Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #1426
oka1jeg
Earning My Ears

Venomhatch...I've been trying to send you a private message. Either they aren't going, or you are going to get 3 of the same message at once! Sorry!!

Let me know if you get it please....
Old 12-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #1427
That Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanialesser View Post
Hi everyone,
We are leaving tomorrow after 10 amazing days here at port orleans riverside. It has been fantastic! However we have some things we wont be taking home we would love to pass on if anyone could use them. We have a toaster, a loaf of bread unopened, a case of pop (half diet coke half diet with lime) half a case of dasani water, a half a tank of balloon hellium and balloons (long story and a 6th birthday). We also have things like pb and jam and apples if anyone is interested (these have been opened).

Please let me know asap as we leave early tmo, and I will send you my room number, we are in oak manor.
I would love to have the pop and water but we don't arrive until Thursday.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #1428
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by oka1jeg View Post
Venomhatch...I've been trying to send you a private message. Either they aren't going, or you are going to get 3 of the same message at once! Sorry!!

Let me know if you get it please....
I just got 4 messages from you replied to one of them. They were all the same message right?
Old 12-05-2012, 01:04 AM   #1429
SeniorPrincess
Earning My Ears

spreading the joy at POR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
I just got 4 messages from you replied to one of them. They were all the same message right?

Venomhatch, a new type of question for you. now that we are all set up in our preferred accommodations of our week's stay, we would like to explore how to spead our pixie dust upon one other deserving family per day. We are budgeting $10 per day to give away to an impressive kid or a long-suffering family or anyone else who needs a little boost to make their WDW day more magical.
Can you give us any hints about how to accomplish this goal during our week? E.g, we could just buy a cute kid gift each day and try to find an age-appropriate recipient to give it to. Or are there blank disney credit cards upon which we can gift an appropriate amount? Or would it be better to offer all the money to concierge on duty and let her pick the ones most in need of a special break? We don't want written or verbal thanks, to see their kid;s faces light up is what we hope for. Any ideas to help us spread our joy?
Old 12-05-2012, 05:51 AM   #1430
vtownpatty
Mouseketeer

SeniorPrincess - what a lovely idea! I love random acts of kindness. However you end up spreading your pixie dust will be wonderful.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 12-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #1431
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorPrincess View Post
Venomhatch, a new type of question for you. now that we are all set up in our preferred accommodations of our week's stay, we would like to explore how to spead our pixie dust upon one other deserving family per day. We are budgeting $10 per day to give away to an impressive kid or a long-suffering family or anyone else who needs a little boost to make their WDW day more magical.
Can you give us any hints about how to accomplish this goal during our week? E.g, we could just buy a cute kid gift each day and try to find an age-appropriate recipient to give it to. Or are there blank disney credit cards upon which we can gift an appropriate amount? Or would it be better to offer all the money to concierge on duty and let her pick the ones most in need of a special break? We don't want written or verbal thanks, to see their kid;s faces light up is what we hope for. Any ideas to help us spread our joy?
Wow. Just wow... Oh my I am touched by your generosity. I know I just patrol the gift shops sometimes and keep a few 10.00 preloaded gift cards on me. If I see a kid that just captures my heart with either something that I over hear them say, they just look so cute or nice in there outfits, or even if they look like they may need a lil help to have there experience a little bit more magical. I hand them a gift card and tell them that Mickey or Minnie asked me to pass this along to them. They light right up. I just say this because after a day in the parks I typically hangout in the gift shops before going to a room or leaving for the day.

What I would do is something similar preload a few gift cards keep them on you while your there and if you happen to see the same find a cast member and ask them to pass them along to the kid you point out and kind of blend in the area and watch the reaction if you want or you can just leave the CM will most likely take it to them. Just explain what your doing to the CM. They will for sure help spread the magic.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:30 AM   #1432
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

To Senior Princess & Venomhatch

It is so nice to read about generous giving people - especially after reading the current news that highlights the nastiness of some people. Thanks for starting off my day with a "really good feeling". Your generosity inspires me and I'm sure others to also do something "magical" for others.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #1433
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie's Nana View Post
To Senior Princess & Venomhatch

It is so nice to read about generous giving people - especially after reading the current news that highlights the nastiness of some people. Thanks for starting off my day with a "really good feeling". Your generosity inspires me and I'm sure others to also do something "magical" for others.
Thank you...

To be honest with everyone. I actually know what it is like to be hurting before. Where I know they are at Disney so they got here some how. That doesn't matter to me. What matters to me is their smiles on there face. The warm feeling that makes me tear up a little when some lil boy or girl deserving or recovering from something operation, sickness, whatever it may be. Disney is the happiest place on earth and I enjoy making it that much more happier everyday!
Old 12-05-2012, 08:21 AM   #1434
oka1jeg
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Yes, they were all the same message. I have had some "technical issues" using the website via laptop since I downloaded the DISboards app on my phone. I apologize for you receiving 4 from me.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #1435
oka1jeg
Earning My Ears

To SeniorPrincess and Venomhatch - AMAZING!! As others, I find your generosity and character inspiring. Great idea! And I hope to use this to teach lessons of generosity and selflessness to my kids.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #1436
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Yes, they were all the same message. I have had some "technical issues" using the website via laptop since I downloaded the DISboards app on my phone. I apologize for you receiving 4 from me.
No worries, just making sure I didn't miss anything.

Quote:
To SeniorPrincess and Venomhatch - AMAZING!! As others, I find your generosity and character inspiring. Great idea! And I hope to use this to teach lessons of generosity and selflessness to my kids.
Why thank you for the compliment.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #1437
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Mom View Post
I would love to have the pop and water but we don't arrive until Thursday.
There's nothing to stop someone from leaving items with Bell Services for when another guest checks in, just need to let them know the name and arrival date.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 12-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #1438
dillydilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillydilly View Post
Howdy! We just returned from a stay at POP and have booked a bounceback for a Sept 2013 stay at POR. I am so excited!! I have been browsing this thread today and I just wanted to say a quick thank you to all--it has been so helpful! We stayed at POR back in 2003 and enjoyed our stay. We were a family of 5 back then and we are now a family of 7, so 2 connecting rooms for us! I can't wait to be back.
I forgot to ask...I booked a garden view room because that was all that was available at the time. Is there a specific area I should request that anyone could recommend? I am sad to see that Boatwrights no longer serves breakfast.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #1439
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillydilly View Post
I forgot to ask...I booked a garden view room because that was all that was available at the time. Is there a specific area I should request that anyone could recommend? I am sad to see that Boatwrights no longer serves breakfast.
A bit hard to say unless you tell us your criteria - do you want a mansion building or Alligator Bayou room, near to food court, parking lot, bus stop, pool? If AB, then asking for buildings 16 or 17 are good choices.

I agree about breakfast at Boatwright's. They stopped it in Feb 2009, bad move IMHO.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 12-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #1440
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I agree about breakfast at Boatwright's. They stopped it in Feb 2009, bad move IMHO.

Andre
Yeah I was there that Feb and got breakfast, lil did I know they stopped it til we went back in 2010 and no joy!
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: