Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
MrsCies
Earning My Ears

Talking Surprise with help from "Elf on a shelf"??

Hello!! We are heading to WDW in 4 days!! EEEK!! It is a complete surprise for our almost 5 year old (who asks to go to WDW every day - not even kidding-)

Well she is very into her "Elf on a Shelf" this year....her elf has been quite the little stinker! She looks for her first thing every morning! I was thinking that maybe "Snowflake" (her Elf) could surprise her with the news the morning we fly out?? Any ideas?

I was thinking of cutting out a pair of felt Mickey ears to pin on Snowflakes head and then her holding a sign that says "We are going to Disney world today!!!" The wording seems boring though, any ideas? I said maybe Santa would report he's sending up to WDW but hubby doesn't want Santa getting the credit LOL. Id love some thoughts/ideas?! Thanks a bunch

2011 ~ The Pop
2012 ~ POR Royal Room
Dec 2014 ~ Coronado
MrsCies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #2
LCoulter
Whoah Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCies View Post
Hello!! We are heading to WDW in 4 days!! EEEK!! It is a complete surprise for our almost 5 year old (who asks to go to WDW every day - not even kidding-)

Well she is very into her "Elf on a Shelf" this year....her elf has been quite the little stinker! She looks for her first thing every morning! I was thinking that maybe "Snowflake" (her Elf) could surprise her with the news the morning we fly out?? Any ideas?

I was thinking of cutting out a pair of felt Mickey ears to pin on Snowflakes head and then her holding a sign that says "We are going to Disney world today!!!" The wording seems boring though, any ideas? I said maybe Santa would report he's sending up to WDW but hubby doesn't want Santa getting the credit LOL. Id love some thoughts/ideas?! Thanks a bunch
To a five year old, I don't think it would be boring and I think it's a good idea. I'm not coming up with anything really clever at the moment but will think about it.

Have a great trip!
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

Our elf (Buddy) brought us our WDW trip last year but about a month before we went. I am not a fan of surprise trip. He had bought everyone a t-shirt for every day at WDW, a kids guide to WDW and a few other goodies. He had those things with a countdown chain laying out on the couch when DS came into the house. He got it immediately and was over the top excited!!!
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #4
kissy
Mouseketeer

Our elf (appropriately named Walt) will be bringing a large present to my kids Saturday morning that includes new disney drawstring backpacks, tshirts, sketch pads, crayons, snacks etc for each kid and the itinerary. They won't be allowed to open it until after dinner. (We're leaving Sunday morning). There will be a note in walt's hands from Santa saying that we all thought they had been so good this year that we wanted to give them an early present. I also got a "I'm going to Walt Disney world" shirt for 2 month old ds to wear during dinner as a bit of a teaser!

Disney World - Fort Wilderness July 1991
Disney world - All Star Movies November 2005
Disney World - Off site September 2009
Disney World - All star Music September 2011
Disneyland - too many times to count!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #5
nellyru
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up Did you do it?

Curious how it went.

We are planning on something similar next Christmas.

With help from our Elf, Bella and Santa!
nellyru is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: