Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #11
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
More great pictures inside GMR! They turned out really good. I enjoy seeing that attraction every few trips, although I wish they could get rid of the alien scene. I hate that. Yuck!
Haha the alien scene is creepy! I tried to take pictures of that, they did not turn out that well. None of my pictures from the earlier scenes of Indiana Jones or that area turned out well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Oh my gosh, I LOVE Wreck-it Ralph! I've seen the movie more than once hahah, I just love it! I would love to meet them!!!
I just noticed your little icon with them! They are so cute. I hope they are there next time you are there so you can meet them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
We loved Wreck-it Ralph !!! I hope Ralph and Vanellope are there in January so we can see them !!
I am sure they will be. They normally keep that area up a long time. Did you not have time to see them on your Thanksgiving trip?
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Wow!! So many wonderful updates! Seems like I've seen those chicken nuggets and the eclair before! Honestly, the buffalo chicken nuggets look so good.

You take such awesome photos - especially from the Great Movie ride. I may have 1 in 12 photos that are halfway decent from that ride but then again, I have not clue how to change a setting on my Nikon camera so what do I expect?

You and Emily look lovely in all your photos. You two are very photogenic.

bummer about your feet hurting... hope it didn't bother you too much for the rest of the trip. I know you had bought new shoes for the trip - which I love the pink by the way! At least you are not silly like me and try to walk around Epcot for 8 hours in flip flops - no bueno!

Happy birthday to Walt! Thanks for the reminder.
My feet did bother me for the rest of the trip! Shoes didn't help. I think I need some insoles or something from a podiatrist. Emily is photogenic, not me!! I am glad some of my photos turned out good. It was hard to do and I used my auto settings on my camera a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I, too, love One Man's Dream! It's such a great exhibit!
It is great! It is an awesome little walk through!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
All caught up! Thanks for giving me the info about the veggie burger - sounds delicious! I'm sorry that you didn't get to do the animation studio - that is one of my favourite things to do when I'm there. Hopefully next time.
I know I was sad I did not get to do that. I will be there again though someday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
didnt realize you had this going on.

saw you guys talking about this, there is usually at least one of these on the plans, they have a shelf/table that folds out of the wall on the side, then goes across and makes a complete closed in area.

i figured a picture would be better to describe it, the baby lays down there, and the adult stands in the open area, think the area that doesnt have the toilet is open the closed off area is above the toilet.

im sure my son loved me taking this picture while the plan is moving around 5 miles up, but he was little so i win.

took me awhile but finally found this picture for you.

we had the same issue, we actually called maintenance, and the guy came and said that 68 is the lowest it goes because of trying to be energy smart etc.
he did however move the grates, or the way the air came out, he said most are pointed toward the wall but he turned them into the room and that helped a ton, we didnt have an issue after that.

as far as the pillows i get what you are saying, i find that in alot of hotels now the pillows are really small..here is what you do.

take the pillow out and put it back in the pillow case by turning it 90 degrees, then take another pillow out of the case and do the same thing, you can fit two of those little dinky size pillows in one case and make a giant pillow about 1 and a half times bigger than a normal pillow.

we have met him personally on our last three trips, each time we buy something and have him sign it, he has signed a first visit one for each kid...and made others out to our family.

we have two shots of the castle christmas and normal fireworks, each of the other parks major icons.

and the walt disney train at the MK station.

you can order right from his website as well and see when he will be there again.
Hi! I am glad you stopped by! Cool pic of the changing table in the plane. I didn't know they had that. In that case the woman should have went to the bathroom. Haha, oh well. Good tip on the pillows! I will have to try that next time.

That is cool that you have all those signed photos from him. They were really pretty. I will have to see if I can buy one on his website or in a store next time. I wanted one of the castle, either plain or in the christmas lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Aww, what a perfect update for Walt's birthday! One Man's Dream is so incredible. Good point though, as of tomorrow, nobody will care nearly as much about that model as they will the real thing!
I know, now they need to replace it with the future expansion plans of Hollywood Studios! I don't know if that will actually happen, but I hope it does. Hollywood Studios does need an overhaul in that back area.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: