Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #61
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyG
I always get funny looks.
DH and I went to WDW for our honeymoon in 2007, then to DLP 2008, then WDW 2010 the DLP 2012 and WDW 2013, people keep asking me if we are "all Disneyed out yet?" I reply "Never!"
I also get asked why we never go anywhere else. Partly because my DH feels uncomfortable in countries where he doesn't know the language and also because there is never enough to do, we are not beachy or cultural people, Disney has everything we need and enjoy on a holiday in one place, we know what we are getting with it and LOVE it.
All Disneyed out....what is this strange idea lol. Never!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #62
Disneynutinlondon
It's been such a blast with all the lurkers and fluffing
I seem to be whitering on in a constant stream of random thoughts
I think I'll just go with the small one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
I'll second AND third that sentiment
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #63
Paula Sedley-Burke

Got abuse only this morning! 'Another vacation at wdw' have you gone mad? So I said 'another vacation away from wdw have you' lol.
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 12-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #64
newlittleminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke

I've only been once so far but I'm about to book my second trip and already planning my third.

I'm also dreaming of a Disneymoon at BLT with my DBF.

I can't imagine ever being all Disneyed out lol

August 2012: Highlands Reserve ~ August 2013: High Grove ~
October 2013: DLRP Hotel Cheyenne
~ October 2014: WDW Art of Animation?

newlittleminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:58 AM   #65
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlittleminnie

I've only been once so far but I'm about to book my second trip and already planning my third.

I'm also dreaming of a Disneymoon at BLT with my DBF.

I can't imagine ever being all Disneyed out lol
I dont think there is such a thing. Well if there is then I dont want to live! I said to DW the moment I say no to a WDW trip send in the men with white coats...

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 12-04-2012, 12:36 AM   #66
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Those comments even happen to us in Australia

I just look at it this way, everyone is responsible for the choices they make so that's their problem.

Hugs.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #67
Old Swan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
Those comments even happen to us in Australia

I just look at it this way, everyone is responsible for the choices they make so that's their problem.

Hugs.
They happen to us here in the Mildands as well

I think some of it comes from jealous eyes. Same folk who may have costed it out via a TA and been put off or who have been in the past and are desperate to go again but can't raise the loot. Seen other threads about how we each afford it. My rule : don't judge anyone or their financial position. You don't have the full picture of what people do to get back there or what it means to them (ie us!) Each to their own and all of that.

Got to say listening to the podcasts, looking forward to the trips, planning, reading everything on here, sitting down as a family and remembering / plotting for the next one etc - it doesn't half help me get through each winter, the long days, a crap daily commute and leaves me with a stupid grin on my ugly mush when the abuse arrives.

Stuff em I say!
2011 - Kissimee - Orange Lake Resort
2013 - Indian Ridge Villa & Royal Pacific Resort
Old Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #68
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Swan

They happen to us here in the Mildands as well

I think some of it comes from jealous eyes. Same folk who may have costed it out via a TA and been put off or who have been in the past and are desperate to go again but can't raise the loot. Seen other threads about how we each afford it. My rule : don't judge anyone or their financial position. You don't have the full picture of what people do to get back there or what it means to them (ie us!) Each to their own and all of that.

Got to say listening to the podcasts, looking forward to the trips, planning, reading everything on here, sitting down as a family and remembering / plotting for the next one etc - it doesn't half help me get through each winter, the long days, a crap daily commute and leaves me with a stupid grin on my ugly mush when the abuse arrives.

Stuff em I say!
Well said gets me through the winter also! What puzzles me about the 'disney bashers' lol is why they comment. i never feel the need to comment negatively on other peoples holiday/vacation plans) to be honest it does not bother me what people do as long as its the right side of the law and it makes them happy! I got my happy :-) maybe I have answered my own question? It bothers them that we are happy and maybe they are not?

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 12-06-2012, 07:02 AM   #69
suzyh
Earning My Ears

I get abuse all the time from neighbours to friends. Me and DBF just laugh it off.

A customer at work yesterday asked me why would I want to keep going and that it must be really boring doing the same thing. That came from a person that goes on the same cruise and cruise ship every year. I just bit my tongue.

suzyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #70
hugsy
Earning My Ears

Hell yes! We're going on our third trip in August and only a handful of people have said how nice it is for us. The rest is "Oh..but you've been there twice before, why are you going again?" and "Why do you guys go there, you don't have children?". Cue much smiling and nodding from me!

My name is Jenny and I'm a Disneyholic

hugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:17 PM   #71
scojos
I want to be Tinkerbell and fly on the wire to start wishes
Thinks Disney studies should be taught in all schools

we got it a few years back when the kids were younger .. this trip no one has batted an eyelid, we ve had an awful year and we deserve some family time, financially its goign to cripple us, but once were there as we have ddp its like doing AI anyway!!
each to their own, i do smoke but we rarely eat out and neither of us drink - i see friends who can drop £200 on a night out and think ooh i could eat with mickey for that!! (and i wouldnt throw up at the end of the night and not remember the next morning. hardly a memory maker is it??
note to self-- find other friends
2010 - 2 weeks SSR free DDP 1 week creekside villa
2013- 2 weeks okw free ddp[/SIZE]
me dh ds1 ds2dd
scojos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #72
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by scojos
we got it a few years back when the kids were younger .. this trip no one has batted an eyelid, we ve had an awful year and we deserve some family time, financially its goign to cripple us, but once were there as we have ddp its like doing AI anyway!!
each to their own, i do smoke but we rarely eat out and neither of us drink - i see friends who can drop £200 on a night out and think ooh i could eat with mickey for that!! (and i wouldnt throw up at the end of the night and not remember the next morning. hardly a memory maker is it??
note to self-- find other friends
Yes I have the same thoughts as I do not drink. The same people that criticise my 'childish holiday' go to europe on all inclusive so they can get completely wasted, not remember half of it, get really ill and not do any excursions anyway. Meantime switch to camera 5 in WDW see me, dw up early bright as a button, laughing joking and able to be in the sun without a hangover, remember and savouring every wonderful moment of it. Yet I do not say a word to them. Their vacation if thats what lights their fire its their money! Just glad they arent acting like that in WDW!

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 12-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #73
Swissdog2010
DDC 677

Quote:
Originally Posted by amacspad View Post
So thankful for this site I can always rely on, just wondered how all other disneyholics go on with anti disney people inc work, family etc, so many seem so negative and always asking why dont we go somewhere else, are you not bored etc, even my own dad upset me with a post on Facebook, I came back of my hols with flu type fever and he wrote 'bet your friends think you deserve it'!!! I have has a very stressful year which I have been ill with, we are not rich but we don't drink or smoke and sacrifice a lot so we can look forward to our holidays, so upsetting and a downer when people act this way!

Debs xx
I suppose I benefit from the attitude that I basically don't care what anyone else thinks about my preferences. If someone doesn't like Disney i simply tell them I'm glad i won't have to worry about them being in line ahead of me. The majority of people know me well enough to know that were they truly abusive they'd receive a response in kind. And since i believe in using a sledge hammer to kill a fly the response wouldn't be very pleasant, so they don't bother. For anyone who wants advice or tips for planning a trip they find the wife and I very helpful so I tend to attract much more of those types then the negative. In the end it's a matter of how much you value what someone else says and in this case it shouldn't be very much since the obviously haven't a clue.
DisDad Member #677 Hooahh!

[1996---Off Property,2004---OKW, 2005---OKW,
2006---OKW/SSR,2007---OKW/SSR 2008---OKW/SSR
2009---SSR/SSR,2010---OKW/SSR,2011---OKW/SSR
2012---OKW/SSR, 2013---OKW/OKW, 2014---SSR/SSR(booked)
Swissdog2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #74
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by amacspad View Post
So thankful for this site I can always rely on, just wondered how all other disneyholics go on with anti disney people inc work, family etc, so many seem so negative and always asking why dont we go somewhere else, are you not bored etc, even my own dad upset me with a post on Facebook, I came back of my hols with flu type fever and he wrote 'bet your friends think you deserve it'!!! I have has a very stressful year which I have been ill with, we are not rich but we don't drink or smoke and sacrifice a lot so we can look forward to our holidays, so upsetting and a downer when people act this way!

Debs xx
We get tons of abuse over our Disney Addiction but my attitude soon shuts them up! The thing that makes me laugh about it the most is that the people who are negative in their views always make the most nonsensical points. For example, my sister and her family go on holiday every year, they been to Turkey, Greece, Spain, the Spanish islands, Egypt, Tunisia in the last 5 years, and they always go all inclusive. We get a lot of the same stuff you describe "aren't you bored of it?" and "why don't you go somewhere else?" and "how can you afford that?".

The truth is, my sister and her family go on the same holiday every year too. The country might be different, the language might be different, but the hotels are almost identical, the experience is almost identical and the climate is almost identical. They sit by the pool (which could be any hotel anywhere in the world), eat all inclusive buffet food (which could be any hotel anywhere in the world) and each year is much like the last. They go all inclusive and for their family of 4 they pay around £3200. Our trip last year was £4600, so slightly more, but we had tickets, dining plan and premium economy flights for that!

Like you, we don't drink very often, we don't go out to pubs and restaurants and we don't smoke. We put all the money we can away for our trip. I don't see why we should have to deal with the nonsense!

Off-Site Disney World Visits '92 - '94 - '96 - '99 - 2000, 2001, 2004
Disney World Stays August 2008 - CBR - February 2012 - SSR - July 2012 - POR - October 2013 - SSR - October 2014 - SSR - 2015 - Moving to the Sunshine State!

Disney Fairytale Wedding Vow Renewal Feb 2012
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: