Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #751
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I'm looking too ....... but I don't know anything about Fat Wallet ....
You just sign up for a free account and click through them before shopping online. They have cash back for a lot of different places.

I should mention, although I got notice about my cash back from Orbitz, I have yet to recieve anything about my hotels.com ressie that I booked way before the Orbitz one.

I don't know if the different vendors submit at different times or something. The email I did get said Orbitz contacted them to give them the cash back info so I'm guessing hotels.com has not yet done that.
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS 10) (DS 9)(DS 7)(DD 2)
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!




.
i_heart_the_mouse is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #752
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

iheart - I guess its worth a try, I am still trying to decide if I want to change it to an Orbitz booking. Do you remember if the hotel charge showed up on your statement from Orbitz or Disney? I am thinking I remember a few years ago it coming up as Orbitz.
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #753
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,318

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
You just sign up for a free account and click through them before shopping online. They have cash back for a lot of different places.

I should mention, although I got notice about my cash back from Orbitz, I have yet to recieve anything about my hotels.com ressie that I booked way before the Orbitz one.

I don't know if the different vendors submit at different times or something. The email I did get said Orbitz contacted them to give them the cash back info so I'm guessing hotels.com has not yet done that.
Another question .... when you book thru Orbitz how do you do your ME?
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #754
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I guess its worth a try, I am still trying to decide if I want to change it to an Orbitz booking. Do you remember if the hotel charge showed up on your statement from Orbitz or Disney? I am thinking I remember a few years ago it coming up as Orbitz.
It comes up as Orbtiz.

I admit to being very skeptical of booking non direct myself. It feels scary. Both of my ressies pull up when I enter them on mydisneyreservation.com so I feel pretty confident that they are ok, but still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Another question .... when you book thru Orbitz how do you do your ME?
It came up right on my final booking page to add ME. Once booked, it then gives you a link to go straight to the ME site to fill out your info to finalize the ME reservation. I haven't received my packet yet, but I got a confirmation email from ME that I had a reservation.
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS 10) (DS 9)(DS 7)(DD 2)
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!




.
i_heart_the_mouse is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #755
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

Yeah I am definitely skeptical about booking through Orbitz, I always have a problem when I book through a third party.

If I book thorugh Orbitz I save about $65 total, which is on the cusp of being worth the worry. But if FatWallet comes through that would be another $80 or so.

My other issue is that I had already bought Dis GC's to pay for the room, which I could use for food and then whatever is left over save for whenever our next trip will be. So do I feel like coming out of pocket for another $1200 right now, especially with Hanukkah starting this weekend and DH's job still iffy.

Ugh, no sleep and a head cold are not good for these kinds of decisions
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #756
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Yeah I am definitely skeptical about booking through Orbitz, I always have a problem when I book through a third party.

If I book thorugh Orbitz I save about $65 total, which is on the cusp of being worth the worry. But if FatWallet comes through that would be another $80 or so.

My other issue is that I had already bought Dis GC's to pay for the room, which I could use for food and then whatever is left over save for whenever our next trip will be. So do I feel like coming out of pocket for another $1200 right now, especially with Hanukkah starting this weekend and DH's job still iffy.

Ugh, no sleep and a head cold are not good for these kinds of decisions
I don't know that I'd put the money out if you already have GCs. Hope you feel better soon
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS 10) (DS 9)(DS 7)(DD 2)
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!




.
i_heart_the_mouse is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #757
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I'm looking too ....... but I don't know anything about Fat Wallet ....
Me either...you have to pay in full with Orbitz right???

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
They wouldnt let me into ed with the kids. They gave him fluids no insulin. Never rechecked bs before he left .They forgot to give us a script for strips, but charged us 500 dollars. Called nurse manager to complain. Not happy with pcp for not treating him I really I didnt thi.k he needed to go to ed in the first place. Pcp was completely freaked out by his bs and wouldnt do anything. I guess he has to cover his behind. Spent a lot of money for something could have been treated by pcp.
Ugh! Agreed PCP could've handled it..some outpt labs...etc...And to let him go without a recheck I have no comment.... Yes I do..that all stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Yeah I am definitely skeptical about booking through Orbitz, I always have a problem when I book through a third party.



Ugh, no sleep and a head cold are not good for these kinds of decisions
Sleep on it Melissa!!!!

Oh, and I booked our Beach visit the week before YC...Anna Maria Island, looks beautiful, we've never been there...now I am wondering ...drop CL (it would pay for Beach.....)
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #758
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,318

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
I don't know that I'd put the money out if you already have GCs. Hope you feel better soon
Did your DH actually get the % rebate. I noticed that it says up to 7.5%. I was also reading some reviews that stated the amount was a lot less ... of course they were all on airfare not hotels .... complaints were about Orbitz not Fat Wallet.
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #759
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Did your DH actually get the % rebate. I noticed that it says up to 7.5%. I was also reading some reviews that stated the amount was a lot less ... of course they were all on airfare not hotels .... complaints were about Orbitz not Fat Wallet.
He's never done cash back for a hotel just purchases from online stores, but he's always gotten what he was supposed to.

Airfare is not a 7.5% category, so whoever booked that probably didn't read the fine print. Here's what I copied from Fat Wallet about Orbitz.

Cash Back Amount
$3.50 Cash Back available on Airfare
$4.00 Cash Back available on Car Rentals
3.30% Cash Back available on Retail Hotels (those paid for upon arrival at the hotel)
7.50% Cash Back available on Merchant Hotels (those paid for before arriving at the hotel)
4.00% Cash Back available on Packages
5.00% Cash Back available on Activities
$30.00 Cash Back available on Cruises



My cash back email shows the right amounts and percentages.
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS 10) (DS 9)(DS 7)(DD 2)
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!




.
i_heart_the_mouse is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #760
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,366

How crow...WL Deluxe room is on sale


Hang on...only 5%....but still
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #761
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,318

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
He's never done cash back for a hotel just purchases from online stores, but he's always gotten what he was supposed to.

Airfare is not a 7.5% category, so whoever booked that probably didn't read the fine print. Here's what I copied from Fat Wallet about Orbitz.

Cash Back Amount
$3.50 Cash Back available on Airfare
$4.00 Cash Back available on Car Rentals
3.30% Cash Back available on Retail Hotels (those paid for upon arrival at the hotel)
7.50% Cash Back available on Merchant Hotels (those paid for before arriving at the hotel)
4.00% Cash Back available on Packages
5.00% Cash Back available on Activities
$30.00 Cash Back available on Cruises



My cash back email shows the right amounts and percentages.

One more question and then I promise to leave you alone!!! When your DH used Fat Wallet was the rebate (or whatever you call) come as a credit to use at the store or did he get a check in the mail???? Thanks for all your help!!! You rock!!!!
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #762
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,318

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
How crow...WL Deluxe room is on sale


Hang on...only 5%....but still

What dates are you looking for????
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #763
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
What dates are you looking for????
Jan 8-11th
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #764
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,318

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Jan 8-11th
LOVE IT!!! Have you checked the AP site for those dates .... we have a regular woods view with 37% off.
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #765
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
LOVE IT!!! Have you checked the AP site for those dates .... we have a regular woods view with 37% off.
I did
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.