Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #76
VAfamily1998
DIS Veteran

Revolving blades--like on a garbage disposal, lawn mower, etc.

I can't mow my lawn. We hire someone to do it. I'm terrified of the blade. I HATE running my garbage disposal.

OMG that E.R. episode where the guy (Romano?) lost his arm in the helicopter blades?!?!?!?!? Yeah...that sent me over the edge!
VAfamily1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #77
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

I've got a phobia about seaweed; I'm terrified it will reach out and drown me

Not exactly a phobia but I feel uncomfortable with what I call "dead" hangers where there are empty ones in amongst the clothes. I can't handle knowing they're there, hubby will pull a shirt off the hanger and leave the dead hanger hanging. I think he does it on purpose to gross me out I also like hangers (and toilet paper) facing a certain way and I will change it if I see it even if it's in a shop or someone else's toilet
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #78
mrssmith06
DIS Veteran

Not that "unusual", but...Bee's & Spiders!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #79
disneygirl520
Disney: where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.

Stingrays.I don't know why, I don't even like seeing them behind glass. Now my family is going on a cruise and swimming with stingrays in The Grand Cayman Islands. Needless to say I am terrified.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #80
Cherbear013
Bear

Stuffed animal heads! Whenever I have to go into Gander Mountain or Cabela's I almost have an anxiety attack. No idea why but they freak me out!!
March 1996 - Polynesian
March 1999 - Port Orleans
June 2001 - Peabody
August 2007 - Pop Century
June & September 2008 - Pop Century
January 2012 - Disneyland

(Me 27) (DH 32) (5 months)
Old 12-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #81
BrownEyedGrl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
I'm the goddess of irrational fears!

I have a crippling fear of zombies. It's embarrassing. Not slow walking zombies, but those fast runner types. Dawn of the Dead 2004 edition sealed the deal for me.

I start thinking... if zombies attacked right now, what would I do? How would I keep the kids quiet? I couldn't. Then I end up picturing them getting bit and screaming for help, but alas, I'm too late. Then I progress and think that if I got bitten, what if I was the zombie eating them?! And they're all 'why are you doing this mom?!' and crying and wondering why the mom they love and trust is hurting them....

DON'T JUDGE ME
I have the same fear! After I saw Dawn of the Dead I had to sleep with my light on for a while. Haven't been able to watch a zombie movie since.

I read recently that Billy Bob Thorton has a fear of antique furniture and can't be in the same room as any. Found that...interesting? lol
BrownEyedGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #82
mumto3girls
DIS Veteran

Cats. I can look at pictures, but I don't like to see them in person. I really don't want one rubbing up against me, I am shivering and have goose bumps just thinking about it. I don't even like to go into a pet store when they have them in cages for adoption. My kids always want to go look and even though I know they can't get to me....My family knows if they hear me scream I have probably unexpectedly seen a cat. There is one next door that is out a lot. I look for him when I go outside. Sometimes he is kind of lurking around my car or garage and that freaks me out.

I know it is weird. I don't really like my kids touching one either, but I know that is kind of crazy so I let them.

Not a big fan of blood, open wounds. I can deal with them on my kids when I need to, but it really grosses me out. Even them losing teeth is difficult for me. I always hope my husband is around during those times, but he travels quite a bit so sometimes I have to suck it up. I hate the wiggling and the hanging by a thread and then the openness of the hole after it is out. GROSS!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #83
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedGrl View Post
I have the same fear! After I saw Dawn of the Dead I had to sleep with my light on for a while. Haven't been able to watch a zombie movie since.

I read recently that Billy Bob Thorton has a fear of antique furniture and can't be in the same room as any. Found that...interesting? lol
When I let the dog out on a foggy night I think, 'it's quiet... too quiet. Maybe tonight is the night' lmao

My friends are so great - they used that zombie app on their phones to zombify themselves and send it to me ALL the time!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that movie scarred for life!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #84
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
When I let the dog out on a foggy night I think, 'it's quiet... too quiet. Maybe tonight is the night' lmao
We still take ours on a leash and she sometimes needs to go out fairly late at night. DW has come dashing in on more than one occasion when she has heard noises in the bushes, worried it's a coyote or something. A week or so ago, there was a deer down there scraping his antlers on the trees & making all sorts of ruckus. Knowing what it was helped, but she said the sound still creeped her out a bit

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: