Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
HollyL
Mouseketeer

What rides do your kids insist on going on multiple times that you are so sick of?

Ugh....my son (age 4.5) LOVES the Submarine ride. It's cute the first time, but after that, it's painful. We were there last week, and luckily the lines weren't too long. I think we went on it 4 times total, and once it was only 5 minutes, once it was 10, once it was 15, and once it was about 20. My husband and I were fighting over who would stay with our daughter who was sleeping in the stroller!

I would much rather ride Pirates or Alice in Wonderland multiple times.

He also really loved the Buzz Lightyear ride, which I don't mind, it's pretty fun, even a few times in a row, and that was pretty much a zero wait time ride.
HollyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #2
HollyL
Mouseketeer

Oh, and on a trip a few years ago, my nephew (3 at the time) decided he wanted to ride the teacups 5 times in a row. I didn't mind doing it twice, but after that, no thanks. Glad he wasn't my kid. I guess that is the ONE drawback of visiting the parks when the wait times are pretty non-existant.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #3
danaesacto
DIS Veteran

The year we went when my youngest was 3 we went in February, and there was a light drizzle. There was no one around most of the morning- we rode Winnie the Pooh over 10 times in a row before I was able to convince her we needed to see something else!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
HollyL
Mouseketeer

That reminds me of the year (about 20 years ago) my Mom, sister, and I went and it was raining pretty heavily and my MOM insisted that we keep riding Splash Mountain over and over. I think we were in that log for a good hour before we moved on to something else. It was still kind of a new ride at the time, and her reasoning was that we were already getting wet from the rain, so why not? Back in those days, that line was usually a 2 hour wait during the busy time of year (before California Adventure existed).

It ended up raining so bad that day, they closed the park at 4pm and gave us vouchers to come back free on another day. Score!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #5
Bossy22
Mouseketeer

In August we took my DD2 to the park for six days. During that time we rode some rides every day but Small world we managed to ride at least 20 times. Still have the song in my head!!!
Bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #6
coaches24
DIS Veteran

2 years ago DD (2 at the time) had to ride the King Arthurs carousel over and over. We couldnt go through FL without stopping and riding it. Winnie the pooh was the other one she rode countless times. Everytime DW and I wanted to ride Splash or Indy the other had to take DD to Pooh until it was our turn to ride the big ride.

Last trip DD fell in love with HM. So that replaced Pooh as the main ride. And we were safe to walk through FL because she wasnt fascinated with the Carousel anymore. She rode it a couple times but not like the first trip.

And POC has been a favorite of hers since day one. It was the first ride she ever went on at DL and she loves it just like I do. I think I make DD and DW get tired of that one as I always want to ride it.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #7
mrswh
DIS Veteran

Goofy's Sky School. OK, once is fine. Twice I can deal with. But that's my limit, before I turn green.

My kids would also spend ALL DAY at the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail if I let them. I think it's a great respite from the crowds, and I'm all for nature and imaginative play, but after an hour I get kind of tired of chasing them around!
mrswh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #8
HollyL
Mouseketeer

Wow....I do love Small World, but could probably only handle it once a day, maybe twice a day during the holidays. I always have a fear about getting stuck on that one. Hasn't happened yet.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #9
ChrisSD
Mouseketeer

Ariel
Winnie the Pooh
Small World
Dumbo

I'd rather off myself.
ChrisSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #10
HollyL
Mouseketeer

This last trip we stayed on the carousel in DCA for about 5 rotations. I didn't mind because it meant I didn't have to hold my squirmy 18 month old. It was tough with her because she hated waiting in line and would squirm and cry, and she would be all happy while on the ride, and then throw a fit again when we had to get off of the ride, so the 15 minutes we stayed on the carousel was almost like a break!

We probably would have stayed on Buzz several times in a row if the CM didn't make us get off. There was NOBODY in line, and they wouldn't let us stay on. Other rides, they will let you stay on, so I really didn't understand the logic on that one. That ride is fun, so I would have happily stayed on multiple times.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #11
HollyL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSD View Post
Ariel
Winnie the Pooh
Small World
Dumbo

I'd rather off myself.
ha ha ha! Only had to do all of the above rides once in a row. Although we were able to skip Dumbo. Our son was more into the rockets.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #12
mrswh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyL View Post
Wow....I do love Small World, but could probably only handle it once a day, maybe twice a day during the holidays. I always have a fear about getting stuck on that one. Hasn't happened yet.
Been there, done that. Thankfully, they did eventually turn off the music, but not before it was solidly stuck in my head.
mrswh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #13
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

I am lucky in the fact that I can usually talk my DD out of the repeat rides. After one or two times, she will reluctantly go on to something else. Now that does not mean she is not going to ask the rest of the day when we can ride Small World again or see the Disney Jr. show again. She will also do this with Star Tours and BTMRR too.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #14
mouseymommy
I love the smell of Pirates

While my DS's and one adult ride Splash, the other adult takes our DD on Pooh. Over.And over.And over. Seriously, they knew my DD's name by the end of the first night.

I have also asked to stay on Buzz when there is no line, but they said no. He said something about counting riders.
mouseymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:03 PM   #15
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

DD has loved Casey Jr Circus Train for a few years now. Its a cute ride and all but I hate waiting in line for it! I could live without it.

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: