Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #16
Bee2u
ImJustBeeNme

It will let me price it, but the reservation won't go through, and when I call they say the system is still down.

My WDW trips: July 1972; Summer 1980; Honeymoon - June 28th - July 2, 1986; Summer 1999; March 2000 (kids sang @ Magical Music Days); Our 25th Anniv. - June 24 - 28th, 2011 WL; Nov. 20 - 24, 2012 POR; 2013: Jan. 2 - 5 WL (My first Solo trip); Jan. 26 - 29 WL; birthday trip: Apr. 5 - 8 BC; June 3 - 8 WL; First trip to DLR July 5 - 7,; Sept. 19 - 22 WL; Nov. 23 - 29 POR; Dec. 6 - 9 CS; 2014: Feb. 1 - 3 Poly; Mar. 8 - 12 AoA; Apr. 3 - 7 POR; June 3 - 10 POR, WL; July 31 - Aug. 3 Disney Dream; Aug. 3 - 5 Poly; Aug. 22 - 24 BW; Sept 12 - 14 WL
Bee2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #17
kellyg403
She changes friends like she changes underwear
NEVER GO INTO THE BOWELS OF HELL aka teenager bedroom WITHOUT TURNING ON THE LIGHTS

Ditto. Lets me get all the way to applying my payment and then won't go through. When you call the number they say system is still down.

I wish I had done this last weekend but I procrastinated because I really was stuck on what to do. Now, I will drive myself crazy until it comes back up

Kelly
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #18
sndral
DIS Veteran

FYI I am here now and it is somewhat down on site, for example, they couldn't print out my total snacks left when I bought some waters w/ my KTTW card tonight the CM explained it was because the system was down. No problem using the card, just not as information on the receipt as usual.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #19
Jokers Girl
Earning My Ears

GGGGGGaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh.....looks like it might be down again folks...just when i was gonna book my trip too!
Jokers Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #20
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokers Girl
GGGGGGaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh.....looks like it might be down again folks...just when i was gonna book my trip too!
Good luck! I managed to book a couple of ADRs online this morning then decided against one that has a CC hold on it. Even the phone lines were down then, all circuits busy message!
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14)
rcraw45425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #21
Tinkerkell007
Mouseketeer

Hey guys, apparently the site is still down and my sister has been trying to call (she has tried several different times) and has waited on hold for anywhere from 30 min-hour without any luck getting through. Her deposit is due tomorrow but she has to work so she can't really call in tomorrow. (She has tried the automated system but it always says she needs to speak with a CS rep). I'm going to try for her but if I can't get through either what do you think DIsney wil do? She got a special rate and does not want to lose it. Do you think that DIsney will still honor her original rates since they are obviously down longer than expected? Thanks in advance, I didn't want to post a whole new thread so I'm sorry if i'm "thread jacking" here.
What would you do?
Old 12-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #22
jlhill4444
Mouseketeer

You should be fine. They don't cancel reservations until around 35-30 day mark. As long as she pays in the next 5-10 days, her reservation will be fine. I am sure many other people are trying to pay for their vacations also, so Disney is aware of the problem.

My family:

Me , DH , DS10 , DD9 and DD3
jlhill4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #23
Tinkerkell007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhill4444 View Post
You should be fine. They don't cancel reservations until around 35-30 day mark. As long as she pays in the next 5-10 days, her reservation will be fine. I am sure many other people are trying to pay for their vacations also, so Disney is aware of the problem.
Thanks!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #24
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhill4444 View Post
They will cancel it if the deposit is not on there which is sounds like is what needs to be made.

Once the deposit is on there, you'll have a grace period until the 30 day mark.

With the deposit, you get a week or so before autocancelling.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:28 AM   #25
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerkell007 View Post
Hey guys, apparently the site is still down and my sister has been trying to call (she has tried several different times) and has waited on hold for anywhere from 30 min-hour without any luck getting through. Her deposit is due tomorrow but she has to work so she can't really call in tomorrow. (She has tried the automated system but it always says she needs to speak with a CS rep). I'm going to try for her but if I can't get through either what do you think DIsney wil do? She got a special rate and does not want to lose it. Do you think that DIsney will still honor her original rates since they are obviously down longer than expected? Thanks in advance, I didn't want to post a whole new thread so I'm sorry if i'm "thread jacking" here.
What would you do?
They will probably honor the price, but since the phone reservation system is available there is a chance they might not. I'd have her keep trying and just holding if she has to to make sure she gets through and keeps that rate.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #26
Tinkerkell007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
They will probably honor the price, but since the phone reservation system is available there is a chance they might not. I'd have her keep trying and just holding if she has to to make sure she gets through and keeps that rate.
ahh I hope she made it. She hasn't let me know if she got through or not. I told her she had the grace period. I sure hope I didn't just ruin the vacation.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #27
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ahh I hope she made it. She hasn't let me know if she got through or not. I told her she had the grace period. I sure hope I didn't just ruin the vacation.
She does have a grace period, but if she was already at the end of it then it would cancel. They won't wait until 30 days out for the deposit though.

If it does cancel hopefully they can just rebook her. I know they honored autocancelled reservations over the past few days with the system outage because the system didn't 'turn off' the cancelling and there was nothing the guests could do. But since it's been back up for a day or 2 I'm not sure what'd they do.

Hopefully she got through and it's all a wash!
Old 12-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #28
Tinkerkell007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
She does have a grace period, but if she was already at the end of it then it would cancel. They won't wait until 30 days out for the deposit though.

If it does cancel hopefully they can just rebook her. I know they honored autocancelled reservations over the past few days with the system outage because the system didn't 'turn off' the cancelling and there was nothing the guests could do. But since it's been back up for a day or 2 I'm not sure what'd they do.

Hopefully she got through and it's all a wash!
Everything is good, she got through! Thanks again for your info.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #29
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Everything is good, she got through! Thanks again for your info.
Yay! Let the planning begin!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: