DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #16
floribr1
Mouseketeer

We stayed at OKW last December (this exact week, in fact), and fell in love with it! It was also our first stay as DVC owners.

Honestly, we only selected OKW because we needed a Grand Villa, and the points cost for a GV at OKW is rediculously low. We did not have incredibly high expectations, and boy were we over-impressed! I know there are many OKW stays in our future...

Enjoy the rest of your trip!
floribr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #17
cubgirl78
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by floribr1
We stayed at OKW last December (this exact week, in fact), and fell in love with it! It was also our first stay as DVC owners.

Honestly, we only selected OKW because we needed a Grand Villa, and the points cost for a GV at OKW is rediculously low. We did not have incredibly high expectations, and boy were we over-impressed! I know there are many OKW stays in our future...

Enjoy the rest of your trip!
Thanks! We were the same way...and are impressed too! Now I understand why it's Disney's best kept secret We will certainly be back.
Loving the boat to Pleasure Island! DH and I enjoyed Paradiso 37 and a few beers @Raglan Road tonight. Can't complain!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
cubgirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #18
shortkathleen
Mouseketeer

We are staying there in May. What building were you in and did you like the location?

Thanks!

December 2009 SSR

December 2010 SSR/Beach Club
June 2011 Typhoon Lagoon
February 2012 Beach Club Villas
March 2013 Disney Cruise

May/June 2013 AKL/Boardwalk
July 2013 POR/Contemporary (Agent Ed)
January 2014 POR/OKW/Boardwalk (Agent Ed)
July 2014 OKW (Couples Only)
shortkathleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #19
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubgirl78
We checked in yesterday 12-2 into a studio. We are in bldg 21, 2nd floor and are pleasantly surprised with the location. The view isn't awesome from the patio, but we won't be out there much! The resort is really pretty and the room is great. We have always stayed at BWV, so this is a change for us. Loving the parking in front of the room and bigger bathrooms!
Crowds were INSANE at DTD last night! Gorgeous weather though, and who can complain about that Today we woke up and did to EPCOT. Crowds were great, lines not long at all...longest wait at Test Track for 30 min with fast pass.
Tonight we are heading to Olivia's for dinner and drinks. Tomorrow night MVMCP. I'm sure it will be super crowded , but DH and I decided we'd try it.We love MK at night anyway. Have you all done it?? Any tips??
Anyway, OKW is great, and I'm sending you all Pixie dust from Disney!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
After staying at Boardwalk and being able to walk to two parks, how is it staying at a resort where you can't walk to anything? We own at Beach Club and prefer to stay there but I would like to try some of the other DVC resorts eventually but have concerns that it won't be as fun if you can't walk to anything. What are your thoughts?

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #20
tshensley
Earning My Ears

which is the best walking resort?
tshensley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #21
RCharnay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleiada

After staying at Boardwalk and being able to walk to two parks, how is it staying at a resort where you can't walk to anything? We own at Beach Club and prefer to stay there but I would like to try some of the other DVC resorts eventually but have concerns that it won't be as fun if you can't walk to anything. What are your thoughts?
We walk to DTD from OKW each trip and love the proximity. Not a park but...
2008 - Nov - Hilton Head
2008 - December/Jan - OKW
2010-Jan-VWL
2011-Jan-OKW/BWV
2011-Mar-AK SV
2012-Mar & Dec-OKW
2013-Dec-OKW
2014-Jan & Mar & Oct & Dec-OKW
RCharnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #22
Meggysmum
Mouseketeer

We have just returned from OKW and I must say I was disappointed.

We checked in at 8am and left for the parks, at 6pm they were still unable to find us a 1-bed unit. At first they suggested we went and had dinner and came back, errr-no! I wanted to get unpacked and have an early night as we had done several late nights.

Eventually they put is in block 52, seemed nice and quiet but then realised that the buses use the parking area to turn around in so it was noisy until late in the night since the parks were open until 1am! When we went to make up the beds we had one dirty sheet to make up the sofa beds and no blankets or pillows, phone housekeeping. 3 phone calls and 2 hours later we eventually managed to get some linen, by this time it was 11pm! Stagnant pond outside the balcony was not very picturesque but at least we could just about see through the overgrown trees.

We were so far from HH that we ended up taking the car up there if we wanted a snack or a coffee as it would be cold before we got back to the room!

The room itself was absolutely lovely, I thought the decor was perfect, not fussy and twee like SSR, more clean lines and I adored the flooring. The spacious bathrrom with the seperate sink and bath worked well for us too.

I also didnt like the fact that most of the resort is golf course so unlike SSR there aren't nice places to wander around and sit.

Overall our stay was ok but I will stay somewhere else next time!
Meggysmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #23
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meggysmum View Post
We have just returned from OKW and I must say I was disappointed.

We checked in at 8am and left for the parks, at 6pm they were still unable to find us a 1-bed unit. At first they suggested we went and had dinner and came back, errr-no! I wanted to get unpacked and have an early night as we had done several late nights.

Eventually they put is in block 52, seemed nice and quiet but then realised that the buses use the parking area to turn around in so it was noisy until late in the night since the parks were open until 1am! When we went to make up the beds we had one dirty sheet to make up the sofa beds and no blankets or pillows, phone housekeeping. 3 phone calls and 2 hours later we eventually managed to get some linen, by this time it was 11pm! Stagnant pond outside the balcony was not very picturesque but at least we could just about see through the overgrown trees.

We were so far from HH that we ended up taking the car up there if we wanted a snack or a coffee as it would be cold before we got back to the room!

The room itself was absolutely lovely, I thought the decor was perfect, not fussy and twee like SSR, more clean lines and I adored the flooring. The spacious bathrrom with the seperate sink and bath worked well for us too.

I also didnt like the fact that most of the resort is golf course so unlike SSR there aren't nice places to wander around and sit.

Overall our stay was ok but I will stay somewhere else next time!
Interesting perspective...We LOVE building 52! Love that it's so close to the bus stop, and have never had an issue with bus noise at all there. Plus, we love that it's only about a 5-6 minute walk to HH if we don't think we can wait for a bus. Remember that all buses stop at HH last, so any bus will get you there. If you are in a hurry, the walk really isn't as bad as it looks. I know I've done it many times from that area in around 5 minutes. I've actually spent more time walking the long hallways of AKV to get to the lobby than I have walking from South Point to HH at OKW!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:33 AM   #24
Meggysmum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
Interesting perspective...We LOVE building 52! Love that it's so close to the bus stop, and have never had an issue with bus noise at all there. Plus, we love that it's only about a 5-6 minute walk to HH if we don't think we can wait for a bus. Remember that all buses stop at HH last, so any bus will get you there. If you are in a hurry, the walk really isn't as bad as it looks. I know I've done it many times from that area in around 5 minutes. I've actually spent more time walking the long hallways of AKV to get to the lobby than I have walking from South Point to HH at OKW!
I think the weather being cold made the walk less appealing. Hubby and I walked it a few times but I much preferred my walks around SSR when I wanted to refill. I think the bus noise was a problem due to the parks all being open so late over the holidays so there was lots of late night traffic. The noise was fine in the bedroom but was loud for those sleeping in the lounge area.

I dreaded going to SSR in October but I was really impressed with it and will definitely book again whereas I was looking forward to OKW and left disappointed. However it wouldn't do if we all liked the same things or we would all be fighting over the same room!
Old 01-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #25
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

You are right, the resort amenities do determine if you like or dislike a resort! I love to walk and personally we don't do refillable mugs, we use our kitchen fridge and coffee pot and fill it with exactly the brands we like. One of my favorite things to do in the am at OKW is to brew a pot of Gevalia French roast coffee (avail in grocery stores now) and enjoy the first few cups all to myself on the balcony, reading or just enjoying the quiet till the rest of the brood gets up! I fell in love with DVC, OKW, the OKW kitchen, the OKW master bedroom and that lovely balcony and though I enjoy my stays at SSR, BWV and Kidani, I still favor OKW!

And if OKW wasn't for you, then try each and every resort till you find the one you like best!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #26
Meggysmum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEASLYBOO View Post
And if OKW wasn't for you, then try each and every resort till you find the one you like best!
That's what I am trying to do! Unfortunately no trans-atlantic trip for me until 2014 when hopefully we can try AK and BC or BW.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #27
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meggysmum View Post
That's what I am trying to do! Unfortunately no trans-atlantic trip for me until 2014 when hopefully we can try AK and BC or BW.
The airlines prices are through the roof, I can' get a flight home to France that's under $1400 per ticket for this summer! It's insanity!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: