Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
stargirl0716
Earning My Ears

Shipping to Port Galveston

I read the section about being able to send a package to Florida for cruises, is this option available for Galveston?
Old 12-07-2012, 11:58 PM   #2
Night Owl
Earning My Ears

I would like to know this answer too, as we are sailing out of there next month.
Night Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl0716 View Post
I read the section about being able to send a package to Florida for cruises, is this option available for Galveston?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
I would like to know this answer too, as we are sailing out of there next month.
I know there were a couple of threads about this recently. Maybe do a search for "Galveston mail" would work?

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:40 AM   #4
Canadian Family
Earning My Ears

While I am far from an expert and have not actually done this yet, I did phone DCL and ask for the information. I will be shipping a box to port next week for the Jan. 4 sailing of the Magic. Keep in mind I am from Canada and that is why I am shipping so early. I had looked in the information on these boards and found the Port Canaveral information, so when I called I did ask on size restrictions. I was told there is nothing concrete, I would think you should use common sense. I am shipping a box that is 18"x18"x18" and under 20 lbs. The box must have a list of items posted on the side and not contain any restricted items. For restricted items, I used the PC info on these boards. You must also have the ship name, your name, sail date, stateroom # (if you have one) on your box in at least one spot. Ship to: Intercruises Shoreside and Port Services, 2109 Post Office Street, #318 Galveston, TX 77550. I was told to send it so that it arrived about a week before the cruise. It needs to be there prior to the Friday before the cruise.
Canadian Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #5
lodge
DIS Veteran

make sure you track the package if it does exist for galveston... shows whoever that it got there in case it doesn't make it to the ship
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #6
stargirl0716
Earning My Ears

Thank you for the information. It is greatly appreciated.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: