Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 07:25 AM   #31
MichelleinMaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andtototoo View Post
If we had younger kids in the house, there would be no shared bedrooms. I think that sets up a precedent I wouldn't want set. "Well, brother is only X years older and HE gets to have sex in the house, so why can't I?" Yeah, not going there. Way way easier not to even open that door.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #32
topolino
I don't mean those kind of gestures!
Not everything we eat needs to be healthy. Live a little!

Quote:
Originally Posted by java View Post
His girlfriend for Christmas break. I don't think she will be here on Christmas as her family is heading to Disney! How great is that.

He is going to a school that is 75% male to female ratio, and somehow he found a. Disney loving girl!

Now the big question. I know the my house my rules thing. Should I lay down the you can't sleep together in my house(we have other kids in the house) I am not sure how strongly I feel about it.
How are strangers on the internet supposed to know your moral compass better than you do?
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #33
ICF
DIS Veteran

In my house, they would be in separate beds.
ICF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #34
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

I'm 25 and bringing home my first boyfriend (in just over a week ). My parents' house will be packed, but I didn't dare even suggest us sharing a bed because I knew the answer. My older sister and her DH couldn't share a bed until they were married.

OP, if that's how you want it, that's how you want it. It's your house.
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

afnaechiquita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #35
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsjax View Post
I would not allow it. I would never allow it. No ring= no sleeping together in my house.
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #36
monkeybug
I feel safer when I know where they are than I do when they're crawlin' around unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acklander View Post
I know I'm in the minority here, but I didn't have a problem with my adult son sharing a room with his girlfriend when they visited. I think he was about 19 the first time the issue came up.
Around the end of 17/beginning of 18 we started to slowly shift our relationship from one of we're the parents, do as I say to one where we were letting him make his own decisions/choices and we were there for guidance if needed.
That being said, both dh and I have no problem at all with cohabitating couples, or think that there is anything abnormal about 18 and 19 year olds being involved in a sexual relationship without the benefit of marriage. So, being that we didnt have a moral objection, it wasn't that big of a deal.

To be fair, none of my kids are even close to this stage in their lives, but I imagine that this is how I would feel about it too.
monkeybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #37
lovemygoofy
Man I shot myself in the foot
I got new moves and everything ready for some serious tips
No, in case you ever wondered, golf carts can't float
Loved by many!

Honestly, I wouldn't even have a conversation. When the kids arrive, simply say Suzy's bed is made up in the office or in the girls' room or John is sleeping on the floor in the living room while Suzy takes his bed.

When I first went home to meet my future inlaws, I was graciously shown around the house and dropped at the guest bedroom and my husband taken down the hall to the childrens' room. We had no conversation about anything and all boundaries were respected.

If your son brings it up again, I would tell him the arrangements and make sure he knew they would not be changing.

Love doesn't make the world go around, it makes the ride worthwhile...
lovemygoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:34 AM   #38
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by topolino View Post
How are strangers on the internet supposed to know your moral compass better than you do?
I know where my morals lie. I am looking for just general opinions. And I appreciate each and every one of them.
java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #39
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by okeydokey View Post
Because of the younger siblings in the house, I would tell them separate rooms. It's only for a few nights, they can handle it.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #40
mjkacmom
DIS Veteran

I'm pretty liberal, but I'd have them sleep in different rooms, especially with the other kids there. However, make sure you let him know ahead of time, instead of telling them together (awkward!).

When DH and I were dating, my parents paid for our hotel room when we attended my sister's college graduation. I wouldn't have felt comfortable sleeping with him at their home.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #41
punkin
Went through pain just to look like a lopsided Whoopi Goldberg

Weird question. When DD20's BF (of a year) stays here, he is in a separate room. I never discussed it with my DD (nor the BF). I just told him where he would be sleeping. My house - my rules.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #42
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

Separate rooms. That's the way my parents did it and we abided by it. I'd choose the same. I do not think DD would even pose the question (esp. as a college freshman).

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #43
fae
Mouseketeer

At my parents' house, my boyfriend and I share a bed. I don't think my 8 year old little sister is going to be scarred for life over it. Just because we share a bed at night doesn't mean we're doing anything other than sleeping in it.

At his parents' house, we sleep in separate rooms and we're totally fine with that, as that is what makes his mother comfortable.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #44
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

There would be no questions about where DS and his girlfriend would sleep. If you aren't married, you won't be sharing a bed in our house.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #45
Keeblerelf928
Earning My Ears

My boyfriend and I shared a bed at my parent's house and his parents. My brother, than 4 at the time, now 8 has never questioned it. When my boyfriend and I bought our first home my brother 7 at the time said "now will you get married already???" We all laughed. 10 months later we still aren't married, but we did finally get engaged .

I don't think sharing a bed will do anything to the younger ones unless a big deal is made about it. More than likely they won't care. My younger brother just wants to call my boyfriend his brother.

For what it's worth we were 19/21 when we shared a bed and I was a college sophomore and he was senior. We are 25/27 now and still more in love than ever
Keeblerelf928 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: