pleased to see there was availability.

Looking forward to trying it!
Hi Debra! I hope you and your family really like 'Ohana. The kids should love the characters. Stitch is great! Glad that worked out!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #763
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Via Napoli lunch

We had a 2pm ADR at Via Napoli at EPCOT which I was very much looking forward to this day since not only do they have great food and cutie pie Italian waiters but I had the anticipation of meeting up with FOUR of the DisBoards ladies for a Dismeet following this meal!!!!

Ok… so first the meal. We had a short wait before we were seated at a lovely table in the gigantic dining room that is more suitable to a convention hall since it is loud and crowded. But we’re here for the fantastic food so it is a minor annoyance.

Our server, Alessandra, was wonderfully attentive and took great care of us during our meal. We placed our beverage orders and then had some fun with the mini swords that accompanied the lemon wedges. (See who fell to the sword here!) They definitely invite a little play time at the table.

Alessandra delivered a basket of sourdough bread with olive oil & balsamic vinegar. Oh so good but again, I have to stop myself from making a meal out of the bread. I should just say no but I always figure just one slice won’t hurt.

Michael wanted to order an appetizer and I decided that I would share with him. Apparently he is not as eager to share his food with me as Em and strongly suggested that we order two appetizers. Since we had pizza in mind we kept it light for the appetizers and orders two tomato mozzarella salads. Although they were delivered drizzled with olive oil, Alessandra was nice enough to bring some balsamic vinegar so we could add a little zip to the salad.

Mozzarella Caprese; Vine ripened tomatoes with fresh milk mozzarella: $9

Post balsamic drizzle:

The cheese was so delicate and soft and wonderful. The tomatoes may not have been as ripe and delicious as the tomatoes from some of the other restaurants but it was good nonetheless.

For our entrée, we ordered a large (serves 2-3) Margherita pizza to share. There are 8 slices for the large pizza.

Large Margherita Pizza – Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella, and Basil: $28

The pizza definitely could have used another few basil leaves since it looked like they had a 'basil light' version crafted for us. I’m not sure which I like better, the sauce or the crust – I’m a fan of both although I will admit that the center of the crust can sometimes become a little soggy. The cheese is plentiful and practically one big globby layer that takes some effort to cut through. It is almost as stringy and thick as the top cheesy layer of French onion soup which takes some effort to gnaw through.

I only ate a slice before I started to doubt that I could eat dessert if I had another slice. Well… being the not so smart person that I am for which the pizza just was too good to pass up another serving – I ate another slice. Ugh! We ended up leaving a slice in the pan since between three of us we couldn’t finish a large pie.

Now here’s my dilemma… Jabead had included in my List of 18 a suggestion to share some zeppoles with Michael here. I have been curious to try these little sweet fried nuggets so I decided to abandon any care or concern for the fact that I was reaching gastronomic overload.

Zeppole di Caterina; Ricotta cheese fritters served with whip cream and chocolate sauce: $10

Michael and I split the zeppoles while Em just watched this train wreck while exercising self-control. I am not a fan of chocolate sauce so I only added a smidge and then a dab of fresh whip cream to my serving of zeppoles.

MY Zepploes - very light chocolate thank you very much!

I believe I was too full to actually appreciate and enjoy the deep fried goodness. I think that they were similar in taste to a cake type donut hole. Michael really liked his zeppoles and enjoyed a liberal slathering of the chocolate sauce on them.

The bill with TiW discount of $12.40 was $63.99. We had our Dismeet to get to over in France so we had to get moving. I struggled with being so overstuffed for the rest of the day actually!

This was #10 on my List of 18 things to accomplish from Jabead (Barb) before I left to go on our trip. 10) Share an order of zeppole with Michael at Via Napoli.

Since Jabead is busy with December Roulette's scavenger hunt I will award my own points for successfully completing this task on her list and award myself 1,000 points!!! I think my total is now one MILLION POINTS!!

Next Up: A Dismeet and then Citricos dinner
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #764
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed VN when Eilee and I were there. Your pizza looks fabulous and cheesy, yum!! I went nuts over the zeppole, they were so light and fuffy! I may or may not have had an entire order to myself... I love that Emily watched "the train wreck"

I hope you've been able to spend some quality time with your son before he leaves. I've been thinking about you as the time approaches.
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #765
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Breakfast at O'Hana looks brill. I think we will give it a try next trip as we are starting to be bored with Chef Mickey.

We hever made it to Via Napoli for our ADR due to the torrential rain. Such a shame as bread alone would have made it worth the visit.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: