Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #31
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

Here is the movie theater which can be entered from 2 levels too, although there is no balcony, just high up seats

The carpeting that is in front of the movie theater. Hidden Mickey's anyone??

Outside the door to the theater. More Mickeys. There is a snack bar there but I dont have a photo of
it.

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
mom x4,grandma x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #32
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

Here are a few hidden Mickeyís around the ship. I wonít say where they are, itís up to you to find them. They are everywhere.

Here are a couple more to get you started looking for them.

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #33
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

I guess ports are next on my list. We are been to all these ports a few times before, how ever we found 2 new excursions to try.

In Grand Cayman we just walked around some shops and returned to the ship. We didn’t see anything we really wanted to do there.

In Cozumel we did the Adventure Park excursion. This one has 4 towers in a square shape that you can climb like a rock climbing wall, and repel down a 60 foot tower and they had several zip lines at different heights. There was a rope bridge where you step in one loop at a time to get across and a wooden rickety bridge with no place to hold on and a few slates were missing from the bridge. Of course you’re tethered from above so you can’t fall but it feels like you’re going to fall.

Some in our group were disappointed because they thought it was going to be long zip lines from the tree tops like other islands have. But since we didn’t have any real expectations we thought it was great.

If you just want to try something like this but don’t want to be 100 feet high then this is a good excursion to try to see if you like it before trying the big stuff. I kept my feet on the ground because heights scare me, but Greg loved it.

I took some pictures. You can do it as many times as you want during a 3 hour tour. They have men at every corner to help and instruct you. Plus there is a snorkeling beach there, but the water was very choppy so nobody wanted to snorkel. We each received a ticket for a free pop at the bar when we were done.

Everyone but us left right away. We stayed and order some chips and salsa and enjoyed the view. They also had a nice large pool there for you to swim in if you wanted to. The guides were great and very helpful. A taxi ride back to the ship was also included in the price of the excursion.

I do recommend this tour.

This loop rope bridge is meant to do one step at a time. One man was going to skip everyother one and you will do the splits if you try that.

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com

Last edited by mom x4,grandma x4; 12-22-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #34
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

Entrance to climb the first tower. It's like climbing a light house stairs.

Getting your gear on.

The next photos show how pretty the area was there. It was also very clean and the people were very friendly.

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
Old 12-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #35
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

You could swim in the pool, nobody was in it until we were about to leave or swim in the ocean. They had coke products and they were in glass bottles like when I was young. The chips and salsa was only $6,00 if you wanted guacamole instead of their salsa it was $7.00.
They have lockers to stow your purses or backpacks. They cost $5 for the day. When you turn in the key your refunded $2.
They also had water for you in the zip line area if you got thirsty and 2 tables where you could sit if you wanted to.

Other foods were available.

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com

Last edited by mom x4,grandma x4; 12-06-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #36
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

We had a few minutes to shop after we were done which was nice. We never buy much but itís nice to browse around some before returning to the ship.

Then in Costa Maya we did the Segway tour. I have always wanted to try a Segway so this was fun for me. It is fairly easy to drive but the getting on and off was really hard for me. The steering is very touchy and itís very easy to turn the steering just a bit when youíre getting on or off and that causes a problem. At least for this lady it did.

So I was the last person in line in case I had a problem I wouldnít cause a crash. LOL!!! But I did just fine and Edwin gave me lots of encouragement.

We rode along the road to Mahauhal (spelling?) which use to be a fishing village. Itís right on the beach. We did a 20 minute stop there for shopping and a bathroom break. Then a bit farther down the beach we ended our tour with a 30 minute beach break, before a taxi would take us back to the port. I really enjoyed this excursion.

Getting protective gear on.

I know i have more photos of this but for some reason I don't see them right now so I will try to add them to the odd and ends after the report.

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
Old 12-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #37
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

One thing I appreciated about both our tours was our guides didnít give us the usual speech about how badly they need our tips since they donít get paid much. I use to hate hearing them tell us about their financial problems to get us to tip them. It happens on almost every excursion we have been on over the years. Nobody said a word about tips on either excursion.
Of course we did tip them because we had outstanding service.

While waiting to pull out from the port we went up to deck 13 to watch us pull out. We were next to the Norwegian Sun cruise ship. It was dark outside so it was easy to see some of their dining rooms, game room and we heard a band playing on their open deck.

So we walked down a ways to see the band. They were quite good and we enjoyed hearing them. As I was listening to them I started looking at other public areas on their ship to see the dťcor. Boy did I get a surprise!! There were 2 very large windows almost straight across from us and I saw a man walk in and turn towards the windows. I couldnít believe what he did. It was the Menís Bathroom, LOL!!!!

No description is necessary I hope. LOL!

Who in their right mind would have huge windows in the menís room looking out to sea and if you did youíd think they would have a blind to pull down while in port. I was stunned. So I called my husband over to make sure I saw what I thought I saw. He couldnít believe it either.

The 4th or 5th man who entered the bathroom slowly raised his head up and waved at people on our ship straight across from him.
I can tell you ladies out of 8 men only 2 washed their hands so you might want to remind all your husbands and sons to wash their hands. LOL!
We figured nobody would believe us so here is a photo to prove it. Sorry Itís so dark but it was a quick shot that we hadnít figured on taking.

I still can't believe this happened. We took the photo because we didnt think anyone would believe us.

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
Old 12-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #38
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

Here are a few pictures of lunches and breakfast on the ship:

This was a steak dinner at Cabanas

corned beef

Roast beef for lunch. Greg made a Mickey shape without even knowing it when he set these plates for me to take a photo.

By the end of the week you start getting so full you only have room for cereal.

Apple pie

Freshly made omlet

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
Old 12-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #39
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

Castaway Cay was our first sunny day. It was decorated for Christmas which was nice. The only lasting effect from hurricane Sandy was lots of brown vegetation instead of beautiful colorful tropical flowers. They will come back in a few weeks.
We rented bikes like we usually do and rode around the island. It was a bit cool for swimming for us, so we didn’t go in the water. Many did but I guess coming from Florida it didn’t seem as warm to us like someone from Minnesota would have thought it was. So we had a relaxing day exploring the island.

Approaching Castaway Cay

Storks near Observation tower

water slides

Post Office . If you want to mail post cards from here. Do it in the morning because it closes early and they only take cash there.

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com

Last edited by mom x4,grandma x4; 12-22-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #40
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

snack after lunch.

It was a great day on the island.

Now it was time to pack up the suitcases so we could be ready to disembark early the next day. It didnít take me long to pack. We only had 2 suitcases so we didnít set them out to be collected. Instead we carried them off the ship at 7 a.m. and right out to the car. We were told anyone carrying off their luggage could leave at 7 a.m. and walk directly through customs with no line and thatís what we did. From the time we got on the gang plank to the time we were in our car was maybe 5 minutes.

View of the port at 6 a.m. from our balcony.

The gang plank to take us back to reality.

I will post a few miscellaneous photos from around the ship soon.

This was the most awesome cruise we have had in years!
Now I am pooped from having to wash my own laundry, cook my own meals and clean my room and make the bed.

Plus after all the unpacking and laundry and grocery shopping the next day we spent at Magic Kingdom, which is exhauting and Epcot to see decorations,then monday we decorated the house, tuesday I worked on Christmas cards, and this report and wedneday night we went to see the Osborne family Spectacle of lights at Hollywood Studios, today is posting my report and tomorrow night is the Christmas party at Mk. What a great week!
If anyone has any questions please ask and I will try to answer them.

Kathy

More photos to come soon.

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
Old 12-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #41
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

The last day on the ship they always have a Till We meet Again meet where characters come out for one last photo.
Usually this is late at night but this time they had 2 different times, one early and one late.
Here are a couple photos of that.

No line for Cinderella.

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com

Last edited by mom x4,grandma x4; 12-22-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #42
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

Floor in front of Shutters kiosks

Look at the ceiling over this and it looks like a giant camera lens.

These books are where you make up your cruise photos for purchasing.

Kiosks and through the door is an Art Gallery

Minnie in the artium

More photos tomorrow or late tonight.

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
Old 12-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #43
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

some awesome animals

We watched a man make these paintings. He used spray paint and newspapers and cardboard pieces. So we bought this one.

The Fantasy and the Norwegan Sun,

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
Old 12-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #44
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

Pirate ship

Some carpeting

These lights are really beautiful in person and very large.

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
Old 12-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #45
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

Elevator

A tender boat

Some of deck 14 chairs

Mickey outside of the Walt Disney theater

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com

Display Modes Rate This Thread