Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #106
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suburbs of Philadelphia
Posts: 8,413

Quote:
Originally Posted by party-of-five View Post
This time next week, we will be taking a family stroll around the lake!!
Ahhhhhh



IMGP7111 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

.
__________________
Kris
Ilivetogo is offline  
Old 12-04-2012, 10:47 AM   #107
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,462

Two more days and we will be "home."

Here's a photo from our recent trip for those of you who aren't following my TR; if you see us, please stop us and say hello.

__________________
KatMark is online now  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #108
pooki1
Mouseketeer
 
pooki1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Alaska
Posts: 126

Going back in Feb.! Oh yes Cabanas 9B you will be mine!
__________________
pooki1 is offline  
Old 12-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #109
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suburbs of Philadelphia
Posts: 8,413

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooki1 View Post
Going back in Feb.! Oh yes Cabanas 9B you will be mine!
Close enough!!


IMGP7199 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr


IMGP7077 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

.
__________________
Kris
Ilivetogo is offline  
Old 12-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #110
gapoochi
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 184

4 days and we'll be there! This pic made my day...made it more real Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
Ahhhhhh



IMGP7111 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

.
__________________
gapoochi is offline  
Old 12-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #111
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suburbs of Philadelphia
Posts: 8,413

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapoochi View Post
4 days and we'll be there! This pic made my day...made it more real Thank you!!
You're welcome!!!



IMGP7053 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

.
__________________
Kris
Ilivetogo is offline  
Old 12-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #112
party-of-five
Mouseketeer
 
party-of-five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Central MA
Posts: 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
Ahhhhhh



IMGP7111 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

.


Ahhhhh is just what I was thinking. I'm so ready to be there!

Thanks for the pics - they are beautiful.
__________________
DH Me DS12 DD10 DS7 DS1
party-of-five is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #113
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suburbs of Philadelphia
Posts: 8,413

Quote:
Originally Posted by party-of-five View Post
Ahhhhh is just what I was thinking. I'm so ready to be there!

Thanks for the pics - they are beautiful.
You're welcome! Can't you just see yourself standing in line ... ???



IMGP0586 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

.
__________________
Kris
Ilivetogo is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #114
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,462

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
You're welcome! Can't you just see yourself standing in line ... ???



IMGP0586 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

.
I'll be in that line tomorrow.
__________________
KatMark is online now  
Old 12-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #115
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suburbs of Philadelphia
Posts: 8,413

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'll be in that line tomorrow.
Sweeeet

.
__________________
Kris
Ilivetogo is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #116
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran
 
MADnNOLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 687

Water View vs. Standard View

Is it worth the additional $$?

I am about to book my trip, and looking at what would be the difference. I am not sure I would spend a lot of time in my room. I would spend most of my resort time at the pool, jacuzzi, etc.

Is the parking lot view so bad?

How lucky would I be to get a courtyard view and/or top floor as a request in a Standard View?

I've stayed at the Values before (PoP & ASMu) with parking lot views and it made no difference to me - but I was on the 3rd floor each time.

Thanks!
__________________
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

MADnNOLA is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #117
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,462

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADnNOLA View Post
Is it worth the additional $$?

I am about to book my trip, and looking at what would be the difference. I am not sure I would spend a lot of time in my room. I would spend most of my resort time at the pool, jacuzzi, etc.

Is the parking lot view so bad?

How lucky would I be to get a courtyard view and/or top floor as a request in a Standard View?

I've stayed at the Values before (PoP & ASMu) with parking lot views and it made no difference to me - but I was on the 3rd floor each time.

Thanks!

Not worth it to me. You aren't in the room long enough and you'd have to keep the curtains open to see anything. I cant' comment on the parking lot view as I've never had one.
__________________
KatMark is online now  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #118
Glenn&Sharon
Earning My Ears
 
Glenn&Sharon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northeastern PA
Posts: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Not worth it to me. You aren't in the room long enough and you'd have to keep the curtains open to see anything. I cant' comment on the parking lot view as I've never had one.
Even parking lot views are not so bad. There are lots of trees and such. And you do not spend much time looking out your window.
__________________
- No trip planned -
Glenn&Sharon is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #119
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran
 
MADnNOLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn&Sharon View Post
Even parking lot views are not so bad. There are lots of trees and such. And you do not spend much time looking out your window.
This was kind of my thought. Since I didn't mind at the Values parking lot view, and I won't be in my room for any length of time other to sleep, clean up, I didn't think the extra $$ was worth it. But always great to get some extra opinions!

No matter what, it is a beautiful resort and at Disney!
__________________
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

MADnNOLA is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #120
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,462

Just a little over 24 hours, and I hope to be laying in this:

__________________
KatMark is online now  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: