Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #1
new2board
Earning My Ears

PHoto Pass Question - PLEASE HELP

Hi,

I have purchase the photopass plus through pre-order(15 days before trip), I received it. It's coupon type note which says that I have to take it the sales center at the parks or resorts and get the Photopass plus card.

Now I thought I will get the card itself in mail and which I can give to my brother's family who are going a week before us.

Now what do I do? Give them the note and ask them to get the card and use it and then give it to us when we arrive a week later?

Also will be questioned about it - like need to show ids,tickets etc, will there be any problem as I ordered it and our last names are different?

Please,please help
new2board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
BoardWalkBelle
DIS Veteran

you have to redeem the voucher at the parks in the photo center, no you dont receive the actual card in the mail. And, it is against the rules to share the card as you are planning to do. You are going to have to wait til you get there to get the actual card. You can give the voucher to your brother and he can pick it up for you, they dont check the name it was orederd under.
BoardWalkBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #3
new2board
Earning My Ears

Thanks

Thanks so much for letting me know.
new2board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #4
katrina1122
Just another Blonde moment in my life. Yay me.

Also, the card will be punched so it's only available for 14 days starting the day you activate it.
katrina1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #5
incredigirl
Earning My Ears

When we did this last year, we were able to add all the photopass cards from the two families in our party - no problem. We ended up with 100's of pictures and they actually sent us two cds to include all the pictures. They did allow us to order an extra copy, too. You'll love the photopass cd. When you tell photographers that you prepaid it, they will take extra pictures. One of our best pics was of all the kids in our group jumping in front of the sorcerer hat. It turned out really well.

incredigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by incredigirl
When we did this last year, we were able to add all the photopass cards from the two families in our party - no problem. We ended up with 100's of pictures and they actually sent us two cds to include all the pictures. They did allow us to order an extra copy, too. You'll love the photopass cd. When you tell photographers that you prepaid it, they will take extra pictures. One of our best pics was of all the kids in our group jumping in front of the sorcerer hat. It turned out really well.
You can still do that with Photopass. It's Photopass+ that is only available for 14 days.

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 12-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #7
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a long family trip to me, with some people getting in at different times. Especially since it sounds like they will still be there when you arrive?

We have a family trip coming up, where we arrive first, family arrives, family leaves, and 5 days later family comes back. Doesn't make it NOT a family trip.

I would have no problem giving the voucher to my brother so he can get the card, start using it, then when my family arrived we could ALL use it. You are very nice to buy it for the whole family.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #8
chip611
Mouseketeer

There is no rule against sharing PhotoPass cards and cds. I encourage families to do it all the time. 1 year my family visited and 2 weeks later my friends visited. We got all the photos on one CD because we were still with-in the 30 day period.
The only catch with the PhotoPass+ is that it will be hole punch for a 14 day entitlement period. The 14 days only effects getting your ride and dining photos added. Otherwise it is a standard PhotoPass cards to the photographers. I sounds like you and your brother will be vacationing close enough together. Just send the voucher to him and he can get it redeemed for the PP+ card and give it to you when you arrive.
Hopefully this helps

chip611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #9
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip611 View Post
There is no rule against sharing PhotoPass cards and cds. I encourage families to do it all the time. 1 year my family visited and 2 weeks later my friends visited. We got all the photos on one CD because we were still with-in the 30 day period.
The only catch with the PhotoPass+ is that it will be hole punch for a 14 day entitlement period. The 14 days only effects getting your ride and dining photos added. Otherwise it is a standard PhotoPass cards to the photographers. I sounds like you and your brother will be vacationing close enough together. Just send the voucher to him and he can get it redeemed for the PP+ card and give it to you when you arrive.
Hopefully this helps
The rule is against the Photopass shares being discussed that someone mentioned is a Dis rule.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #10
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

I don't think this is really a photopass share as the person going before her is her brother and it sounds like they are going to meet them there. I have been on several trips with family members who get there before us and leave before us. You want to spend some time with those family members, but maybe not the whole trip. This seems fine to me.

Photopass shares at least to me are typically when families who don't know each other but are going around the same time get together and split the cost of the photopass preorder to make it cheaper for everyone. I would never do this becuase I don't put that kind of trust in those that I don't know. Heck, I don't put that kind of trust in those that I do know. I always handle the photopass for family trips.
Crystal824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #11
chip611
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal824 View Post
I don't think this is really a photopass share as the person going before her is her brother and it sounds like they are going to meet them there. I have been on several trips with family members who get there before us and leave before us. You want to spend some time with those family members, but maybe not the whole trip. This seems fine to me.

Photopass shares at least to me are typically when families who don't know each other but are going around the same time get together and split the cost of the photopass preorder to make it cheaper for everyone. I would never do this becuase I don't put that kind of trust in those that I don't know. Heck, I don't put that kind of trust in those that I do know. I always handle the photopass for family trips.
I agree.

I understand the dis board rule about photopass sharing; especially through the dis board. But this is family. It sounds like your vacations are overlaping and you're related. No harm, no foul.

chip611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:24 PM   #12
mountdew1
DIS Veteran

OP, the voucher is needed for the PhotoPass+ card. Your brother can get normal PhotoPass cards no problem. Those can then be added to your account (make sure that you only use one account for both families) and will be on the CD along with yours. You can have multiple PhotoPass cards (and even PhotoPass+ cards) on the same account. However, if they need the PhotoPass+ card prior to your arrival, they would need to redeem the voucher. That would let them claim ride and dining pictures. Just make sure that the dates work as it is only good for 14 days from redeeming the voucher. So if you are only going to be there for a week, it should be ok, but if you brother claimed it Jan 1, and you arrived Jan 7, but left on Jan 18, you wouldn't be able to claim ride/dining pictures on the 15th-18th. Just keep that in mind when deciding when to claim the PP+ card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
The rule is against the Photopass shares being discussed that someone mentioned is a Dis rule.
The Dis rule is in place because the terms of the Photo CD commonly shared states that the pictures cannot be exchanged for money or any other compensation. And if a share was run where the cost was split, technically the people joining the share would be exchanging money for their pictures. Which is technically against the terms of the photo release. So when people were using the budget board to run shares, the Dis was technically a party to breaking the picture release terms. Dis didn't want to get in trouble with the mouse, so they banned running shares on the boards.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: