Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
jelliott04
DIS Veteran

Sharing Credits...What is Disney's reasoning?

Not sure if I worded the title correctly and I'm sure to get flamed.

THIS POST IS ABOUT WHY DISNEY DOES IT THE WAY IT DOES and not about cheating the system. I'd never cheat the mouse!

I'm a little confused about why Disney doesn't allow the sharing of credits. Or some system to buy the exact number of credits that you'll need. In our case, the DDP isn't enough credits and the DxDP has too many. In my mind, the DxDP is $99.97 for 3 TS meals which works out to be $33.32 per adult meal. Why not just ask you how many TS credits you'll need and let you do it that way?

I know you can't share credits but my question is, what would Disney really be loosing if they allowed it? The credits are paid for, so why not use them however you want? What if you want to buy your mom a snack or your uncle his birthday dinner? Sure, they would be loosing Uncle Jim's cash but they'd be gaining it back by the unused credit at the end. It seems like a wash to me. Or are they banking on Uncle Jim's cash AND people not using all their credits?

We've done it with AP discounts, TIW card and the DDPs. I have the spreadsheet to prove that it really is a wash money wise. (if you look at the spreadsheet, note that it is a couple years old)

We like the DDP for the convenience and for the prepaid factor but unfortunately it doesn't fit in with every trip.

Just some thoughts on this Thursday morning.

Jen

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: