Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
Joshua_me
Today's Sustainable Fish

Dis Boards Post Makes Local Tampa Newscast !

I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere, or this thread has to be taken down for legal reasons.

But.

This is in reference to an accident that occurred on The Jungle Cruise - I believe many weeks (maybe months) ago.

In short, as a woman and her child were stepping off of the boat at the end of the ride, another boat rammed them from behind, sending the woman who had one foot on the dock and one foot still in the boat at the time flying backwards onto the floor of the boat.

She is claiming several injuries and is suing Disney for the cost of the future surgeries to fix the problems with her back and such.

As far as the legitimacy of this claim goes, I have no idea. What IS odd, according to her lawyer, (naturally) is that Disney is claiming they have NO surveillance footage of this event, leaving the woman in a basically "he said, she said" situation.

"What may be her only proof", the story continued, "was a post left by a fellow Disney guest on a popular Disney fan site who described the situation."

And *poof* there it was on my TV screen - a post straight from the Dis Boards, (goodness knows I'd recognize one anywhere... )

I didn't, however, recognize the name of the poster, and they didn't leave it up long enough to read the entire thing.

I don't know enough about the case to voice an opinion on the situation, but I DO find it odd that there is no video from the loading/unloading sights of The Jungle Cruise, especially if the accident was so bad that others on the boat noticed it.

Does anyone know more about this ?

The segment ended by saying the woman and her attorney were trying to track down the person/witness who did the posting.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Joshua_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
Canadian Disney Mom
Formerly Tollerwalker - original join date July 2005

Is this the one?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....=jungle+cruise
Past Trips to Disneyworld, Disneyland, and Disney Cruises:WDW-1: May 1998 (Off Property), WDW-2: Apr 2002 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2005 (All-Star Movies), WDW-4: Apr 2006 (SSR), WDW-5: April 2008 (AKV Jambo), WDW-6: Dec 2009 (AKV Kidani & SSR), WDW-7: Jul 2010 (AKV Jambo), WDW-8: Apr 2011 (Off Property), WDW-9: Jun-Jul 2012 (BLT, BWV & AKV Jambo), WDW-10: Dec 2012-Jan 2013 (AKV Jambo), WDW-11: Mar 2013 (BLT & AKV Kidani), WDW-12: June/July 2014 (AKV Jambo, VFW),WDW-13: Nov 2014 (VGF),WDW-14: Mar 2015 (BLT),DLR-1: Nov 2010 (Off Property), DLR-2: Jan 2012 (VGC), DCL-1: Jan 2012 (Disney Wonder 7 night MR)
Twitter ID: @CanadaDisneyMom
Canadian Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #3
Joshua_me
Today's Sustainable Fish

^ Yes !

That's the one !

Wow, posted almost a year ago.

Here's a link to the newscast article/video that aired last night.

http://brandon.wtsp.com/news/news/15...n-suing-disney

-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 12-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #4
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

it doesn't surprise me that there is no video necessarily, or if there is video, it would have been taken by another observer who probably didn't want to be involved. Disney does have cameras in many places, but not everywhere.

I"m not entirely familiar with their operations, so can't really comment more. I've only been on that ride once actually, but it seems this lawsuit might have some merit.

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #5
Stacy's a freak
wrangles snakes

I am actually surprised that there isn't a video. I really thought Disney had cameras all over the park. I have no knowledge of this, I just figured they would, especially in a ride loading/unloading area. If nothing else, it would seem that Disney would want to monitor its cast members at work.
Stacy's a freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #6
Joshua_me
Today's Sustainable Fish

It just seems suspicious to me that there would be no video surveillance at a key point in the park where accidents could occur... (such as stepping in and out of a boat, for example)

I realize not every inch of the park is video "taped", but maybe a former CM or someone who knows more than I do about this subject could chime in if they happen to be reading this.

-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 12-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #7
iuki
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Joshua_me;46855170]I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere, or this thread has to be taken down for legal reasons.

............In short, as a woman and her child were stepping off of the boat at the end of the ride, another boat rammed them from behind, sending the woman who had one foot on the dock and one foot still in the boat at the time flying backwards onto the floor of the boat.

She is claiming several injuries and is suing Disney for the cost of the future surgeries to fix the problems with her back and such..............

Despite having many cameras around the park, they can't be "everywhere" recording "everything".

Disney should be responsible for any expenses and injury to this woman. The only thing I have issue with, is that the "witness" said that a CM kept the woman from falling and that the CM was injured. If this is the case, I hope the petitioner does not "exaggerate" what really happened, saying she fell on her back on the floor of the boat, because it would only hurt her case, discrediting her testimony.

iuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: