Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #26
IUTBAM
DIS Veteran

My DH was a teacher and I was an executive assistant when we got married in the summer. That upcoming school year turned out to be his last year teaching, as he decided to go back to grad school. We up and moved to College Station (we're Aggies) for him to go to school. He took out student loans, got a TA position, and I got a full time job (no kids). It was a very stressful 2 years for him to get his Master's (he was tired of teaching and wanted to go back to a science based career). But it was worth. He graduated in 1990 with his Master's, and has moved up the corporate ladder quite nicely. I've been a stay at home mom since 1993 when our first child was born, and I still like to tease him about the two years that I was the major breadwinner. But my gosh it was stressful...we were still essentially newlyweds, and he was a very serious student, and I was working for an employer I hated, but knew I had to have a job to support us (his meager TA salary didn't go far). I can't even fathom what it would have been like if we'd had children. My hat is off to anyone who goes to school full time with kids...wow...you rock.

But, him going back to grad school is what secured our future, and while it was stressful, it has definitely paid off 100 times over.
IUTBAM is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: