Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

Question Sending A Runner To Get Fast Passes in the Other Park?

Just wondering about sending my husband to get fast passes over in DCA while the rest of us are in Disneyland. As long as all of our tickets were scanned upon entry into DL, he can take them into DCA and get fast passes for all of us, right?

Also, about how early are RSR fast passes running out in the mornings?

Are fast pass times currently being enforced, or can we still use them later on in the day?

We're usually pretty efficient at park touring, but we have a bigger group this time, and we haven't been to the parks since Carsland opened. Just trying to make sure we can make the most of our visit! Thanks!

P.S. We leave tomorrow!

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
marciemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
Sully14
Mouseketeer

In order to get fast passes, the AP or parkhopper has to be swiped in at that park. The group would have to enter one park, turn around and leave as a group and enter the other park...and then the 'runner' could get FP's in either.
Sully14 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

You can send a runner to get FPs in a different park as long as all ticket media has been swiped first at EITHER park. So as long as everyone's tickets have been activated at DL you can send someone to DCA with tickets to get FPs.

So no one can sleep in at the hotel and not use their ticket and still get FPs.

This is a little known fact and many CMs are ignorant of this. Several times while standing in the RSR FP line I have heard CMs telling people that if their tickets hadn't been scanned at DCA they couldn't get a FP for RSR. Well, I knew that wasn't true and stayed in the line even though the rest of my party was in DL. Worked just fine.

Depending on the day, RSR FP are running out between 45 minutes-90 minutes from park opening.

As of right now, FPs are not being enforced.

Hope that helps!
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchOwl View Post
You can send a runner to get FPs in a different park as long as all ticket media has been swiped first at EITHER park. So as long as everyone's tickets have been activated at DL you can send someone to DCA with tickets to get FPs.

This is a little known fact and many CMs are ignorant of this. Several times while standing in the RSR FP line I have heard CMs telling people that if their tickets hadn't been scanned at DCA they couldn't get a FP for RSR. Well, I knew that wasn't true and stayed in the line even though the rest of my party was in DL. Worked just fine.

Depending on the day, RSR FP are running out between 45 minutes-90 minutes from park opening.

Hope that helps!
Perfect! Thanks so much!

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
marciemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
HydroGuy
The code is more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules
Inquiring fairy minds want to know: Does Hydroguy like World of Color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully14 View Post
In order to get fast passes, the AP or parkhopper has to be swiped in at that park. The group would have to enter one park, turn around and leave as a group and enter the other park...and then the 'runner' could get FP's in either.
This information is not correct as experienced by myself many times and many others on this forum - without exception over the last 7+ years.

If your DLR parkhopper ticket or AP is scanned at either park it can be taken to the opposite park by a FP runner and used to obtain FPs - without ever being scanned at the opposite park.

Further, the DL and DCA FP systems are independent so all rules about obtaining a FP and then waiting for the next FP window do not apply. In other words, you can obtain a FP at DL and then immediately go to DCA and get a FP for any ride. And vice versa.

DLR 07/2014 (DLH), 11/2013 (Day Trip), 8/2013 GCH (CCI for D23 Expo), 10/2012 CCI, 07/2012 GCH, 08/2011 CCI (D23 Expo), 06/2011 GCH, 09/2010 BWPPI, 07/2010 GCH, 08/2009 (Day Trip), 05/2009 Doubletree Anaheim/OC, 11/2007 (Day Trip), 06/2007 BWPPI, 08/2006 (Day Trip), 11/2005 BWPPI, 08/2005 BWPPI, 07/2003 HoJo's, 07/2000 PPH, 1966-1998 Numerous Day Trips Including... 06/1981 (Grad Night)
WDW 05/2013 Swan, 02/2012 CBR, 03/2011 Dolphin, 05/2008 AKL, 06/2006 FW Cabins
DLR Paris 06/2007 - Newport Bay/Santa Fe/Holiday Inn (solo) - see my Trip Observations
Tokyo Disney Resort 11/2009 - SunRoute Plaza (with DS13) - see my Trip Report (with photos)
HydroGuy DLR Tips Compilation, DLR Abbreviations List, World of Color Superthread
HydroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #6
HydroGuy
The code is more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules
Inquiring fairy minds want to know: Does Hydroguy like World of Color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchOwl View Post

Hope that helps!
Arch is 100% correct as usual!
DLR 07/2014 (DLH), 11/2013 (Day Trip), 8/2013 GCH (CCI for D23 Expo), 10/2012 CCI, 07/2012 GCH, 08/2011 CCI (D23 Expo), 06/2011 GCH, 09/2010 BWPPI, 07/2010 GCH, 08/2009 (Day Trip), 05/2009 Doubletree Anaheim/OC, 11/2007 (Day Trip), 06/2007 BWPPI, 08/2006 (Day Trip), 11/2005 BWPPI, 08/2005 BWPPI, 07/2003 HoJo's, 07/2000 PPH, 1966-1998 Numerous Day Trips Including... 06/1981 (Grad Night)
WDW 05/2013 Swan, 02/2012 CBR, 03/2011 Dolphin, 05/2008 AKL, 06/2006 FW Cabins
DLR Paris 06/2007 - Newport Bay/Santa Fe/Holiday Inn (solo) - see my Trip Observations
Tokyo Disney Resort 11/2009 - SunRoute Plaza (with DS13) - see my Trip Report (with photos)
HydroGuy DLR Tips Compilation, DLR Abbreviations List, World of Color Superthread
HydroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #7
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

I had wondered about this! Thanks OP For asking and thats PP's for the info!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #8
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
I had wondered about this! Thanks OP For asking and thats PP's for the info!
I agree. thanks OP and ArchOwl.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #9
kerickson
VGC Dreamin'

This strategy sounds interesting but not sure it will work for my situation. We'll be there Christmas week, so we'll want to get DL (Indian Jones) FPs as soon as we get into Disneyland so we can start our DL fast pass clock. If we do that, then send my husband over to DCA to wait in line for Radiator Springs FPs, he'd probably miss our first hour of touring in DL, right? Not sure he/I would want to miss that much time out of the morning touring schedule on a busy day. I guess we could get Soarin FPs instead which shouldn't take as much time, just in case we want to head to DCA later and ride something.

Trying to figure out all the tricks!

kerickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #10
Sully14
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroGuy View Post
This information is not correct as experienced by myself many times and many others on this forum - without exception over the last 7+ years.

If your DLR parkhopper ticket or AP is scanned at either park it can be taken to the opposite park by a FP runner and used to obtain FPs - without ever being scanned at the opposite park.

Further, the DL and DCA FP systems are independent so all rules about obtaining a FP and then waiting for the next FP window do not apply. In other words, you can obtain a FP at DL and then immediately go to DCA and get a FP for any ride. And vice versa.

My children have already told me I was wrong, as usual. A CM did tell me this in August, but it was incorrect. I guess I should always wait to have my kids around before posting!

23 days until I try it out in person.
Sully14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #11
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerickson View Post
This strategy sounds interesting but not sure it will work for my situation. We'll be there Christmas week, so we'll want to get DL (Indian Jones) FPs as soon as we get into Disneyland so we can start our DL fast pass clock. If we do that, then send my husband over to DCA to wait in line for Radiator Springs FPs, he'd probably miss our first hour of touring in DL, right? Not sure he/I would want to miss that much time out of the morning touring schedule on a busy day. I guess we could get Soarin FPs instead which shouldn't take as much time, just in case we want to head to DCA later and ride something.

Trying to figure out all the tricks!
During Christmas week, he will most likely burn up a lot of time over in DCA to get a RSR FP. I find it is usually easier to devote one morning to DL and a different morning to DCA. But I have been the runner to DCA on trips where it was more about the kids in my party than my own schedule and I was happy to wait in line so they didn't have to.

A Soarin' FP wouldn't burn up much time, but it all depends on what you want to do that day. Have fun!
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: