Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
nursie
Earning My Ears

Question Best Boardwalk Villa location

Looking for some input on those who have been to Boardwalk Villa's,\
where are the most desired rooms?
Are there certain buildings/rooms that you recommend.
Upper floor vs. lower?
Buildings to avoid? If so, why?
We have some special needs children, no wheelchairs or need for physical accommodations but want to avoid really noise, meltdowns, etc.
We are staying in a 2BR villa coded 28S via RCI exchange. Anyone know what that code means?
Thanks for all the info!
nursie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursie View Post
Upper floor vs. lower?
We have some special needs children, no wheelchairs or need for physical accommodations but want to avoid really noise, meltdowns, etc.
We are staying in a 2BR villa coded 28S via RCI exchange. Anyone know what that code means?
Thanks for all the info!
You probably have a preferred view - pool/garden. Not BW view. There is only one building. You may want to request close to the elevator. There is only one elevator bank. The lobby and drive are on the second floor. Pool and boat dock on the first floor.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #3
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursie View Post
Upper floor vs. lower?
Thanks for all the info!
Deb & Bill are correct. Additionally, if you want to avoid noise it may be best to specifically request a quiet room, so maybe they would try not to put you by the pool with the pool noise during the day, etc.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
nursie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
You probably have a preferred view - pool/garden. Not BW view. There is only one building. You may want to request close to the elevator. There is only one elevator bank. The lobby and drive are on the second floor. Pool and boat dock on the first floor.
Is there a bad view? Seems like the Pool view would be fun.
Can you see Epcot fireworks or HS fireworks from there?
nursie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #5
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

there are several bad views - some have a tree in the middle of the balcony.

would not want to be close to the elevators because of the noise - they can be pretty noisy

the problem with asking for a quiet room -is you can be walking quiet a ways - unless you can do the steps. bwv has stairways all over it - some are great for short cuts - others - well not so great.

also would not go for the courtyard - it is great but can be noisy as well.

you don't want a BW view because of the noise.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:13 PM   #6
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

I have had top floor rooms overlooking the quiet pool that were not noisy. In fact, I had a top floor room overlooking the clown pool and it wasn't noisy either. I have had ground floor rooms overlooking both pools and I didn't notice a lot of noise there either, although they weren't as quiet as the upper floor rooms. I think the noisiest room I've had at BWV was one that overlooked the central courtyard because you heard the boat horns all the time. I haven't had a BW view because I stay on cash reservations.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:47 AM   #7
cvjw
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at BWV numerous times, and prefer the villas away from the elevators - we find them to be much quieter. We have stayed in villas with all 3 different views, and found that once the balcony doors are closed, we never heard much noise from the outside. We just returned from a stay where our villa was right by the elevators - we could hear people walking by our room during the day and night. We were amazed at how loud people talk in the halls and let their kids run and scream down the halls. The closer you are to the elevator - the more people that will walk by your room day and night.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #8
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

I had a first floor pool view by the main pool. I was back in the room during the day resting and I could hear the pool party going on outside of my room. If you will be there during the day, try to get away from the main pool. No issues at night though.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #9
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

We had a preferred room, first floor, near the quiet pool and it was wonderful. Quick walk out the door to swim and also to the Community Hall which we used every day.

Another trip, top floor, overlooking the "cricket" lawn. It was really overlooking the Swan and the waterway, Also nice, very quiet, not an exciting view but lovely. This was during our Christmas/December trip and we had a tree lit all night in the balcony door, so we thought we were doing our part for the view of the folks on the Friendship Boats to and from HS!

I never expect quiet at Disney World so I don't think I've ever noticed one location being more quiet than another.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: