Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
rutgers1
DIS Veteran

Just got two rooms at a great price

I run a sports website and have to send two of my writers to Orlando over the Christmas break for the Russell Athletic Bowl. Not being particularly choosey about which exact hotel they will be staying in, I decided to try something I always wanted to try -- the Priceline "name your own price" feature.

It was GREAT!

I ended up getting a 3 and 1/2 star hotel that retailed for $130/night for $75/night. Not sure if I could have gone even lower.

One of the cool things about it -- aside from naming your own price -- is that you can be quite specific in terms of the geographic area in which you are staying. For example, in the Orlando area, I think they divided it into about 12 geographic zones.

This worked out great for my current situation (needing two rooms, each for a single person), but from what I understand, it is an issue when you are booking for a family. Apparently they will not guarantee 2 double beds, so you could get stuck with a king.
rutgers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

glad you are happy - what hotel did you get?

there is a priceline in the sticky - that you can definitely report what you got.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #3
rutgers1
DIS Veteran

I was just looking for something in Orlando, so I didn't specify a zone in particular. I got the Doubletree across the street from Sea World.
rutgers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:21 AM   #4
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutgers1 View Post
I run a sports website and have to send two of my writers to Orlando over the Christmas break for the Russell Athletic Bowl. Not being particularly choosey about which exact hotel they will be staying in, I decided to try something I always wanted to try -- the Priceline "name your own price" feature.

It was GREAT!

I ended up getting a 3 and 1/2 star hotel that retailed for $130/night for $75/night. Not sure if I could have gone even lower.

One of the cool things about it -- aside from naming your own price -- is that you can be quite specific in terms of the geographic area in which you are staying. For example, in the Orlando area, I think they divided it into about 12 geographic zones.

This worked out great for my current situation (needing two rooms, each for a single person), but from what I understand, it is an issue when you are booking for a family. Apparently they will not guarantee 2 double beds, so you could get stuck with a king.
I suggest you check betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel.com to help you save even more when bidding.
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:39 AM   #5
kiki02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was just looking for something in Orlando, so I didn't specify a zone in particular. I got the Doubletree across the street from Sea World.
Plus the parking and the resort fee there, right? I think we stayed there.
kiki02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #6
MattM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Nice property. The Russell Athletic Bowl/Capital One Bowl usually use the Hilton Orlando Resort for their events as well, which is very close to the doubletree.
MattM is offline   Reply With Quote