Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #31
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddythebear View Post
Thank you.

are the parks open generally later at the weekends and shut early on Monday and Tuesdays?
The sun tickets are cheaper for Mondays and Tuesdays and I wondered if this is why.
Or is there no rule its just a case of wait and see?

Freddy
no, the park hours are usually the same Monday through to Friday, and open later on weekends. Mondays and Tuesdays are generally the quieter days in the parks at DLP, so that could be why they are the cheaper ticket prices.
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun, December 14 HNY
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #32
pokerbanter
Mouseketeer

This could be a nice offer !

We are already booked for 16th-21st March 2013.

Now, we are staying in Kyriad on first day without tickets to the park as we are arriving at about 2-3pm on the Saturday 16th. 17th-21st we have disney package at Cheyyenne.

We were planning to just mooch around the village on the first day but this offer means we could get park tickets for the first day for £37.50 for 4 of us. Arrive at 3pm say and as its a Saturday i expect the parks will be open later so £37.50 could be money well spent............ plus its going to be a bit rubbish being so close and yet so far on the first day.

So, questions :

1. £37.50 is still good value isn't it ? Even if it is only for 6 hours or so ?

2. We already have flights booked but going through booking i see it asks for Car Registration etc.... i take it we can still book and then just not use the ferry part of tickets ?

3. If you "pre-book" and pay the money now do you still have to collect all tickets and is your place GUARANTEED ?

4. Anyone done this before ? Are they proper tickets or do you get a voucher or something which you then have to exchange when at the park (this could waste valuable time lol)

5. I'm too excited to think of a 5th question but i'll probably be back !!

Woop Woop not long to go.
pokerbanter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #33
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerbanter View Post
This could be a nice offer !

We are already booked for 16th-21st March 2013.

Now, we are staying in Kyriad on first day without tickets to the park as we are arriving at about 2-3pm on the Saturday 16th. 17th-21st we have disney package at Cheyyenne.

We were planning to just mooch around the village on the first day but this offer means we could get park tickets for the first day for £37.50 for 4 of us. Arrive at 3pm say and as its a Saturday i expect the parks will be open later so £37.50 could be money well spent............ plus its going to be a bit rubbish being so close and yet so far on the first day.

So, questions :

1. £37.50 is still good value isn't it ? Even if it is only for 6 hours or so ?

yes, its great value, its usually around that price for a discounted park ticket for one person

2. We already have flights booked but going through booking i see it asks for Car Registration etc.... i take it we can still book and then just not use the ferry part of tickets ?

yes, I believe you can do this no problem.

3. If you "pre-book" and pay the money now do you still have to collect all tickets and is your place GUARANTEED ?

4. Anyone done this before ? Are they proper tickets or do you get a voucher or something which you then have to exchange when at the park (this could waste valuable time lol)

you get a voucher to exchange for park tickets, and you need your passport to show at the gate so the name on the voucher and the name on the passport match up

5. I'm too excited to think of a 5th question but i'll probably be back !!

Woop Woop not long to go.
I think its definitely worth doing in your situation .
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun, December 14 HNY
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #34
pokerbanter
Mouseketeer

Oh OK then, you have twisted my arm lol

Can't get until Friday though (payday) so hopefully not all sold by then !
pokerbanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #35
RobynPrincess
Looking around

I'm booked just booked 1 day and not going to take ferry. Using tesco club card for euro shuttle and staying in Cheyenne for 2 nights for £64 per night with hotels.com taking my sister and niece for their first taste of Disney :D
RobynPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #36
MickeysFavouriteGirl
DIS Veteran

We priced it up via the sun and it would have worked out more so we booked through Disney instead. We're driving this time for the first ever time, hope its easy!!

MickeysFavouriteGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:50 AM   #37
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Just a reminder - first token out today
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #38
magpie79
Earning My Ears

This is my very first post to this site. Quick question in relation to the Sun deal do you get breakfast. Also if we were to fly and arrive in on the monday would we be able to go into the park the day we arrive
magpie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:17 AM   #39
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

thanks Jill, booked my date and have my lovely brother roped in to collecting tokens bargain

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May *** Disneyland Hotel - November

Upcoming Trips:
2015 Kyriad/Newport - March 2016 Sequoia Lodge - January
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:17 AM   #40
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Got the date I wanted 18th March and at the lowest price £15 for 2 adult tickets for OH and eldest son, me and youngest son can use our free birthday tickets that day

I have a couple of spare tokens if anyone is missing 1 or 2.
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:42 AM   #41
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Got our email on Monday, got our date 21st jan. they were very quick this year sorting it as we posted our tokens last monday

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: