DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #3121
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH

Hello OKW lovers. I will be staying there in May for my 1st time.(new owner) When I look at my resv online it shows near HH but I also requested a dedicated 2br villa. Not really seeing that. Should I call them back and have them add? Sounds like there's a spot online I could add this but just not seeing it. Thanks for your help. Hope to be getting to know many of you over the next 30 years

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Poly 87 GF 88 CR 90 CBR 91-06-10
Disney Inn 93 ASM 95-96-02 CS 98
POFQ 97 DIXIE Landing 00 POR 07-08 WL-11
DL-Honeymoon-77 03 OKW -13 BLT-13 BWV-13
Trips planned 2015 WDW 2016 Aulani 2017 WDW XMAS
Old 12-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #3122
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDERNESS FAN 55 View Post
Hello OKW lovers. I will be staying there in May for my 1st time.(new owner) When I look at my resv online it shows near HH but I also requested a dedicated 2br villa. Not really seeing that. Should I call them back and have them add?
1st congrats on your new ownership! Home! OKW is not only my home resort but my favorate of all of the DVC's. And, OKW is possibly the only DVC, except maybe HH where the studio part, the 2nd bedroom always has two queen beds, thus not needing the differentiation as other resorts between dedicated and a queen bed/sofa bed as their studio!

Enjoy!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #3123
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEASLYBOO View Post
1st congrats on your new ownership! Home! OKW is not only my home resort but my favorate of all of the DVC's. And, OKW is possibly the only DVC, except maybe HH where the studio part, the 2nd bedroom always has two queen beds, thus not needing the differentiation as other resorts between dedicated and a queen bed/sofa bed as their studio!

Enjoy!
OHHH GOTCHA. Thanks for the quick reply and warm welcome !!

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Poly 87 GF 88 CR 90 CBR 91-06-10
Disney Inn 93 ASM 95-96-02 CS 98
POFQ 97 DIXIE Landing 00 POR 07-08 WL-11
DL-Honeymoon-77 03 OKW -13 BLT-13 BWV-13
Trips planned 2015 WDW 2016 Aulani 2017 WDW XMAS
Old 12-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #3124
DisneyFreaks
Don't get me started about those darn busses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc at last ! View Post
I agree with the online check-in requests - means nothing. It always works best to talk with a CM at the desk to get the area you want.
Enjoy your vaca and keep us posted.
Are you going to the DVC Meeting on December 13th ?
We didn't do online check-in but DH requested a water view when he booked with MS. Then I remembered I had seen a picture of the view from building 43 and wished I had remembered to mention that. I was thrilled when the CM at check in said we were in building 43. I knew exactly what our view was going to be and it sure met my expectations. Gorgeous! Our only other stay at OKW was in building 45 with that canal view. Fell in love with it.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #3125
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

We were in a two bedroom in bldg 13, top floor...PERFECT in every way
Old 12-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #3126
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
We were in a two bedroom in bldg 13, top floor...PERFECT in every way
It's a climb if you're bringing in luggage, water and groceries, but the views are the best!

Old 12-04-2012, 10:21 PM   #3127
ffcheff
Mouseketeer

We just came back from a long weekend at OKW and it was great!. Near HH request is a good idea if going with small children. Resort is beautiful.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #3128
tb1972
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcheff
We just came back from a long weekend at OKW and it was great!. Near HH request is a good idea if going with small children. Resort is beautiful.
Glad you had a nice trip!

Which bldg were you in? We have HH studio booked for our next visit and I was unsure what bldg (if any special) to request.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:00 AM   #3129
Goofy4Pooh
Earning My Ears

New to this thread but not to OKW! DH and I own in VGC, which we love, but living in S Florida most of our trips are to WDW and we are addicted to OKW! We will be back again in four days to enjoy some Disney Holiday Magic!! Plan on stolling through MK, going to the CP and DVC Merry Mixer, and hope to make the DVC meeting on the 13th. We love to take the monorail around to GF, Contemporary and Polynesian to see all the special Holiday decorations and always catch a ferry from MK to roam around WL but OKW is our home away from home. So beautiful and relaxing.

1981 Honeymoon at WDW
1991 First trip back with DH, DS (9), DD (3)
1992 ~ 2010 60+ trips to WDW
Have stayed at Disney Village Resort (which became The Disney Institute and is now Saratoga Springs Resort) The Contemporary, Dixie Landings (which is now Port Orleans Riverside), Caribbean Beach, All Star Music, Movies & Sports, Pop Century, and The Wilderness Lodge
May 2010 became DVC Member (Home base is DGC) and have stayed at SSR, VWL, AKV, and OKW. Sept 2011~ 30th Anniv at DGC Disneyland!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:16 AM   #3130
Candy Orlando
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy4Pooh
New to this thread but not to OKW! DH and I own in VGC, which we love, but living in S Florida most of our trips are to WDW and we are addicted to OKW! We will be back again in four days to enjoy some Disney Holiday Magic!! Plan on stolling through MK, going to the CP and DVC Merry Mixer, and hope to make the DVC meeting on the 13th. We love to take the monorail around to GF, Contemporary and Polynesian to see all the special Holiday decorations and always catch a ferry from MK to roam around WL but OKW is our home away from home. So beautiful and relaxing.
We own OKW and love it too! It is our home. It has the most beautiful palm trees. We also go to the other resorts to see the Christmas decorations. Enjoy!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #3131
ffcheff
Mouseketeer

We were in building 14 right across the road from the HH.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #3132
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

I thought I'd ask here about OKW, since the lovers seem to know a lot about the place. We've always been deluxe resort fans and have stayed at BCV three times, and loved it. But now times have changed, kids have gotten married and we have become grandparents. The days of paying for big family vacations are over. Our one daughter is a teacher and can only go to WDW during the busier, more expensive seasons. But we still like to travel with the family, although now they have to pay their own way. So we were looking at OKW as a good alternative. We would get a 2br villa because it would have the space for DD and family, plus my sisters if they want to join us and sleep in the living room, and the price isn't too bad.

This resort would be a huge change from the BC and BCV, where we can walk into 2 parks, and the MK area resorts. I'm wondering if we would love OKW for the more relaxed atmosphere or miss the convenience of being close to the parks.

Anyone have any thoughts? Has anyone else moved from deluxe hotels to OKW and really liked the change? What are the pros and cons, besides cost?

Thanks.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 12-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #3133
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
This resort would be a huge change from the BC and BCV, where we can walk into 2 parks, and the MK area resorts. I'm wondering if we would love OKW for the more relaxed atmosphere or miss the convenience of being close to the parks.

Well, that only you can really answer! As for me, I prefer being away from the parks and I prefer OKW's proximity to Downtown Disney, which we go to frequently. As a DVC member for 12 years, gone are the commando days, the resort and the local amenities have actually gained importance over the parks and that goes for the kids as well. We find OKW bus system to be a fine and efficient way to get to the parks. What's important to you may be different depending on how often you've frequented WDW!

Anyone have any thoughts? Has anyone else moved from deluxe hotels to OKW OKW is a deluxe resort just like BCV, BWV, WLV etc. ! and really liked the change?

What are the pros and cons, Pros of OKW - Lush landscaping, tropical setting, park right in front of the villa, boat to and from DTD, by the golf course, bigger living space (as it was the 1st DVC), we also love Olivia's! I don't have any cons!besides cost?Thanks.
I enjoy BWV and AKV from time to time but the long hotel/inn hallways can be a bit of a pain, I still have always preferred OKW! BCV never did anything for me, neither did WLV. Will you miss BCV, it really depends on what type of atmosphere you like to vacation in and if close access to the parks is the most important perk for you.

Last edited by BEASLYBOO; 12-05-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #3134
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Quote:
I thought I'd ask here about OKW, since the lovers seem to know a lot about the place. We've always been deluxe resort fans and have stayed at BCV three times, and loved it. But now times have changed, kids have gotten married and we have become grandparents. The days of paying for big family vacations are over. Our one daughter is a teacher and can only go to WDW during the busier, more expensive seasons. But we still like to travel with the family, although now they have to pay their own way. So we were looking at OKW as a good alternative. We would get a 2br villa because it would have the space for DD and family, plus my sisters if they want to join us and sleep in the living room, and the price isn't too bad.

Anyone have any thoughts? Has anyone else moved from deluxe hotels to OKW and really liked the change? What are the pros and cons, besides cost?

Thanks.
Well said Beasly, I agree. First of OKW is a deluxe resort with all the bells and whistles of the others....in fact I find it better, after all it was the 1st DVC. Love the tennis courts, basketball, shuffle board, playgrounds, table tennis, 4 pools, volleyball, bike rentals, and the boat shuttle to down town. I have never had to wait more than 15 minutes for a bus to get to where we want to go, and as for the walk to the park convenience, a walk around the golf course will cure that need to walk. The buses are just fine.

There is nothing better than after walking the parks all day than sitting on the porch and watching the golfers tee off while drinking an afternoon cocktail. Also, the wild life is fabulous...we have seen birds, ducks, otters, and other water creatures from our room.

And as an added bonus, the rooms are far larger and feel so spacious that the kids can sprawl out on the floor and play a game while you adults sit by the table and play cards and no one is in each others' way.

If there is a con at OKW it would be building 29 on the end....road noise and no pretty view. But that can be easily avoided.

Hope that helps rest your mind!!!

Love OKW!!!!!

cheryl
Old 12-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #3135
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
....Anyone have any thoughts? Has anyone else moved from deluxe hotels to OKW and really liked the change? What are the pros and cons, besides cost?

Thanks.
There is no comparison. OKW is much better than the regular old deluxe resorts. OKW is just like staying at home, only better.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: