Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #286
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why
Fell for it on 17th birthday
Can't travel in old underwear and socks!
Stop eating with food in your mouths!

Marlowe's comments on 3XK:

http://www.wetpaint.com/castle/artic...e=facebook.com
Castle Every morning I bring you a cup of coffee, just so I can see a smile on your face. Because I think you are the most remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating, person I've ever met. And I love you Kate

Castle: Everything Iíve ever done, every choice Iíve ever made, every terrible or wonderful thing thatís ever happened to me, itís all led me to right here, this moment with you.

Beckett: I need you to know that our partnership, our relationship, is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You're an amazing man and I love you with all of my heart. Always.

Beckett: I found the tape. I found it. It's over. Senator Bracken, you are under arrest for conspiracy, fraud and the murder of my mother, Johanna Beckett.

Castle: She's proud of you. Wherever she is, she's proud.
Missy1961 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #287
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Jack Wagner:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Kecks-Ex...l-1056980.aspx
Castle Every morning I bring you a cup of coffee, just so I can see a smile on your face. Because I think you are the most remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating, person I've ever met. And I love you Kate

Castle: Everything Iíve ever done, every choice Iíve ever made, every terrible or wonderful thing thatís ever happened to me, itís all led me to right here, this moment with you.

Beckett: I need you to know that our partnership, our relationship, is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You're an amazing man and I love you with all of my heart. Always.

Beckett: I found the tape. I found it. It's over. Senator Bracken, you are under arrest for conspiracy, fraud and the murder of my mother, Johanna Beckett.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #288
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Just was looking at TV Guide.com. They will be repeating "After The Storm" on Saturday, Dec. 8th at 10 PM. Then on Monday, Dec. 10th they are repeating "Cloudy with a Chance..." so at least we won't be going Castle free for all of December.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #289
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Christmas episode spoilers:

http://tvline.com/2012/11/30/once-up...ield-spoilers/

Old 11-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #290
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy1961 View Post
And they named the character Billy Piper? Are they courting the Whovian fanbase now?

(For those who don't follow Dr. Who, Billie Piper is the actress who played the Doctor's most popular modern companion, Rose Tyler.)

PS: It's good to own the DVD's -- that way I can get a good fix whenever I want.

Last edited by NotUrsula; 11-30-2012 at 02:55 PM.
NotUrsula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #291
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

sneak peek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWQwq...em-uploademail

Old 11-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #292
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

more sneak peeks:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/12/cas...a-sneak_1.html

Old 12-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #293
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

all 3 sneaks together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_ZST...=TLIDsNXoOxJes

Old 12-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #294
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Marlowe on Castle 2013:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/castle-d...p-1057063.aspx

Old 12-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #295
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy1961 View Post
Interesting. Fillion has been quoted several times as saying that the actor he is lobbying for in that role is veteran OLTL soap actor Bob Woods, who was Fillion's mentor when he first started acting professionally.

My personal top choice would be Robert deNiro (who looks a LOT like Fillion and is great at doing the comic spy thing), but I don't think that the show can afford him, LOL. My more realistic choice would be Armand Assante, who is also a soap veteran, and who does take occasional television gigs. (He also looks a bit like Fillion, and he certainly can do the "international man of mystery" thing very well.)

It's a shame that Robert Vaughn is really too old for the part; he would be great in it! (Though I suppose it isn't unreasonable that Martha might have been swept off her feet by a suave and mysterious older man. This is Robert Vaughn in the early 70's, he was about 40 at the time. Vaughn is just about exactly 10 years older than Susan Sullivan):

This is deNiro at that time, at about age 30:
And Assante, also at about age 30 (he is younger than Susan Sullivan by a few years):

BTW, for a look at Fillion's IRL father, see photo here: http://www.wetpaint.com/castle/artic...usewives-photo

Last edited by NotUrsula; 12-04-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #296
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DPbe...em-uploademail

Old 12-04-2012, 12:12 AM   #297
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

The main stories about what Christmas meant to Rick and Kate were laid out pretty obviously in Secret Santa, but the subtext, which I think was VERY important, but which was only mentioned tangentially, is that Castle's over-the-top Christmas traditions are mostly relatively new; he didn't start them until he was an adult and had come into his own in a financial sense.

We know that Martha is not a hugely successful actress except in her own mind; she has had some good parts, but mostly she loses more roles than she gets, and we know that at one point she spent a lot of time traveling in small parts in touring companies and dragging Rick along. Beckett has now gotten a glimpse of Castle's childhood that confirmed that it was sometimes rough in a material sense, with young Rick and his strapped-for-cash single mom Martha making do with celebrating by listening to a (cassette tape?) of the Nutcracker Suite in whatever tiny living space they occupied at the time. How much do you want to bet that he spent a good part of his boyhood sleeping on a fold-out couch?

Also, the soap-watching "nannies" that he was frequently left with were probably more often than not just older ladies who lived down the hall. Maybe Martha was temporarily in funds when she sent him off to boarding school, or maybe he won a scholarship -- either way, not having to have a large enough living space to house an adolescent boy in NYC would have let her live more cheaply. This in part explains why he didn't fit in too well at boarding school if he didn't have as much money as most of his fellow students.

Beckett, OTOH, grew up in a middle-class home with parents who were both lawyers who had steady, albeit not huge, salaries, and until her mother's death, she probably never really went without a conventional celebration of plenty at Christmas. Not so for Castle: while celebrating Christmas in a big way does mean love and joy and magic to him, the "traditional" trappings also mean prosperity. His celebration is the kind of an equivalent of the radishes at Tara -- sort of "as God is my witness I will never skip Christmas!" (Unfortunate rhyme notwithstanding, LOL.)

It will be interesting to see if this information begins to change Kate's mind about how much different they are in terms of background -- I believe that she has been thinking of him as always having had a fair amount of money behind him, which she now knows isn't the case at all.

Last edited by NotUrsula; 11-05-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #298
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Just some quick impressions - haven't had a chance to go back & re-watch.

Overall, I really loved the episode. It was neat that everyone got a nice moment.

First: wow, the art department earned their salaries and more! The loft looked awesome, even that office looked fantastic.

Loved Gates talking about her MIL. Too funny!

Felt bad for Javi. He was feeling his single-ness in that episode, especially when Kev has to tell him that their tradition was going to change. But--loved when he was dancing with Jenny's present, loved when he went to arrest a suspect (the fight with the giant candy canes) and the final scene when he returned the clock.

The title sequence--with the candy cane replacing the pen--was awesome.

I knew Kate was overdoing the "no presents" thing. I wonder if he really did have a present for her, or if he'll make it up later....

Loved Rick telling Kate why he loves Christmas so much.

Loved the scene between Javi & Kev when Kev tells him he & Jenny are going to try for a baby. Kev expressed real life concerns--"I come to work. I watch the news. It seems that the world is falling apart" And Javi's great response: "the world's always falling apart.....but having kids....that's what keeps it together" and the final word: "go home and make a baby". So sweet.

I was a little disappointed when Kate lied to Rick about working....but at least he talked to her and found out why she lied, and she did tell him the truth. That's what they've been doing this season. I can imagine her thinking she could change and celebrate with Rick, but being overwhelmed a bit.

And of course, I loved it that he realized things should change, and was going to her, and that she came to the same conclusion & went to him. And then the sweet kiss by the tree & the "Merry Christmas"...perfect.

So no new episodes until Jan. 7th. I'll be re-watching "After The Storm" Saturday night even though I've seen it about 100 times already!

Old 12-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #299
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

I don't know -- I thought that "Go home and make a baby, bro" was a bit off. (But then, it ALWAYS bothers me when people talk about "trying" in this context -- IMO that process is too intimate a subject to discuss with anyone but your spouse.)

I'm personally not a fan of super-busy holiday decor; and I thought that the loft looked rather like the staging area for the Macy's Parade threw up all over it. At least it appeared that they only put the decorations up a few days prior to Christmas -- there was barely room to move in there, and living with it for a month or more could make a person crazy.

Overall I did like the episode and as I said in my previous post, I think that there is precedent there to bring out more of Rick's history, which has been lacking up to now. His life has been painted with a broad brush, but it's the details that explain who he really is.

I'm looking forward to "Significant Others"; the promo looks like there will be a lot of dumping on poor Rick. I have a suspicion that Meredith is going to be up to some mischief while she is there, and since we know that Rick won't tell Kate what really happened when M left him, I rather hope that Martha goes postal on Meredith somewhere where Kate will overhear them. I am also guessing that Castle has been financially supporting Meredith very generously since their breakup, which is something that Kate would find repellent for all kinds of reasons, not all of them having to do with her jealousy. (Speaking of which, the roiling jealousy is annoying now. It was kind of cute when she had no real claim on him, but now that they have been lovers for over 6 months you would think that she would dial it down.)

PS: Speaking of After the Storm, what's your opinion? Did Smith fake his death? (The assassin had just died when it happened and would have had no way to let his handler know that Smith had been found alive and taken to the hospital. All of the cops directly involved were also already dead. So if he didn't fake it, who killed him?)

Last edited by NotUrsula; 12-05-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #300
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

I see I have a lot of catching up to do!!

...........................bored much?
snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: