Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #16
Experiment_626
Stealth Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by incident57 View Post
Has anyone seen/heard if the Wreck it Ralph shirts are available at the parks yet? I see they've hit eBay (at a very high price) and I'm wondering where the seller got them.
I would presume that seller got them in the parks; he must have either stocked up on them or lives close and can buy them straight from the parks when someone orders one, because he lists all sizes available.

I've gotten at least one of my Spooner shirts in the Emporium on Main Street at WDW and as far as I know, the parks are the only place they're sold. I mean, they may be available at Mickey's of Glendale and/or at Pixar Studios, and maybe the cruise line, but other than that I don't know where else they're sold.

I do have friends down at the parks now; I'll see if they can find out whether they're available.

At one time, I believe the Spooner shirts were available (while supplies last) on the Reyn Spooner web site, but I haven't found anything there in years. I have no idea why these shirts are produced in such apparent limited quantities, except for the Toy Story 3 shirt which was available for quite a while. You'd think they could sell more than they typically make, even without changing their prices.

SSB
Old 12-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #17
tinkagain
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by incident57 View Post
Just answering my own question for anyone else that might stumble on this thread wondering: the Disney Soda Fountain & Studio Store (where I purchased both the Incredibles and Toy Story 3 shirts) does not carry the Reyn Spooner Wreck it Ralph shirt, and I just spent 15 minutes on the phone with a very patient DelivEARS rep who tried every possible way but could not even find a listing for it anywhere in her system. She even went through every Wreck it Ralph shirt listed (in and out of stock) and couldn't find it. So it doesn't look good.

Does anyone know if it might be available directly at the parks themselves even if DelivEARS doesn't have a listing for it? Or another way to get one besides paying $170 on eBay?

Mahalo very much,
Scott
I have been looking at Disneyland but have not seen any Reyn Spooner shirts since the Toy Story 3 one. My husband collects the Disney shirts.
tinkagain is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 07:43 AM   #18
artguy
Earning My Ears

Disney/Pixar Reyn Spooner etc...

Hello everybody!

So I stumbled upon this thread and thought I would add some (perhaps helpful) info! I've collected/worn hawaiian shirts for years, and began acquiring Reyn Spooner Disney/Pixar shirts several years ago. I find them on occasion in the parks, often on ebay, and once in a blue moon at the disneystore site. I also have several of the SHAG shirts (tiki room, Haunted mansion in green and purple) and a host of Disneyland "land" designs. Great stuff when you can find them!

I recently tried to find a Wreck it Ralph shirt, and was frustrated it could not be purchased anywhere except ebay for roughly 170 bucks. Now the regular retail on the Spooner shirts is 79.95 plus tax, so that price was a bit too much. As part of my quest, I emailed Reyn Spooner HQ in Hawaii to find out just how these things get distributed. I was informed that Reyn does not sell them at any of their shops anymore (nor online) they are made exclusively for Disney who basically does whatever they wish with them.

I was also searching for a Brave shirt at the time, after seeing a nice guy at DL wearing one. His son works at PIXAR so he was able to buy it at their studio store. Unfortunately, the public is not allowed to walk in off the street and buy, although disappointed - pressed on. I finally found an ebay seller who does not gouge as much as some, and purchased it from him. He was kind enough to let me know he would soon have Monsters 2 - Frozen & Planes.

If anyone would like his info, let me know. Not sure how people obtain these things, but at least they are available in some way/shape/form to we unwashed masses! The shirts are a LOT of fun to wear, and I always get compliments. I often have Disney park employees marvel at how cool the designs are - and ask where I got them. Even more fun!!

Kurt
artguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:45 PM   #19
ska1881
Earning My Ears

I also collect these great shirts. As far as I know, only one seller on Ebay sells most of these Disney Reyn Spooner shirts and has all sizes. I bought many shirts from him so far and got a great deal. I don't know of anyone else that carries Braves, Wall-es and Wreck it Ralphs all sizes. He's a great guy and if you're willing to buy multiple shirts, he doesn't have a problem giving a discount.
ska1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:00 PM   #20
ska1881
Earning My Ears

Anyone interested in Wreck it Ralph for 140$ ?
ska1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:02 AM   #21
Leilanie94
Mouseketeer

Hello! I purchased a Mickey Mouse & Tiki Hawaiian T-shirt (blue & red) for my son, last year from WDW. My son loves Tiki's.

The Wreck it Ralph shirt sounds cool. Do they make it in boy's size? I would consider getting it for my son.

Aloha,
Leilanie
Leilanie94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #22
Eddi
Earning My Ears

Reyn Spooner Bolt, Princess & Frog, and Toy Story 3

Just saw these on eBay and except for Toy Stroy 3 ones, the opening bid prices aren't bad..and they are new!
Just search "Bolt Reyn Spooner" and look at the sellers store...
Eddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #23
Experiment_626
Stealth Geek

I have a birthday coming up, and a couple of mysterious packages have shown up at the house -- judging by the feel of the packages, they contain cloth items. Perhaps I'll have a new Hawaiian shirt or two in a few days, and maybe they'll be Disney shirts.

We were down at the parks a couple of weeks ago for our first visit in over a year, and my wife was atypically vehement in voicing her desire that I not buy the one new shirt I saw in the stores (it was yellow and not a Spooner, but I liked it). Make of that what you will. Now, she does typically complain when I buy a Hawaiian shirt, but usually Disney shirts are exempt from her disdain. She says I have too many Hawaiian shirts, which is nonsense, of course -- no such thing as too many!

Scott
Old 06-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #24
javadog71
Earning My Ears

I just started collecting them myself

Kurt, can you let me know the ebay seller?
javadog71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #25
artguy
Earning My Ears

sev0428 has quite a few designs, and is very reasonable price wise. Ships them lightning fast too which is a plus!

These are becoming harder and harder to come by, and it makes wearing them even more special! I am a teacher, and nothing puts a smile on your face faster than a student recognizing a movie/character. BIG grins all around!
artguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #26
mickeysurfs
Earning My Ears

As most people on this thread already know, ebay is a great resource for finding disney related hawaiian shirts. As an FYI, sellers on the site, etsy also have a nice variety.
mickeysurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:37 PM   #27
Jspin
Earning My Ears

Reyn Spooner shirts

Most of the Reyn Spooner Hawaiian shirts can only be purchased at the Pixar or Disney Studios company stores (which are not open to the general public). I did buy the Toy Story 3 shirt at the Park, and got the Bolt shirt on-line from the Disney store. I was recently lucky enough to tour Pixar, and picked up the "Monsters University" shirt. The sales clerk said that they make about 2,000 shirts, however the MU shirt was only made in a quantity of 500. They had many different shirts, some of them discounted. And yes, you can pick the shirts up on eBay (I have bought several shirts on eBay). Your best bet is to make friends with someone who works at Pixar or the Disney Studios! Otherwise you will pay a premium on eBay.
Jspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:06 AM   #28
Davisayan
Earning My Ears

Reyn Spooner Fantasias a flock of flamingos with a yoyo is up for sale on ebay! Thought you guys would like to know
Davisayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:21 AM   #29
Experiment_626
Stealth Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisayan View Post
Reyn Spooner Fantasias a flock of flamingos with a yoyo is up for sale on ebay! Thought you guys would like to know
Yeah, that's one I'd really like to get because the color is so wild and intense. I've never seen it come up in my size, though -- and the Spooner shirts can get crazy expensive.

I did get a couple of new shirts from my lovely wife for Christmas. Both of them are Shag designs, including what has long been my "Holy Grail" -- the Haunted Mansion anniversary shirt! I got the green one. I think she paid almost $300 for it! She also got me one of Shag's orange Enchanted Tiki Room shirts for about half as much.

So, now my new Holy Grail is the one of the multi-colored Reyn Spooner Lilo & Stitch shirts ...

Scott
Old 03-26-2014, 08:24 AM   #30
Experiment_626
Stealth Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspin View Post
I was recently lucky enough to tour Pixar, and picked up the "Monsters University" shirt. The sales clerk said that they make about 2,000 shirts, however the MU shirt was only made in a quantity of 500.
Just curious, but what is the actual sticker price there? Same as in the parks, i.e., around $75?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspin View Post
Your best bet is to make friends with someone who works at Pixar or the Disney Studios!
I can think of many reasons that would be cool -- but considering I have no connections of which I am aware ...

Scott

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: