Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
mamakitty
Earning My Ears

modifying a room only reservation due to injury

We have a reservation (ROOM ONLY) for 12/8 for 7 nights at CBR. My differently-abled daughter had a fall on Saturday and can't put weight on right leg. Xrays reveal no fractures so doc wants us to give it a couple more days then see ortho if it isn't getting better. We were supposed to begin the drive this Thursday. If it's resolving we would consider still going because she will be using her wheelchair 90% of the time. But she may need MRI etc. I know the policy says I can modify but would that mean change the dates entirely to Feb or March? We have 2 rooms booked with Disney and a flight from Travelocity for my oldest daughter so we are over $500 loss if we can't change things. Any help is greatly appreciated.
mamakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakitty
We have a reservation (ROOM ONLY) for 12/8 for 7 nights at CBR. My differently-abled daughter had a fall on Saturday and can't put weight on right leg. Xrays reveal no fractures so doc wants us to give it a couple more days then see ortho if it isn't getting better. We were supposed to begin the drive this Thursday. If it's resolving we would consider still going because she will be using her wheelchair 90% of the time. But she may need MRI etc. I know the policy says I can modify but would that mean change the dates entirely to Feb or March? We have 2 rooms booked with Disney and a flight from Travelocity for my oldest daughter so we are over $500 loss if we can't change things. Any help is greatly appreciated.
With Disney they can move the dates and apply them to the dates you want just in case the rates go up I did it before and was very easy not sure about the airline tickets but as long as you have dates to switch to they should be able to move it.

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
disney david
DIS Veteran

If you move it and it more money you can always call back if specail rate comes out and they will adjust it when I did it went from three days in oct to 6 in feb and asked if pass holder rates came out can we call and get that rate and they said yes. S I would call Disney and start their even if you don't move it they can look and answer question you have it was very easy it took one phone call.

Disney pretty good with making changes and helping I had to change a cruise and thought that Disney would be the hardest and the airline would be easy but Disney was so easy it was les then 15 min and was cheaper then what we found on their web site and the airline was harder.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:10 PM   #4
mamakitty
Earning My Ears

wording mistake

I meant to say in the original post... If I have to modify it would be Feb or March before we would be able to go again. I wasn't sure if they would only let you change by a day or two.

Last edited by mamakitty; 12-04-2012 at 11:17 PM.
mamakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:22 AM   #5
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakitty
I meant to say in the original post... If I have to modify it would be Feb or March before we would be able to go again. I wasn't sure if they would only let you change by a day or two.
No they will let you change to feb or march as long as you have other dates to try they will work with you.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #6
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

Disney will definitely try to work with you. They want to keep you happy so that you keep coming back, not anger you.

I am impressed with Disney's attitude toward helping their guests. I had to move dates due to surgery - they were very kind about it. Good luck to you! I hope your daughter is feeling better soon!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: