Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #136
jekajekalynn
A Barbie girl in a Bratz world
"Mommy tooted in the toilet! It was Loooooouuuud!!"
We Girls can do anything, right Barbie??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
I didn't have to guess. I went to bbb.org and checked the review of VS. Once I understood how little regard the OP had for posting facts I knew all I needed to know.

^This... A little research goes a long way :D

[IMG][/IMG]
jekajekalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:32 PM   #137
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattanman View Post
I'm fine with revising my opinion when new evidence is presented, I'm not in its absence.
But you ignored the evidence Lewisc presented, and the fact that the OP clearly did not understand how TS rentals work, or the fact that the OP repeatedly made false statements about money (factually false, even though they likely expressed her emotional beliefs at the time). And you thought it was reasonable to accuse company of a crime if someone feels they have been wronged (or I assume that's what you meant when you said you'd do it yourself); others recognize that a company often represents people with feelings, and that it's just as wrong to falsely accuse a company of a crime as it is to accuse another person. That, in my opinion, was the basis of the disagreement; different world views, not the facts available.

If many people are this willing to always assume it is the company that is at fault when there are unsubstantiated and confusing accusations on the Internet, I am afraid that Rick Bourne is correct and this thread will do them harm.

Last edited by shalom; 12-05-2012 at 04:34 PM. Reason: because I had buildings accusing each other of crimes...
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #138
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Rick, Thanks for responding here with the other side of the story. As you know since I have a reservation through you guys for May, I was concerned enough to email your company. I appreciate the phone call I received just a few hours later and also the email you sent me back a day or so later. I now feel enough confidence in your company that I am considering booking another ressie through you guys for next fall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
+1

edited to add I sent VS a PM. I suggested they request DIS delete this thread, or at least change title of the thread. Blame me if VS takes my suggestion and if DIS agrees.
+2

And I hope the mods take your advice on the deletion or title change of the thread.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #139
DSLRuser
Age is a state of mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationStrategyllc View Post
Hello everyone.

My name is Rick Bourne. I am the owner and co-founder of Vacation Strategy LLC. Rick Bourne
Vacation Strategy LLC
No worries Rick. I have been on the Dis in some form or another for many years. The truth usially comes out, and companies like yours are no worse for wear.

the same day this thread began, I booked with you for a week in March. Why? because of the numerous positives your company has here on the Dis, but on numerous other web sites.

Most folks can see the truth thrue the fog of emotion. I look forward to completeing my transaction wth your company in the near future as my dates come closer.
Port Orleans FQ x3
Coranado Springs
Caribbean Beach Club
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian Resort
<<Disney Wonder>>
Marriot Sable Palms x 4
Marriot Royal Palms x 4
Bonnet Creek x 3
Marriot Cypress Harbor x 2
Marriot Grande Vista
DSLRuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #140
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post

And I hope the mods take your advice on the deletion or title change of the thread.
Ditto.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #141
DSLRuser
Age is a state of mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
+2

Just lock it down. it will eventually float away into the distance like most flame wars do.
Port Orleans FQ x3
Coranado Springs
Caribbean Beach Club
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian Resort
<<Disney Wonder>>
Marriot Sable Palms x 4
Marriot Royal Palms x 4
Bonnet Creek x 3
Marriot Cypress Harbor x 2
Marriot Grande Vista
DSLRuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #142
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLRuser View Post
Just lock it down. it will eventually float away into the distance like most flame wars do.
It would still show up in Google searches. I find ancient Dis threads on various Timeshares that way all the time.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #143
HippieChickadee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hello everyone.

My name is Rick Bourne. I am the owner and co-founder of Vacation Strategy LLC. There seems to be a lot of confusion over this incident and without pointing fingers, I would like to simply state the facts in an attempt to clear things up.
Rick,

don't worry too much. I never heard of your company before this thread and there are FAR FAR more positives in this thread then negatives. I knew there was something up from all the opposing opinions.

And now I've looked into your company and it sounds like something I will very much use in the future!

-A hippie who loves chickadees
HippieChickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #144
peabody58
I'm just a drummer in a R&R Band!!

Rick Bourne, Vacation Strategy LLC - rest assured even though you are only 'Earning Your Ears' as a new DisBoard member , your professional response and customer focused business model will get my business in the future.

The truth is out there..... Keep up the great work.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #145
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

More certain than ever that we made a great choice booking thru VS for our NYE trip! Rick and Humaira, just remember that it is those of us who are happy customers that are answering questions around here. There are plenty of people that will be sincerely recommending you to inquiring minds.
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #146
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLRuser View Post
Can we get to the real question?

Is the view from tower 4 better than the view from tower 3?

kidding.

Tower 4

Illuminations to the left, Wishes to the right

We had some issues with our rental experience through VS. Because we had such a long trip planned, we had 3 different owners points and 5 different reservations. We didn't have confirmation that we had a place to stay for our last 6 nights because the owners (NOT VS) were waiting until the last minute to transfer the reservation into our name. It was frustrating and nerve wracking and even though VS would reassure me on the phone that everything was okay, I didn't get a written confirmation or pay my final payment for those last few nights. Because we had never used them before, I just kept a dummy reservation somewhere else for the last 6 nights in case something fell through.

However, everything worked out and our reservation was secure for all 14 nights in the end. We got the reservation we paid for (and a killer view) and we saved tons of money by going through VS.

Even though it wasn't as smooth as I'd hoped, we'd use VS again. The savings was worth it, and everything worked out fine.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #147
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Thank you, Rick, for coming and posting on this thread.
You have a good, clear resoponse to the issue. I posted a while back on this thread that we had a great experience with your company in October.
I knew the OP was not giving all the correct info.
I would have no worries about losing business from this thread. Every other thread on your company has nothing but positive responses. We look forward to booking with you again on our next trip
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #148
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello everyone.

My name is Rick Bourne. I am the owner and co-founder of Vacation Strategy LLC. There seems to be a lot of confusion over this incident and without pointing fingers, I would like to simply state the facts in an attempt to clear things up.

Sincerely,

Rick Bourne
Vacation Strategy LLC
This was my only interest! I was wondering if the person posting as VSLLC was ACTUALLY from VS LLC. Good to know you stepped in, Rick, and clarified that you weren't a troller messing with a thread. Great to know that you stand by your company as well. I have gotten a couple of quotes from your company and was very happy with the turnaround time.

That being said, it doesn't reduce my hope that OP gets other affordable accommodations soon enough for her trip to take place.

**I would mention that you are probably serving a very very wide customer base from all over the world, and that your website doesn't have any easy mention of booking within certain business hours in order to secure a reservation. As it's been a bit since I've gotten a quote from you, I don't know if this is something that is mentioned in an email - but it could be very very important if someone in California (or Hawaii) wanted to book but didn't realize that you had closed a few hours earlier. Seems like these days, ALL hours are "business hours" for a lot of businesses, so I personally wouldn't expect to have to put down a deposit at a certain time of day. **
ZehnJahren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #149
emma9630
Earning My Ears

I just wanted to "throw my hat into the ring" We returned from a 7 day trip last weekend and it was a dream vacation, we used VS, got a fantastic rate in a 1br presidential and are going to call them in the New Year to book our next trip. I have no personal ties to VS but wouldn't hesitate to recommend anyone to use them.
emma9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #150
vacationStrategyllc
Earning My Ears

Our Sincere Thanks

We wanted to thank everyone for their support and kind words over the last few days. We are amazed that people would take time out of their busy schedules to voice their opinions and support. Especially those who are not even our customers. Many Thanks

Sincerely,
Rick & Humaira Bourne and the entire team at VS
vacationStrategyllc is offline   Reply With Quote