Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #2701
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Hi guys...

well...I just got home around an hour or so ago. Was all set to be released around 10:30 or so, no issues. While answering the nurse's questions mentioned that for a brief minute, there was a slight "feeling"/pressure over the left chest. Immediatelty, more tests were ordered, then re-ordered. Basicly laid there in a bed for 7 hours untill I was cleared, with only a couple of small glasses of juice.

Now tomorrow I have to do a stress test. Feeling very drained right now, and a sore throat obviously.

Prayers, thoughts and congrats to all those who need/deserve it.
Take it easy and get better. Hopefully the tests will lead to solving the difficulty and getting you on the right road to recovery

Old 12-06-2012, 09:30 AM   #2702
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
There's a new development in the daycare teacher saga, my parents are friends with her uncle and we didn't even know it till today. So that's a conversation piece
Well that clears it up. Now your taking dating advice from your parents? No wonder you haven't spoken to her yet. If her uncles...cousins...best friends...mothers...inlaws know her than you are all set. Now get in there and make us proud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
What season do the tight fighting clothes come in to play? Is there a fashion-focused karate tournament every spring or something?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #2703
moose615
DIS Veteran

Yay my life's a soap opera now, hopefully my long lost brother that I never knew about isn't the killer
Old 12-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #2704
Bo Duke
(Jason) l You can NEVER make everyone happy, but You can make everyone miserable.

Hey guys. Looks like things have been moving along well over hear again. Lots of pages to scroll through. Way behind over here. So, Wishes for those who need them, congrats to the deserving, and Hi to everyone else.

Now, while scrolling i notice a certain video that was posted in the pub hasn't been posted here. (if it was i missed it sorry) But there has been a motion and a second (in the pub) to make it the official disdad Theme song.

What do you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSReS...layer_embedded

March 1996 (HS band trip) Offsite(that was scary!), May 2011 CBR, Jan - Feb 2012 CBR, Jan - Feb 2013 POR, Jan-Feb 2014 POP

Old 12-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #2705
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Booked our Nov 2013 trip today. 7 nights at BLT. Can't wait!
OK, so maybe there is a little jealousy going on. Still hoping to get in a vacation in August 2013. Congrats on getting it booked.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #2706
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Morning....passed the stress test quite well, so pretty much in the clear. Yesterday wasjust precautionary after the procedure, because I felt slight off. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.

Only one test left, more to determine puffers etc next week. After that, following up with my doctor to determine whether or not to increase the blood pressure meds. Figured out why I felt so drained yesterday, was running a fever, but was a side effect to the bronchospy.

Very glad to be all clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Morning fellow dads, hope all is well, DD was running a fever so she's staying with grandma today. But she's doing good overall
Hope she feels better soon, prayers.

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 12-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #2707
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
And finally, there are Narwhales an a bigfoot in NJ?
Narwhales No, Bigfoots Yes, I've seen one this guy who comes into our store is 6ft 8 and wears a size 16 shoe, they do exist
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 12-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #2708
toughmudder
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Child swap is the best kept 'secret' It's like getting an 'old' school FP!
Child swap is all that and a bag of chips...

As excited as I am that our youngest is getting old enough to ride everything with us, I'm lamenting the fact that child swap is slowly becoming a non-option for us.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Test Track! I watched an online video and it looked pretty cool.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #2709
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
At the design screens... And down for technical difficulties.
Still down? We need reviews, man!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #2710
jmwest
DIS Dad #578
A little inspirational reading for anyone who gets discouraged. YOU CAN DO IT!

Quote:
Morning....passed the stress test quite well, so pretty much in the clear. Yesterday wasjust precautionary after the procedure, because I felt slight off. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.

Only one test left, more to determine puffers etc next week. After that, following up with my doctor to determine whether or not to increase the blood pressure meds. Figured out why I felt so drained yesterday, was running a fever, but was a side effect to the bronchospy.

That's great news!
DDC Member #578

Me DW DD7 DD3 and DSnewborn
Old 12-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #2711
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy

Hope she feels better soon, prayers.
Thank you, I'm sure it's just a little bug, being around so many kids daily, surprised she hasn't gotten something before

I hope everything's well for you as well
Old 12-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #2712
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:

Great news now go to work.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 12-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #2713
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Rode test track twice... Verdict is its awesome!!! The design part is the best part of it, but if you do fp or single rider, you only get to pick a certain attribute for your car (power, economy, etc) and you have 6 or 8 designs to pick from. I'm going to have to ride standby at some point to do the whole design program ( which is what I was taking a picture of from fp line). FP gone for the day and three wait is 50 min. That area closed at 3 today for a grand opening press event.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #2714
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
‘Morning all…

Sat down and worked out the household budget with judicious savings for upcoming collage tuition added in. The realization…
We won’t be doing much traveling (or anything else) for the next 4 or 5 years (unless something major changes).

I already miss Disney.
I hear you. Next semesters fees are due December 21. Puts a damper on Christmas. She is thinking about becoming an RA next year which pays room and board. Between that and her scholarship, it would make things a lot easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Grand Opening day... 20 min of EMH left and the line is already 45 min. Glad I have a pocket full of FP and a rider swap.

Cool! Can't wait to see it and the new Fantasyland in January. Have fun with the FP and child swap.

Quote:
Welcome to the thread! If you haven't figured it out yet, Norm will eat and drink all your dues and then say they never got there.

And don't listen to CJ either, he is trying to build a new city on his front lawn using Disdad trailers. It's a Trap!
Thinking of having brochures printed selling lots in Golden Oaks Phase 2.

Quote:
I thought you were in the Keys looking at fish and stuff.

Happy belated to Walt!
Not yet. My friend is flying in from the UK this afternoon and we head down there tomorrow. If I dive and get any decent pics, I will post a few.

Quote:

So are we all.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #2715
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Morning dads. Just got back from dropping the kids at a preschool filed trip and the gym. Now onto the threee page honey do list that was sitting under my Yoda coffee mug this morning.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, cake, ddcc, dole whips, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: