Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #1
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

Our Fantastic Fantasy Cruise! 11/24/12

11/24/12 to 12/1/12 Fantasy Cruise Trip Report

This was our 22nd cruise on DCL, but the first cruise on The Fantasy. My best description is AWESOME!!!! FANTASTIC!! EXCITING!! FUN!!!
I will warn you this will be a long report but hopefully not too boring. I will try to have more photos than writing.
Saturday we drove to the port which only takes us slightly over an hour.
Seeing how large this ship is was amazing. This cruise it is just me, Kathy and my husband, Greg. Two grandparents enjoying Disney like a couple of kids.

We drove right up to the terminal with no lines around 11:00 a.m. and dropped off our luggage and parked in the lot next to the terminal for a quick exit upon our return. It cost $20 more than the parking garage but we knew we would be tired when we got back and would be happy to have the car so close.
Itís not fair to compare this ship to The Magic and The Wonder, so I will try not to do that too much as each ship is great in its own way. I love them all.
Most of my report will be photos to show the beauty of the ship but I do have 2 comments I want to share. These are NOT complaints but my opinion on 2 things I didnít care for on the ship. But they are minor items which probably nobody else would even notice. These are just my opinion.
When you step out of the bathroom or shower room into your cabin there is a high ridge which is very easy to trip on. They have one small sign saying to watch your step inside the door but I think they need a bright safety strip across the step also. I tripped 3 times before I even noticed the sign. We both tripped multiple times on this but luckily we caught a hold of the door to break our fall. I can see how people could easily get hurt.
The 2nd item is the new system where when you enter your room there is a slot on the wall where you must put your Key Card or a plastic card such as a credit card in a slot to activate the lights and heat / cooling system in your room. Most people use their key card. It is so easy to walk out and leave your key card in that slot, and then youíre locked out if youíre leaving at separate times. We often come and go separately.

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
mom x4,grandma x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: