Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #16
FlyingBelle
Official Tag Fairy Underwear Designer
"MacGyver's" her bras with duct tape and toilet paper
Frutty Pebbles doesn't taste the same with ranch dressing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbugz View Post
I should add the detail that my kids are just too old to enjoy Bug's Land. I bet it is fun for the preschool set though.
You got that right - we usually go with the preschool set and it's a MUST DO for our crowd!
Many times as a child | Fort Wilderness Campground 1996 | Off-Property Mar 1999 | CS May 1999 | ASSp Aug 1999 | Dixie Landings Jan 2000 | Dixie Landings Feb 2001| WL Feb 2002 | Disney Wonder Cruise Jan 2003 | WL Sep 2004 | Swan Feb 2005 |WL Oct 2005 | POR - Aug 2006 | WLV - Jan/Feb 2007 | WL Family Trip - Sep 2008! Bella's first trip to Disney! | Buena Vista Suites - Dec 08 | Disneyland - Nov 2009 | Disneyland - June 2010 | POP - July 2010 Disneyland - October 2010 | ASMu & Disney Wonder December 2010 | ASMu Jan 2011| Disneyland Sept 2011 | ASMu Jan 2012 | No Kids Trip! Pirate room at CB - Mar 2012| Disneyland - April 2012| Disneyland - July 2012| Disneyland - August 2012 | ASSp - September 2012| Disney Dream 3 night cruise - Nov 2012 | Split-Stay: AKL - Feb 2014/ASMo - March 2014
FlyingBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #17
HollyL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue32 View Post
We only waited about 10 min. for Luigi's and I still felt let down. The que is nice but the ride is boring.

I still think this ride will be around for a while because it fits in so well to the area.

Bug's Land is a neat area but this land could really use some different rides. Heimlich's train is amusing, but the other rides are all recycled and could stand to be replaced by something original.
Yeah, I left Bugsland feeling "blah". My 4 year old and I did most of the rides there with a 5 minute or less wait, but they were pretty boring. The ladybugs don't even spin. Once the kids are older, that is definitely a section we will be skipping.
HollyL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #18
Jkpark
DIS Veteran

Agree with a lot of these comments. We waited less than 10 for Luigi's when there were beach balls - we enjoyed it but I wouldn't wait in a line for that. Not sure I would ride Nemo again regardless of line. Same goes for Storybook Canal Boats - finally rode it one day with no line and the second I was on I just wanted to be off doing something else. Not a big Roger Rabbit fan so we only do that with no line if we happen to be over there. Our girls do enjoy Bugs Land but we won't ride if there are lines - we will play in the water instead (and grab a churro).

WDW: Dec '85 (offsite), May '01 (offsite), Nov '02 (POFQ/Swan), Jan '07 (POP), Oct '08 (offsite), May '11 (SSR), Sept '12 (offsite/BLT)
March 2012 Aulani
Plus lots of trips to Disneyland
Jkpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #19
bcla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCLV View Post
Yeah my favorite part of that Nemo ride was when that hatch opened at the end and I could get off. I was feeling very claustrophobic in there, and I used to go spelunking.

The one ride I really don't like the long wait for is Peter Pan. You wait on line forever, then you just zing through the ride in less than a minute (or at least it seems that way).
I have fond memories of that ride as a kid. I guess to each his own.
bcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #20
bcla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyL View Post
Yeah, I left Bugsland feeling "blah". My 4 year old and I did most of the rides there with a 5 minute or less wait, but they were pretty boring. The ladybugs don't even spin. Once the kids are older, that is definitely a section we will be skipping.
It serves a purpose. We had about an hour to wait for our Tower of Terro FPs, and we actually rode all four rides at A Bug's Land. It could be a useful time killer.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #21
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess

I didn't LOVE Luigi's, but we didn't hate it. DD4 actually really liked it and we all had fun trying to make it maneuver.

Now Nemo (or the Subs prior) - that's a letdown.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #22
Priory
DIS Veteran

I hated Indy the first time I rode it. Lol. I was there opening week. Waited nearly 4 hours with the line starting near Village Haus. I was about 13 and there was no such thing as smartphones or mobile gaming to occupy the time (although we had our nifty cave etching decoder cards for the queue). After, I felt it wasn't worth the wait. It didn't help that I hadn't seen any of the movies either. Of course now it's in my top 5 favorites... But at the time I was not impressed.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #23
SeanCLV
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcla View Post
I have fond memories of that ride as a kid. I guess to each his own.
Yeah I know I am in the very small minority when it comes to not liking the Peter Pan Ride.
SeanCLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #24
disneyobsessed808
DIS Veteran

Luigi's Flying Tires for sure. Waited 30 minutes and was like "Is that it?!"

I'm not a fan of waiting for Goofy's Sky School either.

Tokyo Disney Resort May 2009, Nov 2012 Check out my Nov 2012 Tokyo Trip Report
Disneyland Resort May 2000 (Disneyland Hotel), Jan 2001, Mar 2004, Oct 2005, Nov 2006, Annual Passholder since 2007
Walt Disney World 1987 (I was 2) Mar 1997, Jul 2002 (All Star Movies), May 2007 (Pop Century)
disneyobsessed808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #25
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!

We rode Luigi's with about a 5 minute wait......that I can do. Wouldn't wait much longer.
And will NOT wait long for RSR again either. It was cute and all, but I guess I was expecting more.
Haven't been on the Nemo subs, hated the subs the first time around when I was young.
There really isn't much I will wait in line for very long. I try to time things so I don't have to.
Walked on Little Mermaid.....again cute, but not standing in line for it.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #26
CactusJack
Been there, done that, going back

Definitely Luigi's Flying Tires. Very disappointed in it, especially after a 30 min wait.
CactusJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #27
Aust
DIS Veteran

The dodgem cars in A Bug's Land - I can't remember the name, but the one under the big top-like tent. We waitied almost 30 minutes in September, it was extremely hot and humid even under cover, and it was soooo sllooowww to load - the CM's would miscount how many people could go on, have to get some people back out, then realise they had spare cars, but they'd leave them empty only to put people in them the next cycle. It was painful. And then once we actually got on, it's no different to any similar ride at a carnival.
2007 DLR (DLH)
1991 DL Tokyo
Aust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #28
Midnightred
DIS Veteran

Autopia! I know it's a classic, but we waited so long in the rain last time we were there, and it was a huge let down. A CM had to actually get in the car with my son to finish driving for him. He was 9 at the time, but is autistic. He insisted on driving the car alone. He had traffic backed up forever while I was screaming in the car ahead of him, "push the pedal, go"!! What a nightmare! Maybe when he's older, but with a fastpass!

Midnightred
Midnightred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #29
MissMichigan
A most peculiar mademoiselle

Little Mermaid. I was so excited to go on this after watching all the videos and sneak peak stuff. I rode it in October 2011, waited about 30 minutes, and wished I hadn't wasted the time I could have been on Screamin' or something. It was a cute ride, and the music was fun, but I think I had my hopes too high for it.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #30
bcla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aust View Post
The dodgem cars in A Bug's Land - I can't remember the name, but the one under the big top-like tent. We waitied almost 30 minutes in September, it was extremely hot and humid even under cover, and it was soooo sllooowww to load - the CM's would miscount how many people could go on, have to get some people back out, then realise they had spare cars, but they'd leave them empty only to put people in them the next cycle. It was painful. And then once we actually got on, it's no different to any similar ride at a carnival.
It's not like any other similar ride. Its speed is considerably slower than most bumper car rides I've ridden. The Tuck and Roll gibberish did make things a bit more interesting. My kid loved it though, and my wife probably wouldn't let us ride a real bumper car.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: