Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #11
DizCaptain
°o° Disney Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDale79 View Post
How does it make it moot? People aren't flocking from the East Coast to the West just because DCA all of a sudden has CarsLand. More people from the West Coast are spending more time at DLR and going to both parks now. It's not like the entire DLR had an attendance problem and couldn't draw guests. DLR's MK was still ranked 2nd in attendance in the world last year. The problem with the attendance at DCA was because of how bad DCA was. Now that Disney has fixed it, the people that were only going to MK are now going to both MK and DCA.

It's mind boggling that you guys really think most disney guests are going to go to a theme park on the opposite coast they live on because they have different attractions.
Not at all the point we're making. The hype of this new area is strong right now, and really is flocking everyone there, and because of said hype everyone on this side of the states is eager to experience it like a child wanting a cookie. They build Carsland in WDW and all of a sudden that particular experience is just another cookie, our wants filled, our desires ever increasing.

Right now Carsland is a marvel and its ONLY at DCA, the minute you turn it into a franchised land its hype is gone and its just not as special. In the long term even, people on the east coast may want to visit Carsland that they'd eventually travel out there, I know I would like to fly out to DCA to see it, and I've never been anywhere other than WDW.

Point is, they need to stop homogenizing every single thing they do and create unique aspects for each park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM View Post
Is TT a failure, then?
While its a fun ride and was one of my favorites, the number of breakdowns it has along with weather closures and maintenance, its not exactly a success in broader terms.

"Laughter is America's most important export." -Walt Disney

DizCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: