Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 04:23 AM   #766
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates2Princesses View Post
Also hoping for something soon or we may have to either forget staying onsite at a Disney resort all together or postpone our trip to late August when there is always some kind of discount since that is both value season and hurricane season
Staying offsite is what I'm doing. I have an AP, so can usually get a decent discount, however I decided not to wait and worry about discounts this year. Instead I booked a one bedroom villa at Wyndham Bonnet Creek through a third party for $895.00 for ten nights/eleven days (May 10th-20th). That's $89.50/night. An AP discount can't even beat that rate. I am not interested in the DDPs, planned on renting a car anyway, and this way I get a fully equipped kitchen, living room, two TVs, bedroom with king bed, washer/dryer, jaccuzi tub, and walk in shower in a deluxe resort that has nicer pools, hot tubs, two lazy rivers, and a mini golf course (plus a shuttle to the parks if I wanted to use them). Plus Bonnet Creek is pretty much right on property, so as close or closer than some of the WDW resorts. Seems like a no brainer for me (a one bedroom villa in a deluxe resort for less money than any discount I could possibly get from Disney for even a Value resort room and still physically on property.)

Last edited by aubriee; 12-08-2012 at 07:41 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #767
twoplustwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
That's what I'm doing. I have an AP, so can usually get a decent discount, however I decided not to wait and worry about discounts this year. Instead I booked a one bedroom villa at Wyndham Bonnet Creek through a third party for $895.00 for ten nights/eleven days (May 10th-20th). That's $89.50/night. An AP discount can't even beat that rate.
Looks like we are booking for Bonnet Creek in May too!

Nov 2009 - POR
Jan 2012 - CBR
June 2013 - CSR
November 2014 - Pop

twoplustwins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #768
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
That's what I'm doing. I have an AP, so can usually get a decent discount, however I decided not to wait and worry about discounts this year. Instead I booked a one bedroom villa at Wyndham Bonnet Creek through a third party for $895.00 for ten nights/eleven days (May 10th-20th). That's $89.50/night. An AP discount can't even beat that rate. I am not interested in the DDPs, planned on renting a car anyway, and this way I get a fully equipped kitchen, living room, two TVs, bedroom with king bed, washer/dryer, jaccuzi tub, and walk in shower in a deluxe resort that has nicer pools, hot tubs, two lazy rivers, and a mini golf course (plus a shuttle to the parks if I wanted to use them). Plus Bonnet Creek is pretty much right on property, so as close or closer than some of the WDW resorts. Seems like a no brainer for me (a one bedroom villa in a deluxe resort for less money than any discount I could possibly get from Disney for even a Value resort room and still physically on property.)

We are holding onto our 2bdrm Bonnet Creek ressie very tightly Our goal was to stay on property again and have our Bonnet Creek ressie as our "plan B" as the all inclusive aspect of staying on property is very appealing to us; but it seems like this may be the real deal for us for this trip as May doesn't seem like a big month for the nicer WDW discounts. We really would like free dining or at least the Stay, Play, and Dine promo to make staying on property financially practical for us since May is considered "regular season" (we went to WDW during August value season last year) and two of our four kids are now Disney "adults" . I think WBC is as close to on property as we are going to get (a part from the DTD hotels) without staying at a Disney owned resort. I already made a minivan rental ressie through Dollar, so staying offsite isn't too far fetched for us at this point .
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #769
Jasperann
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
It wasn't on the Disney official page. I believe it was on a May travelers page. From what the poster and others are saying, it may be rack rate. I did online chat and the castmember couldn't find the code anywhere.

**Edited: It's on a travel agency page. Just asked if the poster had called to see if it were rack rate. Everybody who has posted thinks that it is.
Darn!! Well there is still hope, I don't think the discounts for May came out until the end of December beginning of January in 2011. They had the Stay and Play that year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates2Princesses View Post
We are holding onto our 2bdrm Bonnet Creek ressie very tightly Our goal was to stay on property again and have our Bonnet Creek ressie as our "plan B" as the all inclusive aspect of staying on property is very appealing to us; but it seems like this may be the real deal for us for this trip as May doesn't seem like a big month for the nicer WDW discounts. We really would like free dining or at least the Stay, Play, and Dine promo to make staying on property financially practical for us since May is considered "regular season" (we went to WDW during August value season last year) and two of our four kids are now Disney "adults" . I think WBC is as close to on property as we are going to get (a part from the DTD hotels) without staying at a Disney owned resort. I already made a minivan rental ressie through Dollar, so staying offsite isn't too far fetched for us at this point .
We had the Stay and Play discount at the beginning May in 2011, so it isn't impossible.

This is the last year that all of our little ones will be considered kids, so we are going to take full advantage of that. But then the next time we go, my oldest will be in college and I'm not sure how her schedule will work out for her. Besides the fact she plans on going to College in Orlando area, and wants to be a cast member too.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #770
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperann View Post
Darn!! Well there is still hope, I don't think the discounts for May came out until the end of December beginning of January in 2011. They had the Stay and Play that year.

We had the Stay and Play discount at the beginning May in 2011, so it isn't impossible.

This is the last year that all of our little ones will be considered kids, so we are going to take full advantage of that. But then the next time we go, my oldest will be in college and I'm not sure how her schedule will work out for her. Besides the fact she plans on going to College in Orlando area, and wants to be a cast member too.

I hear you on that one. 2011 was a good year for discounts We booked our August 2011 trip when the free dining promo for that time frame was released in the fall of 2010! Then the kids stay and play free promo was released early in 2011 and we switched our package to that discount because it saved us more money since all four of our kids were ages 9 and under. That discount coupled with value season pricing gave us a really nicely priced Disney trip and that was definitely our year to go and stay at a Disney resort
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #771
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

I was just on the Disney site, and had a live chat with a CM named Gia. I asked about any free dining offers extending into May and she said although currently it is just the S/P/D offer,

"check back tomorrow to see if anything magical happened!"

Ummm....let's see can I fit in checking the WDW site tomorrow at some point???? Oh yeah baby!!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #772
iwannago2disney
Earning My Ears

I love the sounds of that!!! We are Hoping for something in April.
iwannago2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #773
maggs1035
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3
I was just on the Disney site, and had a live chat with a CM named Gia. I asked about any free dining offers extending into May and she said although currently it is just the S/P/D offer,

Ummm....let's see can I fit in checking the WDW site tomorrow at some point???? Oh yeah baby!!
What's s/p/d?
maggs1035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #774
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post

I, for one, will be working some time in to look and see if anything magical happens that will work with our dates.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #775
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggs1035 View Post
What's s/p/d?
The Stay /Play/ Dine Promotion.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #776
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran

I hope something posts tomorrow! I checked my flights today and they went up $10! Ugh. I know it's only $10, but that is $10 less than I can use in the World!

I am waiting on buying airline tickets until I make my reservations. I may go ahead and just book regardless and hope something comes along. . . .
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

Last edited by MADnNOLA; 12-05-2012 at 07:14 AM.
MADnNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:21 AM   #777
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADnNOLA View Post
I hope something posts tomorrow! I checked my flights today and they went up $10! Ugh. I know it's only $10, but that is $10 less than I can you in the World!

I am waiting on buying airline tickets until I make my reservations. I may go ahead and just book regardless and hope something comes along. . . .
That's what I did. I had been watching airfare daily. American had been running over $400.00 for a nonstop flight with good times. One night it finally dropped to $269.00, so I grabbed it. I go the first or second week of May every year for the Flower Festival, so knew I was going regardless. I had a trip booked for Oct/Nov at CBR, but then a coworker offered me a week at a timeshare for $400.00, so rather than cancel the WDW ressie and lose money (since it was within the 45 day period), I just moved it to May. However, I liked staying offsite so much, that I then came home and booked a one bedroom villa at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. I still need to cancel the WDW ressie for May, but don't want all that money dumped onto my cc until the end of this month when I have several large annual bills due (house insurance and home security system).
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:28 AM   #778
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

No magical updates yet. Hopefully, by this afternoon.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #779
mommy2jack
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post

Nothing magical yet...

mommy2jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #780
cindermomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2jack View Post
Nothing magical yet...
I am waiting too...........and hoping!!!!

Port Orleans - French Quarter (2004)
POP (2005)
ASSports (2007)
POP (2010)
ASMovies (2011)

ASMusic (2013)
ASMusic (2014)
cindermomma is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: