Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #16
Vala
DIS Veteran

Chapter 4: part 3

Note to self: eat slower. I have my dessert already and am still missing half of the cast.

Cinderella shows up next:

Philip and Aurora are ready to leave again. Rats. Wait, did I yell that loud? Oops. I think I did, Philip seems to have noticed my panic and steers Aurora my way. *tries to look innocent* Philip is a really chatty one and definitely one of the better looking princes I've met.

I go on Buzz again and kill some time taking pictures until it’s time to meet with the guys from yesterday for Magical Moment.

Magical Moment does have standard cast with Pluto, munkies, Goofy, Mickey and Minnie and Gepetto.

The skies open again, so we end up hiding in Videopolis for a while until the weather clears up enough so we can take more pictures.

The pin board is out at Harringtons, but unfortunately it’s the non-impressive one. We end up doing some trades, but nothing too spectacular.

But Jack and Sally are out together, so we make a quick dash there. Sorry, no photos yet, those are on a different camera.

Some picture taking:

In the end we decide on Lucky Nugget for dinner. The place does have a sizeable line again, although now you pay at the table and not before eating. Déjà vu anyone?

I decide on the Halloween menu and we end up getting cold burgers. Charming. At least we’re getting new replacements when we complain. Still they have no soda (the free refills were one of the reasons we went there) and all you get is a bottle of water or an orange juice. Hmpf.

(The burger tasted nice - but the food temperature has always been an issue for me at Lucky Nugget. Actually it was the reason why I hadn't been in over a year.)

Halloween Dessert - which I swapped one of the guys for a sundae that wasn't too impressive - so unimpressive I actually forgot to take a picture:

We do some pin trading in World of Disney and the Disney Store before going back to the hotel to figure out a larger multi trade we were talking about online. I'll spare you the details of "like the size of your stash? I'm quite happy with the size of mine."

That concludes day 4. Day 5 should be up tonight or tomorrow.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #17
Vala
DIS Veteran

Chapter 5 (November 3): The rain rain rain came down down down

It’s pouring. Again. I leave my pin bags in storage, won't be many traders out today anyway.

Cheyenne has no one exciting, no Pascal on the lanyards either.

Quote the Raven nevermore!

Sequoia offers a surprise though… Witch Minnie in a totally different costume. Now where did they dig that out?

Earl of Sandwich is closed. No breakfast for me, boo! When I try to leave World of Disney the storm hits, and badly at that. I flee to Disneyland Hotel.

Donald and Daisy are in the lobby. I quickly go and meet Daisy

before heading for the photo stop. Again the usual suspects, but Donald and Daisy are coming up together soon. As the rain is still coming down I get some candy in the store and plop myself on a sofa to wait. At least in here I am safe and warm – better than possibly drowning outside!

The rain does let up a bit after that and I go to check out the castle stage again. At that point for some reason I was convinced that I didn’t have a picture with Minnie in her Halloween costume yet.

The guys stop by to catch the band that’s supposed to be playing before the show, but the performance is cancelled due to the weather. However, Trick or Treat ends up happening.

In case you haven’t noticed: Yes, I do really like the chipmunks.

Despite the pushing I eventually get through to Minnie.

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #18
Vala
DIS Veteran

Chapter 5: Part 2

While walking to the Pavillion I spot Facilier being a gentleman.

At the Pavillion it is Tiana and Cinderella. This time I get Tiana, no tears needed. It’s the one I met in July and surprisingly enough she remembers me.

The skies do look a little clearer, but again no Stars N Cars characters out in the Studios. Hmpf.

Back to the Pavillion…

Surprise! It’s Rapunzel!

The sun has actually come out. SUN. Hello stranger.

I’ve carried the camera with me all day, so I may as well go and check out Stars N Cars. The Disney Star meeting in the backlot is a very cheerful Pluto.

Stars N Cars shots:

Old 12-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #19
Vala
DIS Veteran

Chapter 5: part 3

The Magical Moment does again have rather standard cast:

Poor Donald and Daisy are more or less ignored, so I quickly get a shot with the one and only Duck:

I’m having dinner with the guys at Silver Spur. One of the reasons for that being that the piano player has taken refugee from the rain in there.

We wander around taking pictures

until it’s time.

Silver Spur also has the Halloween decoration still up

and some quite intriguing chairs.

I’m not really in the mood for Starters, but the Sheriff’s Menu offers the choice of a dessert I definitely want with a main I am considering combined with an appetizer I don’t really care about, and it’s cheaper. So… Sheriff’s Menu it is.

The piano player comes in soonish and even comes to our table to take pictures with us when we’re the only ones in the restaurant loudly clapping upon his entrance.

My starter… Red Bean Far West soup.

It was okay, a little on the peppery side. It was quite creamy. The more traditional recipe for German bean soup is more in the direction of a stew. Maybe that’s what threw me off.

Service was almost too fast for our likings. They took an unfinished starter away while he person eating was snapping pictures of the piano player and brought out the main not even 2 minutes later.

My main – the ravioli.

I know, I know. I am in a steakhouse. How can I possibly eat ravioli? The reason for that is that the French understanding of “well done” and my understanding of “well done” are at least three worlds apart.

The ravioli were tasty and I liked the dish overall. What really threw me off was that the vegetables were more the salad type and cold. I was expecting some ratatouille style, but at least thought they’d be warm.

The Dreams Pass cocktail:

And heaven on a plate, aka Thunder Mesa Cheesecake:

After that we go and do some more pin trading in World of Disney and Disney Store. They must be hiding all Cast Member pins in there now.

At the hotel I bid good bye to the guys, they’re going home tomorrow.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:48 AM   #20
Vala
DIS Veteran

Chapter 6 (November 4): Sunday with a flu

Well not quite a flu or even the flu, but I definitely got a sore throat now. Guess all the rain is taking its toll.

No exciting characters at the first stops of my hotel route,

so I stop for an extended breakfast at Earl of Sandwich. I have the Royal Brunch booked at 1 PM and I need to hold in there.

A quick stop over at the Village later I own a new Tiana shirt… in size XL. I am fitting into a French XL shirt!

DLH also doesn’t have exciting characters at the meet and greet, but… White Rabbit and Friar Tuck are in the lobby! Cue very bouncy Vala.

Christmas is drawing closer...

I meet a French guy also taking character pictures who’s also solo. His English is worse than Yohann’s, but with a little more flailing of arms added in we get along just fine.

We decide to team up and go and meet the villains – Shan Yu and Ratcliffe for starters.

Ratcliffe tries to teach some kids how to pull the sword from the stone and fails.

Unfortunately no Piglet out at Small World today, so we go to check out the Trick or Treat show again. This time they have the band appearing first. My new friend seems to have misunderstood my intentions with the small camera for characters and is incredibly amused when I pull the large one out for show pictures.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:49 AM   #21
Vala
DIS Veteran

Chapter 6: part 2

After the show Facilier and Mali are out and I get some more pictures.

I like the title my new buddy has given Facilier: "the real mayor of Disneyland Paris."

We head over to Princess Pavillion where we meet Cinderella.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:59 AM   #22
Vala
DIS Veteran

Chapter 6: part 3

On our way to Meet Mickey too something distracts me at the Alice Labyrinth. Alice and the Hatter. At the tea party back drop, and with some sort of organised line! Huh? I get my team mate’s attention and we line up. It’s an English speaking Alice this time and she’s extremely nice. A cool Hatter too. They are very excited about the tea party drawing I did and spend a good 5 minutes with us. Thanks to Alice I get to know my new buddy’s name: it’s Christian.

We go to meet Mickey

and aim to head back for the villains when I spot a red cap moving. The cap has a flag on it. The Tweedles. Near the Teacups. Aarrgh!!!

Christian hasn’t seen them and I end up having to yell “STOP!” to get his attention. We join the scrum, the Tweedles like the drawing and Christian gets his pictures.

Alice has meanwhile stopped her set and comes over to tell the Tweedles she’s going for tea now.

It would be my turn now, but now the Tweedles cower in fear behind their handler. Wait, what have I done wrong? Wait… I am in Christmas mode. I am wearing my Jack Skellington hat and not my Tink cap. Are they scared of Jack? I take the hat off and hide it behind my back. The Tweedles start to bounce and clap. I get my picture, albeit one with serious hat hair.

Wait… if there’s characters out here the Stars N Cars characters must be out too. Gaaaah!! I try to get this across to Christian and fail. I do manage to get it across that I have to go. Too bad, I think he would have liked it too.

I make it from Small World gates to the Studio Front Lot in a little over 5 minutes, and I swear I didn’t run… well most of the time. And I only jumped over one stroller too. Plus I actually slowed down to thate this picture of the band:

There’s a crowd in the Front Lot. I see beaks. Donald and Daisy. Lilo and Stitch should be in the Front Lot too if the set is on, but at first glance I can’t see them. Maybe they’re near Animagique where the others should be.

I rush through Studio 1 and find the Animagique area full of characters. Rats, rats, rats, where are the rats?!?! The first character I am spotting though is short and red and doesn’t have much of a line. MUSHU!!!! *squeals* De-tour. Mushu doesn’t have a big crowd, he spots the drawing quickly and I get my picture too.

The Ratatouille rats are out in front of Animagique and have a large crowd. *puts on serious face and grabs imaginary pitchfork* Let me through to my rats and no one will get hurt!

Some strategic moving later Emile catches sight of my Remy drawing and starts hitting his brother on the shoulder to get his attention. “Thank you Remy, I am glad you like it, that drawing is one of my favourites. And I got you too, Emile.” I pull out the other drawing which leads to both rats simultaneously trying to hug me while they both try to pull me into their respective arms. Rat sandwich! They finally decided on a group hug along with some group bouncing that would have made Tigger proud. I get my picture with both and as you can imagine am extremely happy.

Now who do I go for next… Ariel had no one with her when I ran for the rats – well I actually almost knocked her over I have to admit… but she’s gone now. Mushu has no one either, so I quickly go for him again and get another autograph.

Now where did the Evil Queen go, I thought I just saw that crown… nothing. Mary Poppins and Bert and Snow White and Dopey are on the stairs to the former stage area. As I can’t spot Stitch for the life of me I decide to try for Snow White and Dopey. Not that it will work out with the major mob around them, but I am not in the mood to try for Woody. At the Snow White area a miracle happens. One of the Inventions character handlers is with them. He spots me trying for a while and then decides after the duo has taken a photo with a handicapped kid: “She’s next.” Wait, he’s pointing at me?!? He helps me getting through. Snow White is very much on the ball and says she remembers me when I prompt her I only have Dopey’s drawing because she signed hers the day before.

NOW of course I spy Aladdin and Jasmine a little further away, but the set is over before I make it through the scrum.

For a moment I seriously consider risking waiting if they come back after a short break, I’ve been told it happens from time to time. But I have that brunch reservation and the staff said it’s Princes visiting… maybe Naveen is at DLH.

I hurry over to my brunch and make it only 5 minutes late. I’m back at my new lucky spot at the Dessert buffet. Also they serve champagne again - maybe this is a regular thing now?

The first characters I see are Suzy and Perla. Oh dear… does this mean boyfriend’s and my first suspicion that they just moved the Auberge characters is right?

At least I am really, really lucky – just when the two are about two leave Cinderella and Prince Charming show up and a CM that knows me meanwhile (she always volunteers to take pictures and has just taken the one with the mice) is on the ball and asks them if I can get a group shot. Yay!!!

Cinderella also allows me a solo shot with Charming.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:00 AM   #23
Vala
DIS Veteran

Chapter 6: part 4

Poor Charming is a little at a loss when I ask him to sign a picture.

If you are watching Supernatural: please tell me I am not going mad and the Prince does indeed look like a younger version of the actor portraying Castiel!

The food is absolutely stunning. Almost as good as the Halloween brunch. They have replaced some dishes, but brought others out instead. There’s still a slight issue with labelling though. The kid sitting next to me is not quite impressed when the cheese in “speck and cheese” turns out to be goat’s cheese.

Starters:

Have you spotted the forgotten pumpkins?

Main courses:

And desserts:

Those were so delicious.

Princess Minnie and Mickey arrive next. I get to meet Minnie first.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:02 AM   #24
Vala
DIS Veteran

Chapter 6: part 5

When it’s Mickey’s turn Chip shows up (not in the cute costume from Valentine’s Day… boo!) and I end up with a double photo because he and Mickey can’t quite agree who gets to go first.

Okay, I guess that answers the question if this is Auberge reloaded – it is. Despite what both Inventions staff and reservation hotline were telling people Charming and Mickey are the only princes attending. It’s not that the Brunch is bad, but I feel quite cheated.

I leave after meeting Dale.

Pluto is around too, but he doesn’t wear a special costume. And with the weather apparently being good enough to have more characters out... sorry Pluto, but I will go hunting.

In the lobby I bump into Eeyore.

Leaving early gets me through in time just before the Princess Pavillion closes and I finally meet Belle.

Off to Pueblo, but I am sidetracked when I spot Jack Sparrow, this time on the stage they used for the Peter Pan show. A lot of kids around so I don’t really think my chances are high. But Jack stuns me and pulls me out of the crowd – attracted and intrigued by “the sparkly things”. My pin lanyard. And so we learn: when we go hunting for pirates don’t forget the sparkly stuff.

Pueblo is closed. So much for making the effort to go.

Back to the DLH for the Magical Moment. Maybe I shouldn’t have bothered… just like Sunday in July it’s the special brunch guests plus the standard cast: Cinderella, Charming, Suzy, Perla, Mickey, Minnie and again for some reason Pinocchio.

Hmm… let’s see if I can get my Bella Notte spot for the parade. And indeed I can although it’s only 20 minutes out. Thankfully this time the parade comes down from Small World.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:04 AM   #25
Vala
DIS Veteran

Chapter 6: part 6

The really annoying thing? Three people filming with iPads were stretching the rope to the limit. There was areally one big dent of at least 25 people standing half way in the parade route. I seriously expected them to get run over. Did a CM intervene? I guess you can answer that question yourself.

The villains were out late the day before. It’s not that late yet and it’s their last day. Let’s try again. Last time I will see most of them for almost a year.

Yay – the Hag is out again! She’s a walker too, but eventually stops in front of the balcony. Again people push in… she tolerates it with the smaller kids. But when a teenager tries she turns around to give a banshee scream at the girl in question and goes after her! The girl screams in utter panic and runs off, with the Hag giving chase! The girl tackles her companion using her as a shield and finally jumps in the flower beds! The Hag cackles madly, accompanied by some demented seal clapping – aka applause - from yours truly. Go Hag go!

For the rest of her set the girl stays in the flower bed. She tries to get off several times, but each time the Hag turns around, gives another scream and the girl is hiding behind her friend again. I think I have just fallen in love!

One ride on Small World later I find Suzy and Perla out near the Tea Cups. Is it full moon?

After another ride on Phantom Manor

I check Mr Jack’s meet and greet

and Sally is with him this time.

I decide to make Buzz my last official ride of the trip and get another new high score – not quite as good as my new record, but with 432800 still impressive.

Some more pin trading in World of Disney and Disney Store later it’s off to the hotel. I’m heading out tomorrow morning, I need to pack.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #26
Vala
DIS Veteran

Chapter 6 (November 5): I’ll be home for Christmas

Okay, maybe “I’ll come home from Christmas” is more correct. The hotels have switched to full fledged Christmas mode. DLH even has the nice big bauble with Stitch out already.

No interesting characters at any photo stops, not even when I track to Newport Bay. Which I admit wasn’t the best idea I ever had, I have a devil of a time getting back out due to the enormous lines for breakfast which are all in the stairway going down to the back exit.

The munkies are out at DLH at 10 AM, sounds like a nice last character meet. I’m planning to head over for EMH quickly… only to realize EMH is in the Studios this morning. D’Oh!

A quick walk through reveals no characters, but a queue for the Studios Tour that goes back almost to the doors of the Front Lot. Did I miss an update or something?

I turn to go back for my munkies Meet and Greet when I spot brown fur in the Front Lot. Munkies! Outside! Oh my god, when did that happen last? I jump into the melee, I so need a memento of that. Actually the whole meet goes surprisingly fast, I’m probably not the only one who missed the memo about Studio EMH.

I still have a little time and head into Disneyland Park, maybe I have luck with some random characters again. I seem to have used all my luck on the weekend though, nothing. The Central Plaza Pavillion is barricaded off, looks like they are either taking down the ghosts or putting the tree up. Possibly the latter as no one has bothered to remove the pumpkin on the castle stage.

Back to the hotel… problem. RER not coming. Eeek. Thank god I left enough time. I get the bags and again the train stops on the way, twice. You know, this is the Disneyland train – some non-French announcements would be nice! Thank god I left plenty of time. RER finally goes into Paris, no problems with Metro. Train home actually leaves 2 minutes early. Now that’s a first too.

And that concludes my trip report. Not sure if I successfully lost everyone, but going from the hits for this topic I guess there are at least some readers lurking somewhere.

I'll be back just in time before Christmas with a quick trip for the "Once Upon a Time in Disneyland Paris" Christmas pin event. That report probably won't be as picture heavy as this, but I promise I will be doing my best.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #27
PrincessKel
Mouseketeer

Tha k you for such a detailed report, really enjoyed reading it! I can't believe how many characters you met! Sounds like you got some really good character interaction too. The inventions Sunday brunch looks great, we are booked for the Xmas one on Sunday 23rd but is such a lot of money as there's five of us, I was considering cancelling it. Looks like its worth it though?
October 29th-1st Nov Disneyland Halloween Trip- Explorers
PrincessKel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #28
Vala
DIS Veteran

Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKel View Post
The inventions Sunday brunch looks great, we are booked for the Xmas one on Sunday 23rd but is such a lot of money as there's five of us, I was considering cancelling it. Looks like its worth it though?
I have yet to do the Christmas one - missing it by a week this time... grrrr - but yes, the special brunches I have done have always been worth it. They really go all out there. Plus they gave us a free Vinylmation, that eases the pain a little.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:39 AM   #29
CassieReynart
Mouseketeer

Thanks for answering my questions, Vala. It was luck really that we decided to go for valentines, I had planned it before our previous trip and then started secretly planting the idea in my OH's head whilst we were there... He then suggested it to me so he thought it was his idea!! This time we are taking my sister for her first visit and my OH's parents. We were going to do inventions on my birthday (13th) but I think we'll do it on 14th, the chances of better characters is a little bit higher then. Unfortunately we arrive Sunday at about 10pm and leave Saturday morning so we will miss the Brunch!

Future Trips - * Christmas 2014 *
//Previous Trips// Santa Fe Jan-Feb 2014 * Dream Castle / Sequoia October 2013 * Cheyenne / Sequoia Feb 2013 * Sequoia Sept 2012 * June 1997
CassieReynart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:14 AM   #30
Vala
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassieReynart View Post
Thanks for answering my questions, Vala. It was luck really that we decided to go for valentines, I had planned it before our previous trip and then started secretly planting the idea in my OH's head whilst we were there... He then suggested it to me so he thought it was his idea!! This time we are taking my sister for her first visit and my OH's parents. We were going to do inventions on my birthday (13th) but I think we'll do it on 14th, the chances of better characters is a little bit higher then. Unfortunately we arrive Sunday at about 10pm and leave Saturday morning so we will miss the Brunch!
Smart thinking.

You may have a character brunch on the 14th actually, sometimes they do it on the actual day.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: