Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 12:16 AM   #46
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stindall

I don't think anyone here is being grumpy or paranoid...and I've never been inclined to take a photo with a character, CM or not.
Wait!

Whyever not?!

I get that its not everyone's thing... But. Definitely missing out, its quite fun.
Plus, the characters get a different interaction with adults than with kids.....

Ok! Back to the JS debate... Maybe he's around the dis somewhere.. it'd be interesting if so.
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:00 AM   #47
tony609
"I've Gotta Show To Do"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425
He probably went to the Pirates League for a makeover. You should never EVER let your child near someone knowing full well they do not work for Disney. What if he would have done something inapproprate with those kids? It happens more than you might think AND you would have ZERO recourse because you knowingly gave permission to a stranger to interact with your children. Sounds like he was a nice guy, but really inappropriate and totally against Disney's rules for someone to sign autographs when they are not a CM.
! One time a little boy was collecting autographs from people at the MK in his autograph book. He asked me to sign, I looked at his mom, she said he wants real people autographs, I signed it and where I was from. The CMs saw and didn't stop us not anyone else he asked and there were a ton around they thought it was sweet. So maybe not sign as a character? Is that what you mean? Because I'm not a cm and I signed?
9/07,10/08,10/09,9/10,11/10,9/11,9/12, 5/13,5/13,9/13,5/14

DL-5/05, 5/12

COMING UP WDW-5/14, 9/14

FASTPASS+ THREAD
tony609 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 01:45 AM   #48
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

I wish someone could post a pic of this guy! I find it really, really hard to believe that Disney is not "in" on this somehow. Maybe he isn't a CM, but is auditioning? Disney takes it characters very seriously, I saw them turn away a woman one time who maybe you might think was dressed like Giselle from Enchanted. (this was a few weeks after the movie came out) She had long curly red hair and she was wearing a sparkly wedding like dress, I don't know if she was trying to look like Giselle or just trying to do the princess thing, but they wouldn't let her in, security even came over. She didn't look nearly as "spot on" as everyone is saying this guy does either.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:14 AM   #49
Quicklabs
DIS Veteran

Maybe a doctoral level PhD candidate in Social Psychology conducting dissertation research (with Disney's blessing, of course) of some sort?

I've eaten at 66 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (27%)
Quicklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:24 AM   #50
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicklabs
Maybe a doctoral level PhD candidate in Social Psychology conducting dissertation research (with Disney's blessing, of course) of some sort?
Lol, and grant money is covering it.

As far as paranoid, I'd say anyone telling another parent about stranger danger comes under that heading.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #51
juliehoey
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...OMDD WINNER!!

Something is definitely off here. I find it VERY hard to believe Disney isn't in on this. With that being such a popular character and so many sightings? If they are not in on this, it needs to be looked at by them. It's too freaky for me personally
Old 12-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #52
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliehoey View Post
I find it VERY hard to believe Disney isn't in on this.
Jack's too sneaky to get caught.

Plus, when he gets caught, and his persuasion skills fail him, sheer luck rescues him!
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #53
juliehoey
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...OMDD WINNER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post

Plus, when he gets caught, and his persuasion skills fail him, sheer luck rescues him!
So true! But he doesn't sound like he's being very sneaky but obvious Love the suit sighting
Old 12-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #54
cuchu2005
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post

Of course. And don't forget that there's always the 'Look, it's the Governor's (or Blackbeard's) Daughter' (and flee!) Or Parkhop, whatever.

Seriously, 4 pages and still no pictures (considering all the Disers that have claimed seeing the guy)? This is getting out of control!

Mx
Jul 1994 - WDW with Mom and Dad and Sister - Feb 1999 - WDW with DW to be - Mar 2000 - WDW with DW to be - Apr 2002 - Disneyland Paris with DW on Honeymoon - Jan 2008 - Discovered the Dis - Feb 2008 - WDW with DW and first DD (2) and on my Bday. - May 2009 - WDW with DW and first DD (3) - Sep 2010 - WDW with DW and DD (4) and DD (9mths) - Feb 2011 - WDW with DW and DD (5) and DD (1) - Nov 2011 - WDW with DW and DD (6) and DD (1) - Feb 2012 - DLR with DW and DD (6) and DD (2) - Feb 2013 - WDW with DW and DD (7) and DD (3) - Oct 2013 - DLR with DW and DD (7) and DD (3)

cuchu2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #55
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuchu2005 View Post
Of course. And don't forget that there's always the 'Look, it's the Governor's (or Blackbeard's) Daughter' (and flee!) Or Parkhop, whatever.

Seriously, 4 pages and still no pictures (considering all the Disers that have claimed seeing the guy)? This is getting out of control!

Mx
I saw him, but did not take a picture for reasons already explained. Believe it or not.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #56
Kerrio929
Mouseketeer

I didn't take a picture bc it was one thing to har him sign my DD's books but another to have them hugging him for a photo.
DD: 5

Kerrio929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #57
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
I saw him, but did not take a picture for reasons already explained. Believe it or not.
no one said they didn't believe you.

Oh god there's the yeti! - The Trip Report!.

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!- Aug. 2015 DL @ Stanford Inn & Suites -

stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #58
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny square View Post
I'd say her parent probably has heard of stranger danger. She may know it is over rated. She probably isn't paranoid and could assess the situation. The op also didn't force him to do anything. It was simple fun. Spontaneous good time fun.

People who shout boogeyman all the time should really consider the facts more often.
Yes, this. Some people are just paranoid.

I also think Disney knows about this and either he does work there or they've decided to leave him alone. Maybe it was Jonny Depp..
Old 12-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #59
Momof626x3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaseblossom View Post
Wait, he was dressed in a suit? A business suit with jacket and tie?! But with JS dreads? This is so strange.
Yes, a suit...I think it was a pinstripe suit. I don't remember seeing a tie though. He did have dreads, makeup, and all. I didn't get a picture because the first time I saw him he was moving in the opposite direction and the second time he was standing with a group of people by FotLK...and I didn't just want to take a picture of some guy with his family. I did think it was odd that Disney would allow an adult to walk around dressed in costume.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: