Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 12:52 AM   #1
voleball
Mouseketeer

Grinch Breakfast?

Has anyone done the Grinch Breakfast? Worth price/experience? Our DD8 x 2 like Grinch, but you can also see Grinch in the park for free. Just wondering if the experience of the character breakfast is worth the price for the breakfast and time lost during the morning hours... I tried many times to open the info on Universal website, but it goes to mobile site and I can't open the full site... Which all the links doesn't work for me see any details of it...
voleball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:46 AM   #2
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Try this link:

http://www.universalorlando.com/Even...Grinchmas.aspx
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #3
Susie22
Mouseketeer

I'm having trouble with it too. The link works, but when you go to purchase, it won't let you select a date or add it to your cart. Also, there are very few details here. Is it a buffet? What ages are considered children? Is my 13-year-old a child? What about my two-year-old or my 5-month-old. Do they need tickets at all?
Susie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
tchrchgo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie22 View Post
I'm having trouble with it too. The link works, but when you go to purchase, it won't let you select a date or add it to your cart. Also, there are very few details here. Is it a buffet? What ages are considered children? Is my 13-year-old a child? What about my two-year-old or my 5-month-old. Do they need tickets at all?
Save your money. We went over Xmas and there were only 2-3 families there total. The characters looked hungover and the food was mediocre at best.
tchrchgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #5
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie22 View Post
I think they use the same ages as the theme park admission so under nine is considered a child...but if they are under three, there would be no charge since they didn't pay for a park ticket. So...your 13 yo would be an adult, the two yo would be a child and the mfive month would not have to pay.

I'm fairly certain it's a buffet but it doesn't include a drink so you'd have to pay for that separately. From what I've heard others say about the buffet, it's nothing special but the interaction between the children and the characters is wonderful....nothing special with the food.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #6
mischief32
Mouseketeer

I had the same problem and had to make reservations from on office desk top. I could not access it from my Galaxy Tab or cell phone.
mischief32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #7
backinoz
Mouseketeer

Location: The Land of Oz... The one Downunder, not the one with the Yellow Brick Road

I booked our tickets over the phone - a rather arduous process (& pricey when calling internationally). The reason it takes so long is that you have to buy the tickets, and then you have to make an actual reservation for the time you want. Total process took a bit over 15 minutes. The actual tickets have a reservation time of 8am printed on them (it's the default time), but our actual reservation is for later in the morning - gives us time to do the early entry to WWOHP and see/do what we want, then go have breakfast.

Loving the DISBoards App on my iPhone :-D

DL, on to POFQ, then HRH @ Universal - Dec 2012 - Celebrating DD13 & DD15s Birthdays
Pre-Trip Report

ASMo Dec 2008 & Pop Dec 2008/Jan 2009 DLP Nov 2002 - all 4 of us - Paris in Winter is just magical, but COLD
. . . . . . . . . . .ASMo Nov/Dec 2001 with DH, DD2 & DD4
backinoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:32 AM   #8
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

i received my AP newsletter in the mail today and they have a blurb about ap holders allowed discounts for this breakfast.

if you have the ap, check into the ap private site for the details.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:55 AM   #9
backinoz
Mouseketeer

Location: The Land of Oz... The one Downunder, not the one with the Yellow Brick Road

We won't be getting our AP until arrival and we prepaid the breakfast. I wonder if we can get a credit or refund of the AP discount amount?

DL, on to POFQ, then HRH @ Universal - Dec 2012 - Celebrating DD13 & DD15s Birthdays
Pre-Trip Report

ASMo Dec 2008 & Pop Dec 2008/Jan 2009 DLP Nov 2002 - all 4 of us - Paris in Winter is just magical, but COLD
. . . . . . . . . . .ASMo Nov/Dec 2001 with DH, DD2 & DD4
backinoz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: