Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #1
mommy2twingles
Mouseketeer

Family of 6 for 2 nights

We are driving to Disney next year and will be arriving early Wednesday morning(3-4 am) and staying only till Thursday when we leave for our Cruise. I am looking for a inexpensive hotel for 6 of us (3 adults 3 kids) near Disney. I have tried to check the board but most of these requests are for week long vacations where a rental house would be best but since ours is only for 2 nights that really won't work. Suggestions on good hotels to stay at?

mommy2twingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Try Buena Vista Suites or Caribe Royale Resort. Both are all suites hotels with 2 beds and a living room area (pullout couch). There is a link to a special rate on the Mousesavers website. Also, on Wednesdays Caribe Royale offers one day only specials. Check their website each Wednesday for the new deal.

To give you an idea on cost, I got a Black Firday deal at Caribe Royale for $118/night during Easter week. I snagged it because I just needed to add one night after our stay at Silver Lake (Friday checkout). The bonus is that Caribe Royale has 2 queen beds in their suites, as well.
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

here the website for the travel agent here on the dis

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resort.htm

plus if you really want close to disney (assuming the cruise is a disney one)

here a hilton that is offsite but it beside CBR and Pop century

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/flo...HHH/index.html

another one also in bonnet creek
http://waldorfastoria3.hilton.com/en...CWA/index.html

now if you want inexpensive say so - there are those too.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
travelcoupons
DIS Veteran

The OP did say inexpensive....I always like the Residence Inn...because they have 2 BEDROOM suites. Not just a two room suite. The Residence Inn LBV has a 2br suite with 1 king bed, 2 queen beds and a sofa bed. I checked rates for a random date and was $169. The nice thing about the 2-bedroom suites is that there is 2 bathrooms and 3 tv's and a kitchen. This is way better than getting two rooms since then you would only have 2 tvs and 2 baths & no kitchen.
Some have suggested suite hotels with just 2 rooms (1 bedroom plus a main room). These only have a single bathroom. Think of all the wasted time waiting for 6 people to get in and out of a single bathroom. If you get a suite, make sure it has 2 bathrooms.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #5
swilshire
DIS Veteran

I was also going to suggest a 2br at Residence Inn. You will pay a high price in most condo type properties for a short stay. You could book multiple rooms in a cheaper hotel, but we usually stay with Residence Inns or Homewood Suites. I don't think Homewood Suites offer two bedroom units. With a large group, just the savings from the free breakfast is significant.

Sheila
swilshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:15 PM   #6
cammie810
Mouseketeer

Try closesttodisney.com. They rent condo's at Windsor Hills and Windsor Palms for 66-85/night with no minimum stay. They are really nice and very close to WDW.
cammie810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #7
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammie810
Try closesttodisney.com. They rent condo's at Windsor Hills and Windsor Palms for 66-85/night with no minimum stay. They are really nice and very close to WDW.
I used them in october. Very nice to work with and we actually ended up with a 3 bedroom unit when we only requested a 2 bedroom
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #8
wesjohnson
Earning My Ears

I suggest you use Vacation Strategy LLC and book the stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. They have awesome prices, the resort is wonderful, and it is close to Disney. We too are a family of six and have stayed at WBC. A two bedroom would be fine because you don't really spend that much time in your room anyway. And it will save cost. You could probably get it for about $100-120/night (and there's no tax of fees). Great place.
wesjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote