Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #1081
mrssmith06
DIS Veteran

*whew* just sat and read this entire thread for the 1st time!! SO so sorry about what your ex did to you!! He sounds like a horrible, selfish man!! Please do yourself and that precious baby a big favor and do not ever consider taking him back!!!

Congrats on the baby!! And your dad does sound really awesome!! Very happy for you that you have such a great support system!

Old 12-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #1082
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! Henry sounds like a perfect, precious little dude. He's your new little man! Enjoy him, the first year flies by.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #1083
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

I'm so glad the delivery went splendidly and that you found some time to post an update.

Your dad.... seriously.... he melts my heart!! Henry's a very lucky lad to have such a bursting-with-pride grandpa in his corner.

Your soon-to-be-ex... what a flippin TOOL! Be ever so grateful that he showed you his true colors and gave you enough time (remember way back when - you thought there was NO time before your due date!) to get far, far away from that uber loser. It's sad. It's the ex's ginormous loss. It's Henry's unbelievable luck. Let the ex stay on the other side of the world and far away from your sweet little boy.

As many others have posted - keep rested and enjoy every moment... even when he pees all over you as you're trying to change him.

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:58 PM   #1084
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs

Thanks for another update. So glad you and Henry are doing great. Your dad is amazing!

I think you are doing the right thing by not posting pics or giving out the address. It is wise and smart to protect you and the little one.
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
Old 12-06-2012, 12:23 AM   #1085
MAJPLO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRK0011
Very quick update - he's here!

Baby Henry was born yesterday at 1.11am 8lbs 1oz 20 inches long.

He is perfect - literally perfect! I don't know what else to say about him!
Wonderful news to hear. And right on his due date. How exciting.

Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2011
Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean May 2013
Sapphire Princess California Coastal January 2014
Disney Magic Southern Caribbean September 2014
Old 12-06-2012, 08:23 AM   #1086
Pooh_Friend#1
Check out my year round tan!

Thanks for the update and again congratulations. Your dad is amazing and he will be a great role model for Henry.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:27 AM   #1087
Shmily1
DIS Veteran

OP, loved the latest update! I knew your dad would be crazy with love for your little man, but him getting up in the night to sing to you just proves it. That is precious! You may want to record him doing that sometime so you can play it back years from now when Henry is older.

I am sure in your heart you wanted your ex to want to be a part of Henry's life. In all reality, Henry (and you) are probably better with him not in it. He won't have to wonder when his dad is coming around and when he's not going to be there. With a role model like your dad being there for him, he won't need him anyway!

Enjoy all your new baby kisses. There's nothing sweeter!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #1088
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

Hi OP: I had somehow missed your last update until I saw people quoting it and your DH's completely rude behavior. I wish he was a better person and father for Henry, but you sound like you have it all under control on your own (and with your amazing parents). I just wanted to wish you an incredibly happy, stress-free holiday with your precious boy.
--Henry's Dis Auntie Katy
Old 12-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #1089
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

What a great update (except for the ex-H Part, but I'll get to that ). The baby sounds precious. Your father sounds absolutely adorable!!!!!! I just want to squeeze him he sounds so cute!!!! Your Mom has been a rock....you are so fortunate ot have them, but they are also fotunate to have you and that new baby with them...I am sure they are enjoying every second of it.

Your in-laws...I feel badly for them but I would still tread carefully. While they are, to some extent, victims of their son's horrible behavior, I'd have to be very certain that they weren't going to be doing the "blood is thicker than watr" thing and somehow trying to be turning this situation around to make their son the victim. Right now they aren't speaking to him. That probably won't last forever. I'll tell you though, if he was my son, I have no idea what I'd do if he had made such a monumentally bad choice. I'd be ROYALLY PO'd that his stupid decisions had upended his family, my family, our family and taken my grandchild and beloved daughter-in-law away from me. I'd have scorched the earth around him the day he told me how MONUMENTALLY STUPID he had been.

Your ex-H...stop taking his calls daily. He's trying to worm his way back into your heart because Mommy & Daddy aren't speaking to him, he lost his little on-the-side honey. All he has left is her crazy mother, if she hasn't been warned off. Right now, his life essentially stinks as there is no one worshipping at the altar of him. Or, if you take his calls, report how the baby is doing then hang up. No need to listen to him being concerned about your welfare....that's a joke in itself. He should have been concerned about your welfare by not having an affair with a crazy teenager. Be brief..."Henry is fine, eating & sleeping well, my parents are enjoying him, have a nice day". Done.

Meanwhile, this DIS Auntie is thrilled for you and this new love of your life!
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~
Old 12-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #1090
keenercam
Wishes she were Mickey's girl
Would settle for looking like Tinkerbell instead of Winnie the Pooh

Thank you so much for the update.
Speaking as a parent, I am sure your parents must be so happy to be sharing this time with you and Henry and to be able to support you in such a meaningful way. They sound absolutely wonderful, and I am so glad that you and Henry are in their loving care.
I'm really sorry that the man you'd thought you'd spend the rest of your life with has turned out to be such a disappointment. But it really does seem like he is not the partner you need and want, and he certainly isn't the role model you want in Henry's life. It certainly sounds like Henry won't be lacking for love and devotion. You've captured the hearts of so many here, and you and Henry are now supported in prayer and in good wishes, as well.
God bless you and Henry and your wonderful, generous, loving parents.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #1091
dmdelight
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sWDW4me View Post
I'm so glad the delivery went splendidly and that you found some time to post an update.

Your dad.... seriously.... he melts my heart!! Henry's a very lucky lad to have such a bursting-with-pride grandpa in his corner.

Your soon-to-be-ex... what a flippin TOOL! Be ever so grateful that he showed you his true colors and gave you enough time (remember way back when - you thought there was NO time before your due date!) to get far, far away from that uber loser. It's sad. It's the ex's ginormous loss. It's Henry's unbelievable luck. Let the ex stay on the other side of the world and far away from your sweet little boy.

As many others have posted - keep rested and enjoy every moment... even when he pees all over you as you're trying to change him.
I second all these sentiments.

have a wonderful Christmas with your darling son and your fantastic parents..
Old 12-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #1092
daemom
DIS Veteran

Great update!! All of these people are so nice and full of love and are so caring, but I wouldn't publish your address either. Your parents sound wonderful and I'm glad that they're able to experince this joyful time with you. Enjoy little Henry!!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #1093
punkin
Went through pain just to look like a lopsided Whoopi Goldberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Doll View Post
What a great update (except for the ex-H Part, but I'll get to that ). The baby sounds precious. Your father sounds absolutely adorable!!!!!! I just want to squeeze him he sounds so cute!!!! Your Mom has been a rock....you are so fortunate ot have them, but they are also fotunate to have you and that new baby with them...I am sure they are enjoying every second of it.

Your in-laws...I feel badly for them but I would still tread carefully. While they are, to some extent, victims of their son's horrible behavior, I'd have to be very certain that they weren't going to be doing the "blood is thicker than watr" thing and somehow trying to be turning this situation around to make their son the victim. Right now they aren't speaking to him. That probably won't last forever. I'll tell you though, if he was my son, I have no idea what I'd do if he had made such a monumentally bad choice. I'd be ROYALLY PO'd that his stupid decisions had upended his family, my family, our family and taken my grandchild and beloved daughter-in-law away from me. I'd have scorched the earth around him the day he told me how MONUMENTALLY STUPID he had been.

Your ex-H...stop taking his calls daily. He's trying to worm his way back into your heart because Mommy & Daddy aren't speaking to him, he lost his little on-the-side honey. All he has left is her crazy mother, if she hasn't been warned off. Right now, his life essentially stinks as there is no one worshipping at the altar of him. Or, if you take his calls, report how the baby is doing then hang up. No need to listen to him being concerned about your welfare....that's a joke in itself. He should have been concerned about your welfare by not having an affair with a crazy teenager. Be brief..."Henry is fine, eating & sleeping well, my parents are enjoying him, have a nice day". Done.

Meanwhile, this DIS Auntie is thrilled for you and this new love of your life!
I also feel for the in-laws. From OP's description, they have done nothing wrong here either, but, unfortunately, you never know how they will act in the future. If it was me, I would allow them to see Henry, provided they come to you and do it under your supervision. That will be pretty easy to arrange because you are still nursing and cannot leave him alone with them anyway. Things will get more difficult as Henry gets older because I would be very hesitant to let him out of my sight with ex's parents.

...oh and if it was me, a Disney trip would be out of the question until Henry turns 18. I wouldn't let him set foot in the US until then. Maybe you can take him to France for Disney instead.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:30 AM   #1094
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Thank you for the update. I am so happy that everything is going so well for you. I am still amazed by how well you have handled everything. Henry is lucky to have such a smart mommy.

Your daddy sounds like one proud grandpa! That's so very sweet! I am sure your parents are loving life right about now. I wish you all the very best.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #1095
babyrich
"I was hiding under your porch because I love you"

I am so excited for your update, I talk about you to my DH like you are someone I actually know...

As for your DH... let it go.. not everyone has the father gene.... your son is much better off without him. He will learn about being a man from your dad!!!! I'm so wishing he was my dad too.

You sound like you are doing great. Henry sounds great.... Now you have your reason to move on ........

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: