Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2012, 06:56 AM   #1
Jo-Anne
DIS Veteran

Kohls Credit Card Question

I have recently received a Kohls credit card as I wanted to be able to take advantage of the extra sales and coupons for credit card holders. I cross border to shop at Kohls about 4 times per year. Is there any way to pay my credit card bill using my TDCanada Trust on-line banking payments? I have a USD account, but am wondering if anyone has been successful in paying their bills online from a Canadian bank directly to Kohls? If not, how do you best pay the bills when you don't live in the States?
Old 04-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #2
tgropp
DIS Veteran

My wife also got this card and they do have some interesting coupons/deals etc. When she makes a purchase and uses her card, she then just goes to credit department and pays it off. Basically, just like paying cash.
Feb 2012: DCL Mexican Riviera Cruise Dec 2011: VWL/BCV
Christmas 2010: VWL
Nov 2009: BC Villas Dec 2008: VWL/AKV/ Dolphin
Dec 2007: BWV/VWL Feb 2007: Dolphin/DCL Eastern cruise/OKW/VWL
Christmas/New Years 2005: WL/Dolphin
Dec 2002: AKL/WL
Christmas/New years 2000: BC/WL Christmas/New Years 1998: WL/BC
Christmas 1996:WL Junior Suite Christmas 1994: WL
Dec 1992:CBR Dec1989, April 1983, Jan 1980: OffSite
tgropp is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2012, 07:46 AM   #3
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

Not sure whether you can pay directly from your TD-USD acct here?
I pay all my U.S credit cards via RBC..but I transfer from my CAD acct to my USD acct here...then transfer from my USD acct here into my USD account in Florida. Then I pay the bill online...

My DD lives in NYC and banks with TD there..I went into a TD here once and asked if I could transfer $$ into her acct and was told no. Whether things have changed? Not sure even if you opended a TD acct stateside you could depost into it? Maybe call your banker and see?
minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #4
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

I've had a Kohls card for about 6 years. You can not pay it online from a Canadian account....even if it is a US dollar one.

When I plan to go over there I take cash and pay for whatever I have just purchased on my Kohls card while I'm still standing at the check out. The only other option you have is to mail them a bank draft....if you go with this option make sure you send it very early. If you are late paying they charge you very hefty fees.

dancin Disney style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

As the others have said, you cannot pay with your Canadian US account, nor your regular Canadian account.

You can pay it with a US account though. We have an RBC US Account that is based in Georgia. It is all done online, and you can set this up to pay your Kohl's bill.

Or, you can pay it right after you make your purchase. We sometimes put extra on our card as well, but some months, like this month, they sent us a cheque, as it was over a certain amount, and by law, they have to do that.

The accounts must originate from US accounts - TD and RBC both have US banks.

Happy shopping, Tiger

Last edited by Tiger926; 05-31-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Tiger926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #6
RCMommy
DIS Veteran

We also have the Kohl's credit card. We charge our purchase using the Kohl's card and then use our Canadian credit card to buy Kohl's gift cards immediately after and then ask the cashier to pay off our Kohl's account using the gift cards. That is actually what the cashier told us to do when she asked us if we wanted to apply. We don't want to carry that much cash around with us so it is nice to use the Kohl's card to get the discounts and then just pay off our own Visa when we get home.

Or if it is a smaller purchase we pay with the cash we have...(bought how often is it a small purchase at Kohl's? )

2012 Xmas Port Orleans French Quarter ~~ 2012 US/IOA & Legoland ~~ 2011 Port Orleans Riverside ~~ 2009 xmas trip POP ~~ 2008 Xmas trip Polynesian-~~ 2008 Carribean Beach ~~ 2006 Windsor Palms ~~ 2005 All Star Sports ~~2000 offsite ~~~ Numerous other trips since 1977...
RCMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #7
piyoxoxo
Earning My Ears

If we are able to pay with gift cards purchased in store, that would be awesome since I live in Canada and would prefer to get my payments settled before I head back home. But the Kohl's website states that only Kohls Care For Kids Gift Cards can be used as payment. Can the fundraising cards be bought in store?
piyoxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:30 AM   #8
tania7424
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMommy View Post
We also have the Kohl's credit card. We charge our purchase using the Kohl's card and then use our Canadian credit card to buy Kohl's gift cards immediately after and then ask the cashier to pay off our Kohl's account using the gift cards. That is actually what the cashier told us to do when she asked us if we wanted to apply. We don't want to carry that much cash around with us so it is nice to use the Kohl's card to get the discounts and then just pay off our own Visa when we get home.

Or if it is a smaller purchase we pay with the cash we have...(bought how often is it a small purchase at Kohl's? )
SMART!!

I just opened an RBC Access account and will be using that to set up online bill pay for my Kohl's account.

tania7424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:54 AM   #9
Jo-Anne
DIS Veteran

Different store, but when I was in US before Christmas in Macy's I was getting a good sale on a new coat I wanted to buy and then they said I could get another 20% off if I opened a Macy's credit card account. I mentioned that I didn't have a US bank account to pay it off and she said that if I just had my Canadian bank debit card, I could use that on the spot to pay it off! So I opened the account and used the Macy's credit card and then pulled out my TDBank debit card and paid off the credit card. Easy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: