Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #196
DVC4US
DVC Member since 1998

Welcome Aboard! Bambi and welcome to the DIS Boards.

The DIS Boards is probably one of the best places to learn about Disney cruises. You can either look through some of the threads, use the search function, or just ask questions.

It's been a little while since my girls were that young so I really can't help with the excursions. On a 7-night cruise you will hit all three of the main dinning rooms at least twice. Out of the three restaurants I think your boys will really like Animator's Palate. If you would like to have an adult dinning experience I would suggest Palo for brunch or dinner.

There are several cruisers on this thread that have been on multiple cruises so if you have questions - ask away!

There is also a Facebook page going if you are on FB. It is a closed group with the same name as this thread so you will have to submit a request to be included.

DVC4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #197
Kbrush
Mouseketeer

Hi!
So fun to see more people joining in You should definitely think about joining our Facebook group as it does seem to be an easier conversation space.

I'm not sure if a second FE group has started up yet but I think it just needs someone to step up and organize it. I'm sure there will be enough families to make a big second group. Shonna, who organized the first FE sign up, could probably advise. We had a google doc spreadsheet where families could sign themselves up for the FE game. It is linked off of the Facebook page.

Anyways, welcome!

Karen
Mom to Allie (age 9)
Kbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #198
BambiFamily
Earning My Ears

Yay!!

Thank you for such a warm welcome!!! I just requested an invite to the FB group and am looking forward to chatting with cruisers there.

I will definitely talk to my husband about eating at Palo one evening. It would be great to have at least one "date night" on board!!

At first perusing through DIS boards seemed like an overwhelming task, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. I grew up in FL, was a cast member for 2 1/2 years, and have belonged to DVC for 6 years, so we never really too much advice on visiting WDW. But, cruising is an all new ballgame!!!! SOOOOO excited!!!!!!!

Anyway, thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Oh, and thank you, Karen, about advising me to talk to Shonna. I think coordinating a new FE group could be a lot of fun!! Perhaps once I get my feet wet over on the FB page, I can see how much interest there is on starting a new group. More than anything else, it would be great to meet new friends and for my boys to 'know' some other kids their age that are cruising with us. Josh, my oldest, will be celebrating an early birthday on the cruise (turning 9 on 4/2), so he'll be at that great age of independence.

Have a great day everyone!!!!
Bambi, David, Josh, and Theo
BambiFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #199
DVC4US
DVC Member since 1998

I know most people on here are talking on FB, but wanted to update the thread just in case someone is not on FB.

We are planning a DIS meet on embarkation day at 3pm in Vista Cafe.

Can't wait to meet everyone!

Old 12-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #200
calidaizie
Earning My Ears

Our First!

This will be our first Disney Cruise! I would love to participate in a fish extender, heard it's fun! Let me know if you start up another group
calidaizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #201
calidaizie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC4US View Post
Going to finally jump on "board"!

We have been booked on this cruise for a while and I am finally joining the thread.

We are doing a girls trip for spring break this time, so here is our group:

Cabin 8634

Me - LeiLani (I turn 50 this year so I figure why not celebrate a little early on
this cruise. )
DD - Alyssa 17 (Her birthday is 3/18 and she will turn 17)
DD's Best Friend - Skye 16

Cabin 8636

DD - Brittany 23
Future In-Law - Angie

A little more information about us. I am a stay at home mom and Alyssa, Skye, and I live in Iowa. Brittany and Angie live in Virginia. This is my 11th Disney cruise. Everyone except Skye has done multiple trips to WDW and multiple cruises. This will be Skye's first cruise!

Brittany met her fiance(David) on a Disney Christmas cruise in 2004 and now they are getting at WDW in June. So this trip is hopefully going to be a little calm time before the storm.

I will also put in a request to join the FB page.
My son will be celebrating his 8th bday on 3-18 too! SO excited
calidaizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #202
DVC4US
DVC Member since 1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by calidaizie View Post
My son will be celebrating his 8th bday on 3-18 too! SO excited
Awesome!! Looks like we have a few birthday celebrations on this cruise!

Old 01-18-2013, 08:56 PM   #203
love2disney
DIS Veteran

We would also like to join the cruise meet. I sent a request on FB
love2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #204
DVC4US
DVC Member since 1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2disney View Post
We would also like to join the cruise meet. I sent a request on FB
Welcome Aboard!!! Most of the chatting is being done on FB but I still like to check back here. See ya on FB.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #205
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

man i must be the only non-FB user. can anyone tell me the total number of people in our group?
DISNEYaddict4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:12 PM   #206
Kbrush
Mouseketeer

Not sure how many are in the group now. A second FE group started up as the first had reached 25 participant households/cabins/parties. There are also several folks who are part of the group but do not wish to play the FE present exchange game.
Kbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #207
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbrush View Post
Not sure how many are in the group now. A second FE group started up as the first had reached 25 participant households/cabins/parties. There are also several folks who are part of the group but do not wish to play the FE present exchange game.
I think if I counted right we have a total of:

90 peeps
43 adults ( 26 women - 17 men)
47 kids (31 girls - 16 boys)
DISNEYaddict4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #208
tootsiemr
DVC MEMBER

Red face Disney stuff for sale

VERY CUTY DISNEY STUFF FOR SALE

https://www.etsy.com/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

PAST MAGICAL CRUISES~*~*~
DVC MEMBER since 1993 DCL member silver
6/2001 WDW 11/2005 OKW / WDW
9/2006 WDW/BW/DISNEY WONDER 9/2009 GRAND FLORIDIAN/DISNEYLAND4/13/2012 WESTERN CARIBBEAN DISNEY FANTASY 4/20/2013 DISNEY FANTASY EASTERN CARIBBEAN 4/21/2014 DISNEY MAGIC BAHAMAS/WDW/AKL

DGF (Natasha or Tasha)
DBF (Will)

DS NATHANIEL FIRST TRIP APRIL 2014
tootsiemr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #209
NTOFD
Ready to go

Seven weeks from today we board.
2-3/09-B2B Magic, 8/09-AS,Wonder,WL, 12/09-Hard Rock,Wonder,Riverside, 3/10-Boardwalk,Magic, 10/10 Pop, 1/11-OKW, 2/17/11-B2B Dream, 4/27/11 Wonder LA-Vanc. Repo, 10/11 Dolphin, 2/16/12 Dream, FQ, 4/21/12 Fantasy, 6/15/12 NYC 2 Day Magic, 8/17/12 NYC 8 Day Magic, B2B Fantasy 3/17/13 Western & 3/23/13 Eastern to San Juan,11/20/13 Magic from Miami, Next 04/11/14 Magic
NTOFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #210
MariaJ
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC4US View Post
Welcome Aboard!!! Most of the chatting is being done on FB but I still like to check back here. See ya on FB.
We just booked on Thursday! I just sent FB request so I can join the fun!
MariaJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: