Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #3256
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrich View Post
But she did live in Fairytale Land, she was born there and her parents put her in the wardrobe to save her.
Maybe Emma has the magic of the wardrobe, transfered to her.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 12-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #3257
burnurcomputer
DIS Veteran

I think that Emma is pure magic. True love is the most powerful of all the magics and can't be created by chant or a potion. So I think that she is magic in its truest and most pure form. Gold respets that, as it is the one magic that he will never own by his hands. She is the unicorn of the story, so to speak. That doesn't mean that the rose that we admire in its beauty doesn't get cut to sit on our table, however! That just makes it fun!

As far as, Mulan and Aurora....hmmmm, my thoughts on this are bit more skewed then most. They both loved the same man. Mulan promised to protect Aurora, even at peril to herself. She is a warrior and holds her word as golden. She is a Ming dynasty fighter and has all the bravery and intent of a true Knight. So, she would keep her word to a fellow soldier and commander. As far as we can guess, he is (ducks from getting beaten on the Dis for forgetting his name!) the Captain that she ends up with.

Aurora tells Mulan they can get him back. I think Mulan has different motives and wants to get him back so she can love him in silence and so Aurora can be happy, but not her responsibilty anymore. His reserection will break the vow she made to protect her in his stead. Either that or they will just have to see who he really loves when faced with both women that have great value, but he sees and loves in different ways. One is his equal and one is his fairy tale princess, with all the weakness and protectiveness that we would expect from a Disney prince.

I do think that Mulan has realized that Aurora has more grit to her then just a pretty face, and respects that as another person, but not necessarly as another woman. She is finding out what he loved about her beyond the princess senario. I mean, they both sacrificed everything for others. Mulan by going to war and Aurora by accepting her fate to protect her kingdom. I don't see it as Mulan and Aurora are going to ride the lady train together, I see it as foes for a heart that time and circumstance have made see the better sides of each other. I don't see them as sisters in arms, but more like common goal seekers.

I think August is hiding from his father becuase of the theft of the money form Emma amd other things that eh did that went against what he was to do as the "Real Boy". He knew his father was healthy and safe during the curse, so its not like he is searching for him now, because he already knows.

I still think Bae is Henry's father and will come back for Emma, but the tension between Rumple and Emma will be a problem. I see him comming back just as Cora is about to be vanquished and giving us more juicy juice to keep our minds spinning
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #3258
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
It wasn't a character they were talking about...it was a secret nickname/codename that he had for everyone. I believe that Henry's nickname for her was Mom. He told her she couldn't handle it yet because she wasn't ready to accept that position in his (or her) life yet. At least that's the way I took that scene.
That, plus....
The storybook thatHenry had did mention the baby of Snow White and the Prince. Emma didn't know at that point that she was that baby.
I think that was the part Henry knew she was not ready for yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl30 View Post
Not sure that is where the writers are going but there is something there! They have major chemistry.

I must be the only one but I think Emma is Emma. She is Snow and Charmings daughter. I dont' think she has another identity. She didn't live in Fairytale land so not sure how she can be a fairytale character.
I agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnurcomputer View Post
I think that Emma is pure magic. True love is the most powerful of all the magics and can't be created by chant or a potion. So I think that she is magic in its truest and most pure form. Gold respets that, as it is the one magic that he will never own by his hands. She is the unicorn of the story, so to speak. That doesn't mean that the rose that we admire in its beauty doesn't get cut to sit on our table, however! That just makes it fun!

As far as, Mulan and Aurora....hmmmm, my thoughts on this are bit more skewed then most. They both loved the same man. Mulan promised to protect Aurora, even at peril to herself. She is a warrior and holds her word as golden. She is a Ming dynasty fighter and has all the bravery and intent of a true Knight. So, she would keep her word to a fellow soldier and commander. As far as we can guess, he is (ducks from getting beaten on the Dis for forgetting his name!) the Captain that she ends up with.

Aurora tells Mulan they can get him back. I think Mulan has different motives and wants to get him back so she can love him in silence and so Aurora can be happy, but not her responsibilty anymore. His reserection will break the vow she made to protect her in his stead. Either that or they will just have to see who he really loves when faced with both women that have great value, but he sees and loves in different ways. One is his equal and one is his fairy tale princess, with all the weakness and protectiveness that we would expect from a Disney prince.

I do think that Mulan has realized that Aurora has more grit to her then just a pretty face, and respects that as another person, but not necessarly as another woman. She is finding out what he loved about her beyond the princess senario. I mean, they both sacrificed everything for others. Mulan by going to war and Aurora by accepting her fate to protect her kingdom. I don't see it as Mulan and Aurora are going to ride the lady train together, I see it as foes for a heart that time and circumstance have made see the better sides of each other. I don't see them as sisters in arms, but more like common goal seekers.

I think August is hiding from his father becuase of the theft of the money form Emma amd other things that eh did that went against what he was to do as the "Real Boy". He knew his father was healthy and safe during the curse, so its not like he is searching for him now, because he already knows.

I still think Bae is Henry's father and will come back for Emma, but the tension between Rumple and Emma will be a problem. I see him comming back just as Cora is about to be vanquished and giving us more juicy juice to keep our minds spinning

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
Old 12-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #3259
Maleficent53
Have fun storming the castle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnurcomputer View Post
I think that Emma is pure magic. True love is the most powerful of all the magics and can't be created by chant or a potion. So I think that she is magic in its truest and most pure form. Gold respets that, as it is the one magic that he will never own by his hands.
Emma owes Gold a debt/favor. Will he ask her for her "magic" as payment - perhaps to help vanquish Cora/Hook?

1979-1983-1988-1989-1992-1993-1995-1996-1997-1998-1999-2000---and at least once every year since!
Old 12-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #3260
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I'm all for them bringing Prince Phillip back. He's super cute LOL. Love him on Pretty Little Liars!

Old 12-20-2012, 09:56 PM   #3261
LKFan
DIS Veteran

They just cast Rose McGowan as "Young Cora."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...mcgowan-405805
Old 01-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #3262
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

New Episode This Weekend

According to TV Guide's website, there is a new episode on Sunday, January 6th. The episode title is "The Cricket Game".

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 01-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #3263
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
According to TV Guide's website, there is a new episode on Sunday, January 6th. The episode title is "The Cricket Game".
AWESOME!! I didn't realize the show was starting again so soon!!

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years

Currently reading: #13 A Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers

Old 01-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #3264
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post
AWESOME!! I didn't realize the show was starting again so soon!!
Neither did I, but I'm glad it is.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 01-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #3265
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Yeah, the Fall/Winter/Holiday break is over, so most shows return to the regular new season this coming week and the sweps should be in February.

There is also a Once Marathon on Saturday night starting at 8pm, don't know what episodes will be shown though.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #3266
Poohbug
Sherlocked

When I heard "marathon", I was thinking of more than three episodes. But they are playing "Broken", "The Crocodile" and "Tallahassee" tonight staring at 8pm eastern.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #3267
palmtreegirl
DIS Veteran

Just started watching this show last month, love it! I'm all caught up thanks to Netflix and a free trial of HuluPLus.

It's quickly become my favorite show!
Old 01-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #3268
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Yeah, the Fall/Winter/Holiday break is over, so most shows return to the regular new season this coming week and the sweps should be in February.
Unfortunately for Fringe, it means series finale. DH and I have been watching that and it's down to the last 3 episodes . We have about 1-2 months to catch up on yet.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #3269
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

I hope season two will be on netflex soon
Old 01-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #3270
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor
I hope season two will be on netflex soon
Not likely until this summer, the finale isn't until May. But, you can watch them on ABC.com

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: