Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #61
furb & dez
City Bear Jamboreers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator75 View Post
I could have written this post but didn't. We have the worst neighbors. Going out my front door makes my skin crawl and also makes my blood boil. They have lived next to us for a year and their yard makes it look like i'm living next to sanford and son. They have wood pallets piled 5 feet high on the property line , old cars and trucks lawn equipment and everything else under the moon. I haven't said anything but i sure want to i just complain alot to my husband. We and all our other neighbors keep a spotless yard so i don't know why they can't put some effort into keeping up apperances. They sure have enough time to party so they should have time to clean heir yard up.
This is a fire risk. Personally I would go to the city if my neighbors had combustibles all over their property.

That fire is not going to magically stop at your property line.
Our first trip to WDW! Had fun, a bit disappointed in the lack of things to keep us busy. Next trip: eh, 5 years perhaps? Don't understand the psychosis of wasting time trying to meet actors in fursuits or princess costumes, but, wev...
furb & dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #62
gator75
DIS Veteran

The city has no say as we live in the countryso there is no so called big brother watching over anything.
gator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #63
I loveStitchnippyjon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The city has no say as we live in the countryso there is no so called big brother watching over anything.
even out in the country, either the Town or County should have zoning laws and zoning enforcement officer.
I loveStitchnippyjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #64
arthuruscg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I bet your county does have "big brother" to call. You can start with Zoning and Ordinance. They should direct you to the appropriate department.
Entire Child hood Fort Wilderness Campground
arthuruscg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #65
burnurcomputer
DIS Veteran

If the home is being rented, contact the owner if it bothers you that much. It may be in their lease that the owner cares for the lawn and the outdoors. I had one like that You can address it in nice terms such as the black pumkins can draw bugs and varmits as well as seeding the lawn for future pumkin growth. It might be the blight of the neighborhood, but the real concern needs to be addressed to the owner, not the occupant.
burnurcomputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:38 PM   #66
Pigeon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnurcomputer View Post
If the home is being rented, contact the owner if it bothers you that much. It may be in their lease that the owner cares for the lawn and the outdoors. I had one like that You can address it in nice terms such as the black pumkins can draw bugs and varmits as well as seeding the lawn for future pumkin growth. It might be the blight of the neighborhood, but the real concern needs to be addressed to the owner, not the occupant.
OMG. Pumpkin seeds in the yard. The horror.
Pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #67
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

We have a neighbor that concerns themself with their neighbors lawns, yards, cars and anything else they can think of. We had a boat that we took out of the water a few years back and it stayed on the side of our house for a season. They didn't like the view from their bedroom window. A boat bothered them, not a thing wrong with the boat either, properly stored and all.

I wondered if they would rather look at this?

JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #68
goofinoff
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
I feel like we are in the middle of A Very Brady Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicar View Post
we have a neighbor that concerns themself with their neighbors lawns, yards, cars and anything else they can think of. We had a boat that we took out of the water a few years back and it stayed on the side of our house for a season. They didn't like the view from their bedroom window. A boat bothered them, not a thing wrong with the boat either, properly stored and all.

o......m.......g!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:33 PM   #69
HelenePA
I could use a cupcake now
I'm a tetris addict!
I have a secret obsession with turkeys
Yep I am Cat Stupid

The dis makes me love my neighbors more and more...
Old 12-06-2012, 01:46 AM   #70
kaligal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
We have a neighbor that concerns themself with their neighbors lawns, yards, cars and anything else they can think of. We had a boat that we took out of the water a few years back and it stayed on the side of our house for a season. They didn't like the view from their bedroom window. A boat bothered them, not a thing wrong with the boat either, properly stored and all.

That wouldn't bother me. Not one bit.
Fantasmic sucks.
kaligal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:46 AM   #71
nephthys43
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR

If would love to do that. My bf won't let me though.

july 1980 - first trip (cried when i met the three little pigs) - offsite / march 1987 - offsite / march 1991 - offsite / august 1996 - offsite / march 2005 - offsite - celebration / march 2006 - offsite - celebration december 2006 - CBR / december 2007 - sports / december 2009 - offsite - celebration / august 2010 - POP
nephthys43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #72
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenePA View Post
The dis makes me love my neighbors more and more...
Wouldn't bother me either. I like it it's whimsical. It would make my neighbors nuts though.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #73
furb & dez
City Bear Jamboreers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
OMG. Pumpkin seeds in the yard. The horror.
You realize that pumpkin vines are pretty darn ugly, right?
Our first trip to WDW! Had fun, a bit disappointed in the lack of things to keep us busy. Next trip: eh, 5 years perhaps? Don't understand the psychosis of wasting time trying to meet actors in fursuits or princess costumes, but, wev...
furb & dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #74
Pigeon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by furb & dez View Post
You realize that pumpkin vines are pretty darn ugly, right?
I've got a farm field right behind my house that many years is planted in pumpkins, so yes, I know quite well what pumpkins look like.

I also know that despite the fact that the farmers leave approximately 20% of the harvest to rot in the field for some reason or another, my lawn has not been overrun with pumpkin vines. Nor have I noticed any more rodents than usual. In any given year, there are probably well over a thousand pumpkins left in the field.

I have also planted pumpkins in my own garden from time to time. They are no more difficult to rip out, nor are they any uglier than any other weed which may find its way into a lawn, although I've never had a single instance of pumpkins self-seeding and appearing in my lawn.

I most assuredly would hope that law enforcement officials weren't wasting time on worrying about errant pumpkin vines taking over my neighborhood.
Pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #75
disneylovero
Earning My Ears

Your neighbor's yard is none of your business.
disneylovero is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: