Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #901
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leskash75 View Post
I have thought about doing dietbet I wonder if it would motivate?

Daughter had a baby Monday so work out has been off as I'm taking care of two year old while in hospital. Getting back to it today.
How exciting! Congrats!

6 weeks ladies! EEEPPPPP!!!!

It's getting real now. I am a little freaked about not being able to obsess over the course yet. LOL What's up Disney?! Maybe we need to remind them to post it. Geesh!

Ran 2 this morning, going for 3 tomorrow, 4 on friday, then 5 on Sunday. Last week was my "long week" so this week I don't have to run for 2 hrs. WOO HOO!

I am already dreading the 2-3 more long runs left. then repeat for Princess.

These races would be great if it wasn't for all the training involved. ha ha ha

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #902
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

I hear you Patty - those long runs are killer.

And to top it off I'm way behind on my training. I was injured and now I've had a stupid icky flu bug for 2 weeks and its kicking my behind. Just when I think I'm starting to feel better I feel like pooh again.

Really starting to freak out about this.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #903
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
I hear you Patty - those long runs are killer.

And to top it off I'm way behind on my training. I was injured and now I've had a stupid icky flu bug for 2 weeks and its kicking my behind. Just when I think I'm starting to feel better I feel like pooh again.

Really starting to freak out about this.
Right there with ya! Still have over a week before I can run again and my last long run was only 5 miles! But I keep telling myself I'll be "almost" ready at least and I'll run as much as I can. Im not worried about being swept even if I have to walk a mile or so of it towards the end. I've accepted that I'm not going to do as well as I had originally intended but I'm still going to give it my best shot and I will finish!

Kirsten
kirstie101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #904
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming,...

We will make it!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #905
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leskash75 View Post
Daughter had a baby Monday so work out has been off as I'm taking care of two year old while in hospital. Getting back to it today.
Congratulations on the new baby!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
It's getting real now. I am a little freaked about not being able to obsess over the course yet. LOL What's up Disney?! Maybe we need to remind them to post it. Geesh!

These races would be great if it wasn't for all the training involved. ha ha ha
I completely agree w/ you!! I've noticed too that we aren't getting as many emails as we have in the past I think I've gotten 4 total for both WDW and Tink this year. Usually it's more. I wonder if it's the new website. I know that sounds weird, but once the site changed, it seems like less and less info is out there. And can I throw out there ~ not really a fan of the new site, I liked the old one better.

As for training... I have that thought about 2 or 3 times a week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
I was injured and now I've had a stupid icky flu bug for 2 weeks and its kicking my behind. Just when I think I'm starting to feel better I feel like pooh again.
Hope you feel better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
Right there with ya! Still have over a week before I can run again and my last long run was only 5 miles! But I keep telling myself I'll be "almost" ready at least and I'll run as much as I can. Im not worried about being swept even if I have to walk a mile or so of it towards the end. I've accepted that I'm not going to do as well as I had originally intended but I'm still going to give it my best shot and I will finish!
Kirstie ~ no worries, you'll do fine. If you can finish Nike and their hills, Tink is a walk in the park!!

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:07 AM   #906
othello32
Getting better at this...

I'm in! othello32. I did the inaugural last year and hoping to be a legacy runner here. I always dress up as Lilo and carry Stitch. Hope to see you there! Aloha!
othello32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #907
msbell1976
Earning My Ears

I'm new to Disney races, what is a legacy runner?
DD (7)
msbell1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #908
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

So for all you rundisney vet's out there, when should we start getting emails with more race details? Corral placements? I'm ready for the details!!!

Kirsten
Old 12-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #909
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Keep en eye on marathon weekend announcements. Once they get theirs, ours will follow! Usually a month out so it should be soon! Marathon and Tink are pretty close together this year so I won't be surprised if our info is a little delayed.

I just want to see the course!!!!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #910
TinkerPlouffe
Earning My Ears

New and super excited!!

Hey Everyone!! Im new to this forum, and new to running (ish) I used to run because I had to in high school for the cheerteam. Im now 24 and running on my own and I love it. <3 Im from a small town in Alberta Canada and SUPER EXCITED to get away from this SNOW and ICE and run my way through Disney. This will be my first ever 1/2 Marathon and Im super stoked. Any advice??!

TinkerPlouffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #911
othello32
Getting better at this...

Legacy runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbell1976 View Post
I'm new to Disney races, what is a legacy runner?
The race is still too new to really be a legacy runner but what it is, is someone who has ran the race every year since the beginning. I think with the Original Disneyland Half in September during their 5 year anniversary, they listed all their legacy runners who ran every year since the beginning in their program that they gave away.

othello32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #912
jessicaerv
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3339 View Post
Good afternoon ladies!!! I got an email today about the race, nothing on the courses just info on the food events and hotels. BUT... they do have a link to sign up/order the Tink D & B bags so if you didn't get the email and would like it, pm me your email address and I can forward the email to you. They kinda look like the ones from last year and there are 3 sizes. Plus side about ordering them is you know you have one, but the downside is that if you have an AP or Disney Visa, I not sure if it'll register the discount that you get at the expo.

Also got my weekly Runner's World email and they have an article about shin splints. I know some people posted they have them here so here's the link if you're interested. Link
Yes, please, forward me the email; do you still have my address after the last time? I can't figure out WHY I'm not getting them! I know they have my email because I received my registration confirmation, but not a peep since then.

Leskash - congrats on the new grandbaby! I have baby fever right now, so my insides are all melty with your announcement.

6 weeks to go and now I'm wondering what I'm going to do AFTER the race. I'm so focused on the main goal (finishing the Tink) that I have hardly given any thought to January 21st and beyond! People are starting to ask me "So, are you going to keep running?" A friend of mine has been asking me to register for a 1/2 marathon here in town in March (Shamrock'n 1/2). But since I'm not usually a runner, I'm asking myself.... Do I really want to keep going? This could be an expensive way to exercise, ya know?

So, for those of us non-runners who aren't crazy enough to try to do the Princess almost immediately after the Tink (I'm looking at YOU, Patty!!) -- what are your plans for AFTER January 20th?
Old 12-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #913
Shananana
Mouseketeer

I got the saddest email today:
Quote:
Hi Shawna,
With the race right around the corner we have pulled the database in order to work on corral placements, etc. We are not able to make changes for corral information at this time.
Please bring a print-out of your race proof or be able to show us your race results on your phone, etc. at the Expo. Please bring your race results to Runner Relations for corral updates after you have picked up your race packets.
We look forward to seeing you soon!

I sent in my proof of time in October! I thought they took it! But they didn't! I hope this doesn't ruin my Friday before the race... Ugh. Oh well... I was planning to shop anyway. I'm hoping that the purses are cheaper at the expo. But maybe not. But I can hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaerv View Post
So, for those of us non-runners who aren't crazy enough to try to do the Princess almost immediately after the Tink (I'm looking at YOU, Patty!!) -- what are your plans for AFTER January 20th?
Well, I'm a runner by nature, so I love this and will keep running races every few months. I plan on signing up for the Nike race in SF next year AND the Disneyland race (5k or half? still undecided.) But there's a zombie run in the middle of the summer that's only 5k or so. And there's a 5k mud run. And there's the color run. One of my co-workers is doing the electric run, but that's 1 week after Tink, so I'm skipping that. And the registration fees aren't that much for the smaller runs... I think the 80's run was $30.
I guess my plan is to keep my eyes open and run as many 5 to 10k's that I can.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #914
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaerv View Post
Yes, please, forward me the email; do you still have my address after the last time? I can't figure out WHY I'm not getting them! I know they have my email because I received my registration confirmation, but not a peep since then.

Leskash - congrats on the new grandbaby! I have baby fever right now, so my insides are all melty with your announcement.

6 weeks to go and now I'm wondering what I'm going to do AFTER the race. I'm so focused on the main goal (finishing the Tink) that I have hardly given any thought to January 21st and beyond! People are starting to ask me "So, are you going to keep running?" A friend of mine has been asking me to register for a 1/2 marathon here in town in March (Shamrock'n 1/2). But since I'm not usually a runner, I'm asking myself.... Do I really want to keep going? This could be an expensive way to exercise, ya know?

Im definitely not a runner by nature but I'm pretty sure I'm stuck on this running thing now. I've found it way too addicting to stop! I love it! I plan to keep doing 5 and 10K's mainly. I'll hope to get into the Nike half again next year. Its closer to my home so its more affordable for me than DL races. And I'm sure at some point I'll run another disney race too, maybe every other year? But either way I'm loving running and plan to keep it up. Maybe one half marathon a year mixed in with shorter races.

Kirsten
Old 12-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #915
kim3339
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Keep en eye on marathon weekend announcements. Once they get theirs, ours will follow! Usually a month out so it should be soon! Marathon and Tink are pretty close together this year so I won't be surprised if our info is a little delayed.

I just want to see the course!!!!
I thought I saw earlier this week on the WDW thread that they are guessing next week for the waivers, so hopefully the week after that we'll get our waivers. As for our course... I've now given in to the idea that it's going to be a surprise race and we just follow whomever is in front of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerPlouffe View Post
Hey Everyone!! Im new to this forum, and new to running (ish) I used to run because I had to in high school for the cheerteam. Im now 24 and running on my own and I love it. <3 Im from a small town in Alberta Canada and SUPER EXCITED to get away from this SNOW and ICE and run my way through Disney. This will be my first ever 1/2 Marathon and Im super stoked. Any advice??!
Make sure to take everything in and enjoy it. Course still isn't out, but if it's like last year, DL is in the around Mile 1 or 2 towards the beginning and DCA is at the end. It'll still be dark for the DL part, but the lights will be on so it'll be pretty. The disney races are always fun, but w/ it being your 1st make sure it's fun for you and don't get caught up in what other runners are doing or in a pace you can't keep up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananana View Post
I sent in my proof of time in October! I thought they took it! But they didn't! I hope this doesn't ruin my Friday before the race... Ugh. Oh well... I was planning to shop anyway. I'm hoping that the purses are cheaper at the expo. But maybe not. But I can hope.
Sorry about them not taking your time, that's not right. It won't take to long at the expo, just go to runner relations to the right of bib pickup, show they the printout/proof of time and they'll put a sticker over your corral letter on the bib. No more than 5 or 10 min.

As for the purses, if you have an AP or Disney Visa, you'll get the normal discount on them, same w/ the other disney race merch. And you might want to go to that part of the expo first and before you even go downstairs to pick up your bib. Last year I got there when the expo opened and there was a line specifically for the expo and purses. Some of them were even sold out by the afternoon. It was crazy!!

kim3339 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: