Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 10:08 AM   #121
holleypie
Mouseketeer

The food at Cape May looks delicious! We're hoping to stay on the Boardwalk next year (if we can get in at 7 months) and I'm already making a list of places to eat.... Dining out with Luke is a lot of fun now that I can share with him and let him feed himself.

Quote:
I thought this deserves its own post...Aria took her first solo steps over the weekend!!
OMG, she's walking! So exciting! Luke cruises and stands on his own just fine, but he can't be cajoled into taking any steps. Brian didn't walk until he was a year and a half, so we might have a long wait.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #122
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

congrats to Aria on taking her first steps! I'm sure she'll be running down Main Street in 10 days!

It looks like you guys had an awesome day at DHS. Its my least favorite park too, but it has two of my favorite rides (ToT and RnRC). Glad you guys got everything done you were looking to do, the photos of Aria with sorcerer Mickey are very cute!

We also enjoy Cape May, I'm hoping to get back there soon. Glad to hear that you guys had a great meal there!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #123
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

I have soo soo soo enjoyed your TR!!! Aria is just beautiful!! I wish I would have utilized the BCC a lot more than I did. I love TR with children- I have a 4 year old and an almost 14 month old.. We just went in September and I was trying to convince my DH to go in February but it's a no go. He said to at least wait a year.. How do you convince yours to go a couple times a year? I need the secret.

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
Old 11-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #124
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Oh yeah on a sidenote- I wanted to try Cape May Cafe when we were there but didnt get too. It looks quite delicious!!

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

Old 11-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #125
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Your DHS day turned out pretty nice!

I would be a horrible parent, it never occurred to me that you would have to bring food for a baby! Haha, I'll have to get very detailed instructions if any of my friends ever trust me to babysit.

Aria is walking- time flies! She is so adorable.

Last edited by Joyciemc; 11-27-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #126
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Looks like you had a great day in DHS.

GMR! I knew we forgot about something in that park. It just hit me now that we didn't go on it LOL
Old 11-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #127
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holleypie View Post
The food at Cape May looks delicious! We're hoping to stay on the Boardwalk next year (if we can get in at 7 months) and I'm already making a list of places to eat.... Dining out with Luke is a lot of fun now that I can share with him and let him feed himself.

OMG, she's walking! So exciting! Luke cruises and stands on his own just fine, but he can't be cajoled into taking any steps. Brian didn't walk until he was a year and a half, so we might have a long wait.
Cape May is definitely top of DH's list. Non-shellfish eaters wouldn't enjoy it as much but I like it just fine. Their drinks are fantastic. We are really enjoying feeding Aria now that we can just cut up whatever we are having and feed her that, in addition to pureed veggies or whatever. She has a BIG appetite lol.

I don't really know what the protocol for saying she is walking is, hahahaha, i mean she is up to about 5 steps before falling over, but it's generally between DH and I, not like running over to the christmas tree or something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
congrats to Aria on taking her first steps! I'm sure she'll be running down Main Street in 10 days!

It looks like you guys had an awesome day at DHS. Its my least favorite park too, but it has two of my favorite rides (ToT and RnRC). Glad you guys got everything done you were looking to do, the photos of Aria with sorcerer Mickey are very cute!

We also enjoy Cape May, I'm hoping to get back there soon. Glad to hear that you guys had a great meal there!
I sure hope so! We will see. Yep funny about DHS, I REALLY hope the Carsland addition rumors are going to come true, that'd be amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
I have soo soo soo enjoyed your TR!!! Aria is just beautiful!! I wish I would have utilized the BCC a lot more than I did. I love TR with children- I have a 4 year old and an almost 14 month old.. We just went in September and I was trying to convince my DH to go in February but it's a no go. He said to at least wait a year.. How do you convince yours to go a couple times a year? I need the secret.
Aww thank you so much!! How was September?? I'm taking Aria at 10 months, 13 months, and 16 months so it's fun to hear about the different ages there!

I somehow convinced my DH that annual passes would basically be a wash, so we should just get those. IDK WHY he agreed, because he should have foreseen my need to then USE those AP's more than just the trip in October, but somehow I caught him on a good day and he went along with it. Then for the December trip, I told him that if we were just going to use the AP's ONCE again, I'd rather go during the holidays than any other time of year (true) so we bookd that. THEN we came up with the awesome idea to go with DH's family while our AP's were still good. Then I decided I just HAD to go during the Flower & Garden festival, and I wanted my mom to get to see Aria at Disney before DH's parents did so I booked us a trip for March. It snowballed you could say! works for me! Oh, and I also planned it out so that my AP's expire ON my birthday next year, which is a Saturday, so that I could potentially go back that weekend and leave Sunday and still use our AP's... that trip isn't booked yet.

Also, ALL of these flights have been free. i signed up for the southwest CC when they offered 50,000 points, which is enough for about 4.5 round trip tickets from Providence! Then I signed up my DH too and got another 50,000 points. So the trips are actually super cheap with free flights, free tickets, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
Oh yeah on a sidenote- I wanted to try Cape May Cafe when we were there but didnt get too. It looks quite delicious!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Your DHS day turned out pretty nice!

I would be a horrible parent, it never occurred to me that you would have to bring food for a baby! Haha, I'll have to get very detailed instructions if any of my friends ever trust me to babysit.

Aria is walking- time flies! She is so adorable.
LOL I totally read this when all you had written was "I would be a horrible parent" and I was going to ask what you meant!! HAHA. It's a learning curve, I mean a couple months ago I had no idea HOW to feed a baby let alone what to have with me, and obviously I still forget, as we had to resort to BCC food for her and a hard metal spoon. But she survived! there is definitely a lot of stuff that comes along with babies though, much of it we brought I didn't need but had to learn that the hard way I guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Looks like you had a great day in DHS.

GMR! I knew we forgot about something in that park. It just hit me now that we didn't go on it LOL
Hahah yeah I think we skipped it on the last trip, and there's so little for Aria to ride in that park that I decided to go on it. The wait time was annoying me though, I've never actually waited for that ride before!
Old 11-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #128
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Oh my gosh, YES, the baby care center at DHS is just awful, especially compared to the ones in the rest of the park. You can tell it was just a total afterthought there, especially the nursing "rooms." If I ever nurse a baby in Disney World, I'd have to find somewhere else in DHS to do it besides there.

Otherwise, it seems like y'all had a great DHS day! It's so hard with little bitty ones. Our problem with Paxotn at a year old was that almost everything there was too long (shows, GMR) or too fast. Now that's he's bigger (and so is his attention span!) it wasn't quite as bad. It looks like Aria is much more go with the flow than he was though.

Your dinner looks delicious!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 11-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #129
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Someday we've got to try 50's Prime Time. Looks so fun!

I'm glad Aria enjoyed meeting Sorcerer Mickey!

RnRC is the one ride where I won't go in the Single Rider Line. We had a very bad experience there once, with the regular line moving WAY faster than the SRL...not cool.

Cape May looks decent. I'm not a seafood fan, but looks like a lot of other options there too.
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Old 11-29-2012, 09:52 AM   #130
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
Cape May is definitely top of DH's list. Non-shellfish eaters wouldn't enjoy it as much but I like it just fine. Their drinks are fantastic. We are really enjoying feeding Aria now that we can just cut up whatever we are having and feed her that, in addition to pureed veggies or whatever. She has a BIG appetite lol.

I don't really know what the protocol for saying she is walking is, hahahaha, i mean she is up to about 5 steps before falling over, but it's generally between DH and I, not like running over to the christmas tree or something...

I sure hope so! We will see. Yep funny about DHS, I REALLY hope the Carsland addition rumors are going to come true, that'd be amazing.

Aww thank you so much!! How was September?? I'm taking Aria at 10 months, 13 months, and 16 months so it's fun to hear about the different ages there!

I somehow convinced my DH that annual passes would basically be a wash, so we should just get those. IDK WHY he agreed, because he should have foreseen my need to then USE those AP's more than just the trip in October, but somehow I caught him on a good day and he went along with it. Then for the December trip, I told him that if we were just going to use the AP's ONCE again, I'd rather go during the holidays than any other time of year (true) so we bookd that. THEN we came up with the awesome idea to go with DH's family while our AP's were still good. Then I decided I just HAD to go during the Flower & Garden festival, and I wanted my mom to get to see Aria at Disney before DH's parents did so I booked us a trip for March. It snowballed you could say! works for me! Oh, and I also planned it out so that my AP's expire ON my birthday next year, which is a Saturday, so that I could potentially go back that weekend and leave Sunday and still use our AP's... that trip isn't booked yet.

Also, ALL of these flights have been free. i signed up for the southwest CC when they offered 50,000 points, which is enough for about 4.5 round trip tickets from Providence! Then I signed up my DH too and got another 50,000 points. So the trips are actually super cheap with free flights, free tickets, etc.

LOL I totally read this when all you had written was "I would be a horrible parent" and I was going to ask what you meant!! HAHA. It's a learning curve, I mean a couple months ago I had no idea HOW to feed a baby let alone what to have with me, and obviously I still forget, as we had to resort to BCC food for her and a hard metal spoon. But she survived! there is definitely a lot of stuff that comes along with babies though, much of it we brought I didn't need but had to learn that the hard way I guess!

Hahah yeah I think we skipped it on the last trip, and there's so little for Aria to ride in that park that I decided to go on it. The wait time was annoying me though, I've never actually waited for that ride before!

September was fantastic! I mentioned to someone else on here before that it was nice b/c when everyone else is going to the beach, etc during the summer, you know you're vacation is just around the corner and is way better than any old beach, HA and it's nice to go during a "low crowd" season. We throughly enjoyed it and can't decide if we want to go next September again or try October or November... Would love to wait on free dining again! That's always a huge plus!

Old 11-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #131
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
I think that's why we skipped it. The wait was 20-30 minutes and my reaction was 'wth? I'm not waiting for that ride!'
Old 11-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #132
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz
Oh my gosh, YES, the baby care center at DHS is just awful, especially compared to the ones in the rest of the park. You can tell it was just a total afterthought there, especially the nursing "rooms." If I ever nurse a baby in Disney World, I'd have to find somewhere else in DHS to do it besides there.

Otherwise, it seems like y'all had a great DHS day! It's so hard with little bitty ones. Our problem with Paxotn at a year old was that almost everything there was too long (shows, GMR) or too fast. Now that's he's bigger (and so is his attention span!) it wasn't quite as bad. It looks like Aria is much more go with the flow than he was though.

Your dinner looks delicious!
Lol they seriously were. I will probably just skip them next time, even the diaper changing areas weren't great. Def an afterthought. Yeah I am not too worried about the shows, I mean she doesn't give them total attention but isn't upset to be there either. GMR surprisingly held her attention pretty well. There isn't much there though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette
Someday we've got to try 50's Prime Time. Looks so fun!

I'm glad Aria enjoyed meeting Sorcerer Mickey!

RnRC is the one ride where I won't go in the Single Rider Line. We had a very bad experience there once, with the regular line moving WAY faster than the SRL...not cool.

Cape May looks decent. I'm not a seafood fan, but looks like a lot of other options there too.
I shouldn't either, I have never had that SR experience before though. It was super annoying! Yeah there are decent non seafood options, but its mainly meat which I don't eat either LOL so I ended up with a lot of pasta. Still had fun though! Wish it was a character meal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz

September was fantastic! I mentioned to someone else on here before that it was nice b/c when everyone else is going to the beach, etc during the summer, you know you're vacation is just around the corner and is way better than any old beach, HA and it's nice to go during a "low crowd" season. We throughly enjoyed it and can't decide if we want to go next September again or try October or November... Would love to wait on free dining again! That's always a huge plus!
I love October but September would be great too. I think it might be too hot for my DH though lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105

I think that's why we skipped it. The wait was 20-30 minutes and my reaction was 'wth? I'm not waiting for that ride!'
Hahahah yep thankfully it didn't take that long. You did waste time on the backlot tour hahahaha
Old 12-04-2012, 07:16 AM   #133
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Whew, probably no update this week, we leave on Friday for a 3 night trip to the world! For those that don't know, we are staying at POR in a Royal Room!

Also, this week is our 180-day week for June trip (since we are staying offsite the reservations have to be made daily, ugh). Of course, since we are going for 10 nights, the last few days of the trip coincide with our stay at POR so I know what I will be doing at 7AM each day.

We had intended to book an Illuminations cruise for everyone as their christmas presents, but were getting mixed messages about the 10 ppl max capacity, CM's were CERTAIN that Aria didn't count, but I called the marina to be sure and they said she does. Which means we had to come up with a new idea quick, so we are going to try to get a reservation for the Grand 1 Yacht, because I can't think of anything else to do for a group of 11. DH's parents are treating everyone to dinner at Ohana, so another dinner seems a bit silly, and I know his sister has actually done the Wishes dessert party or else I'd do that. IDK anything else?

Anyway that's all for today! We had a very busy weekend, with a successful holiday party, had about 70 people come to the house, and kept Aria up til about 9 and she was happy and fine so that was great! But the 7AM wake up wasn't so easy. (DH stayed up until 4AM, I made it to about 2AM lol).

Talk to you all next week! Unless I can get on in the next 2 days with an update. Any ideas for a group thing would be much appreciated!
Old 12-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #134
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Have fun!
Old 12-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #135
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Sorry I have no ideas for your boat situation, but I hope y'all have a fantastic time!!! How are you going to juggle all these reports, girl?!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: