Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #1
PirateFish989
Searching for the right shoe that will lead me to my Prince Charming

I have googled this and have come up with conflicting answers and answers from a couple years ago.

My question is, what time so the ticket booths open on an MM day? We will be arriving late-ish Friday night, staying at the Paradise Pier, going to Magic Morning at Disneyland on Saturday at 7:00 (getting in line by 6:45). I have an annual pass but the rest of the group have yet to buy tickets. If the ticket booths open at 7:00 when we are allowed in the park, we want to make sure they buy their tickets before that morning so we don't waste precious Magic Morning time waiting in the ticket line.

And a related question: do the Disney hotels sell tickets?

Last edited by PirateFish989; 12-05-2012 at 04:51 PM.
PirateFish989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
luulu1999
DIS Veteran

Im a Disney New comer and never have been but I am getting my tickets the night before we go...we have vouchers so I don't know if that is a different ordeal but we will be arriving at 5 or 6 in the evening and I was told I would be able to get our tickets at the ticket booth then and as long as I do not go in the are not activated

Christmas 2012-1st Disneyland trip-hopefully many more to come

luulu1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #3
bcla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luulu1999 View Post
Im a Disney New comer and never have been but I am getting my tickets the night before we go...we have vouchers so I don't know if that is a different ordeal but we will be arriving at 5 or 6 in the evening and I was told I would be able to get our tickets at the ticket booth then and as long as I do not go in the are not activated
Print at home?

If that's it, you bring your voucher pages with you to the gate and they scan the bar code of each one. Then they spit out a credit card sized piece of cardboard with a ticket number, a bar code, and the type of ticket. There might be a place to print your name, although I understand that some tickets have been machine printed with the name of the ticketholder.

As for the hotels, I would think they would sell tickets. If you've got a package, a lot of the hotels actually hold your tickets at the front desk and hand them over when you check in. I don't know if the Disneyland Hotel sells tickets, but I do remember that there was a Disneyland ticket seller (it was actually a podium) at the Hilton Anaheim. That one was right next to an Enterprise Car Rental podium. Why not call and ask?
bcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateFish989 View Post
I have googled this and have come up with conflicting answers and answers from a couple years ago.

My question is, what time so the ticket booths open on an MM day? We will be arriving late-ish Friday night, staying at the Paradise Pier, going to Magic Morning at Disneyland on Saturday at 7:00 (getting in line by 6:45). I have an annual pass but the rest of the group have yet to buy tickets. If the ticket booths open at 7:00 when we are allowed in the park, we want to make sure they buy their tickets before that morning so we don't waste precious Magic Morning time waiting in the ticket line.

Well the ticket booths won't open until guests are allowed into the esplanade, which can vary greatly day to day. Normally the security tables open sometime between 6:30-6:45am, but some days they haven't opened until later. I believe that once the security tables open they begin selling tickets. But you really want to already be in line at that time, not in the ticket booth line.

Best bet is to buy your tickets online ahead of time and go straight to the turnstiles. If you are buying a three day parkhopper or more, you want to buy online anyway. They have promotional rates right now at disneyland.com and those prices are not available at the ticket booths.

You can also buy tickets the night before. Usually a few booths are open until closing time. I believe you can also purchase tickets at the hotels, but I have never done this myself. But neither of those places will have the promo pricing I mentioned.
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
bcla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchOwl View Post
Best bet is to buy your tickets online ahead of time and go straight to the turnstiles. If you are buying a three day parkhopper or more, you want to buy online anyway. They have promotional rates right now at disneyland.com and those prices are not available at the ticket booths.
That pricing is only for January 7 - March 11 visits.
bcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #6
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcla View Post
That pricing is only for January 7 - March 11 visits.
You are right, I didn't pay attention to when the OP was visiting. Sorry! Still a good idea to buy tickets ahead of time if possible. Saves a lot of trouble.
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #7
junmatno
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateFish989

You are staying AT a resort hotel. Didn't it cross your mind or anyone else's in here that they sell tix? I've seen it mentioned that people have done so when staying at PPH, DL AND GCH. So even if one doesn't, walk to another.
junmatno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #8
PirateFish989
Searching for the right shoe that will lead me to my Prince Charming

Quote:
Originally Posted by junmatno

You are staying AT a resort hotel. Didn't it cross your mind or anyone else's in here that they sell tix? I've seen it mentioned that people have done so when staying at PPH, DL AND GCH. So even if one doesn't, walk to another.
Yes, we are staying AT the Paradise Pier which is why I originally asked if the hotels sell tickets. The last time I stayed at a resort hotel was 5+ years ago and, having already had my ticket, didn't pay attention to if the hotel had tickets available to purchase.

Since I have an annual pass and don't need to purchase a ticket for myself, I was trying to figure out all my group's options for buying tickets. I'd hate to assume that the hotel sells tickets or the ticket booths are open late and then find out when we get there that we can't get tickets until the morning, possibly using MM time to buy tickets. The rest of my group has decided to buy their tickets online to make things that much easier when we get there.

I appreciate everyone's input and responses
PirateFish989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #9
ado121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by junmatno View Post
wow. saracastic much?
ado121 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #10
ado121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateFish989 View Post

excellent question as i have a voucher person travelling with me so i was wondering the same thing as i have to redeem her voucher before the opening hours on sunday.
ado121 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #11
luulu1999
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ado121 View Post
excellent question as i have a voucher person travelling with me so i was wondering the same thing as i have to redeem her voucher before the opening hours on sunday.
If Im understanding correctly his people do not even have vouchers...that is what we have is the vouchers and we are going to a ticket booth the evening before to get our actual tickets to save time the next morning!!

Christmas 2012-1st Disneyland trip-hopefully many more to come

luulu1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:22 AM   #12
Love Tink
DIS Veteran

My husband and I stayed at Paradise Pier in November 2011.

We purchased our tickets when we checked into the hotel.

So...unless they have changed policies (which I don't expect), your group can buy tickets when you check in, no problem. Hope this helps!
Love Tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: