Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
NHSchool2012
DCP Alumni -- Earned my Ears!

University requirements

I have a lot of questions about the program and school requirements, and nobody at my school knows any of the answers.. I tried calling DCP today but the phone didn't pick up, so hopefully someone here can help me! These are the ones that I'm most worried about because the semester ends in a couple of weeks, so I want to have time to work it all out..

1. Do I have to be enrolled in a university while I'm participating in the program, or was it only a requirement to apply? I want to transfer out of the school that I'm at now, and I was accepted to a school for the fall 2013 semester. What I'm wondering is, could I go to my advisor now and tell him that I'm not coming back and enroll in the other school when I get back, basically meaning I have no enrollment anywhere for the spring 2013 semester, or do I have to be enrolled somewhere? My school requires that I fill out a leave of absence form explaining why I won't be here next semester, but I think it's stupid to have to fill that out only to come back and say I'm transferring.

2. In addition to the 2 classes offered in Florida through the program, could I still take online classes through my school? When I registered for the DCP courses I'm only able to block off time for 2 classes, regardless if they're DCP or home or anything, but could I still register for classes online and do them on my own time? Or would that be too much to handle do you think?
NHSchool2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:53 AM   #2
Spo0nfulofSugar
Impatiently waiting for College

I'm not sure about your first question, but you can most certainly take online classes through your school while you're there. Disney has info on this somewhere, because if your school accepts credits from other places you can take classes at a univeristy there too...something like that; it's probably on the CP blog somewhere-disneyprogramsblog.com. Online classes are really up to you. All the people I've heard from still taking classes while working there were a little overwhelmed, and most of them were only taking one or two. I'm sure you could do it if you really wanted to, but I think your off time is probably going to be spent relaxing or playing in the park
Old 12-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #3
keypooh90
Lovatic

1) You only need to be enrolled to apply. Disney doesn't care once you apply/are accepted!

2) It is certainly doable! I took two online classes, plus one Disney one during this past spring program, Spring 2012! It takes motivation and time management, but it is definitely doable!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: