Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #736
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans
Chimu You should go back. It's changed a lot since 1990. I would think it would be a less expensive trip for you than WDW.

I spent the day at ER with hubs. He has always been borderline diabetic, but has been able to control it with diet and excercise. He is in very good shape. He doesn't look like your typical diabetic, but it runs in his family. He started peeing a lot the last month. He went to his primary care, and his blood sugar was 514. The doc freaked out called me, and told me to have him admitted. I took him to a different hospital than the one I work at because I just didn't feel like dealing with people I know. They did nothing for him except give him a prescription for metformin. I just checked his BS again it was 303. He went running we shall see what it is after running a few miles. I think all the stress of the last 2 months, plus lack of gym, plus his mom's unhealthy cooking has done havoc with his health. I'm going to ask his primary care to put him on FMLA so we can get this under control. He has 1100 hours of sick time saved up he might as well use it.

Anyway I need another vacation like now.

It's a good thing CRO was down today I was definetely in the mood to change everything.
Oh no! I am so sorry! Sounds like a horrible day, but he is lucky to have you!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 12-04-2012, 10:08 PM   #737
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Oh no! I am so sorry! Sounds like a horrible day, but he is lucky to have you!

It wasn't as much fun as being at Dl last week that's for sure. We will adapt and overcome.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #738
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans

It wasn't as much fun as being at Dl last week that's for sure. We will adapt and overcome.
Oh yes! My motto in life is..."it is what it is"

My Trip Reports:

Old 12-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #739
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I finally just heard from hubby. He was wined and dined on Rodeo Drive all day, oh poor baby For the first time he had relief in his voice so I am hoping this buyout is for the best!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:

Old 12-05-2012, 02:14 AM   #740
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
I finally just heard from hubby. He was wined and dined on Rodeo Drive all day, oh poor baby For the first time he had relief in his voice so I am hoping this buyout is for the best!!!

I hope it is as well.

I'll have to catch up on more tomorrow, but we have our trip figured out!!

I'll post more later when it's not almost 1:20 AM.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 12-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #741
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Mine is next month, but I plan on skipping it. I refuse to get older.
I've tried skipping mine for at least 9 years....but the kids get me cake...so I celebrate

Sorry hubs sugar is wacky Surprised they didn't take it down with IVF and a wee bit of Insulin...then oral hypoglycemics....at least he has a wonderful Nurse Wifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Jeanette: I sometimes lock myself in the bathroom!
DS4 had a meltdown at the glasses store..after the battle to get him buckled in the SUV...I blasted Motley Crue until he promised to stop screaming It worked..but not my finest mommy moment Too bad he won't wear those specs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
I know! Now she's got me checking Orbitz. I'm not changing though, I'm just checking out my options...

Quote:

Jeanette Ė I donít like real life at all I have been to the grocery store and BJís this morning, but havenít started the laundry yet. So I am lost, have you changed to YC or are you still at GF
Melissa
LOVED the pics!! Thanks Melissa

As of last night we are YC CL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsMommy View Post
I trust all of my fellow indecisive dis-ers to make this decision since I have never stayed in any of these resorts and honestly can't say I prefer one to any other. I'd be happy to stay at any of these resorts so give me your honest opinion. It's in your hands now. :-)
Pop preferred....save the extra $$$ for cab fare if that tootsie starts aching!!! I am biases as my BFF is the "Queen of Pop" But I just can't love the mods...that's just me. Second choice would be WL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Thank you so much to everyone for the birthday wishes!!! You are all such a special group of ladies and I'm so happy to have you all in my life.
We love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hi Bandits mommy Welcome to our little home! I am usually more active here, but work life -- as my RCer Friends will tell you has kept me away from my favourite hangout hopefully in the new yr. that will change and I can be a more-contributing member of this thread as I enjoy chatting and sharing day to day life with you all!
Miss you Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Jeez I am so easily swayed!! Maybe May could end up CR...who knows!! MK is the one park we will be going to twice...

Quote:

Poor thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I hope it is as well.

I'll have to catch up on more tomorrow, but we have our trip figured out!!

I'll post more later when it's not almost 1:20 AM.

Thinking of our Sarah...and hoping Candace gets her raise
Old 12-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #742
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

padawans - I hope your DH can get his sugar levels under control soon. Good luck with the FMLA stuff. He's lucky to have you around to help him

Mousemommy - I hope you are getting GREAT news today!

babyberger - Your DH's trip sounds promising.I hope things works out quickly and favorably.

pas - YC CL!

The Disney hotels are back on Orbitz. Must have been related to the booking shut down Anyway, I know what I will be doing during DD's nap
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 12-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #743
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
pas - YC CL!

The Disney hotels are back on Orbitz. Must have been related to the booking shut down Anyway, I know what I will be doing during DD's nap

I have been trying to price out January for myself (and DH) we could use a weekend away..and I can visit my friends...but so far I'm poor
Old 12-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #744
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

I have been trying to price out January for myself (and DH) we could use a weekend away..and I can visit my friends...but so far I'm poor
Would this trip also include your mama?
Old 12-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #745
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Would this trip also include your mama?
But of course Mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #746
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quick note ..... if anyone is still looking for an American Girl Doll the Today show has a large discount on their steals and deals section. I don't know which dolls but I thought I heard them say 60%.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #747
babyberger
DIS Veteran

i_heart - okay I can use the Orbitz promo code on my Feb CR res, and do better than the AP rate. Now have you used Fat Wallet before, I know of it, but never used it. Will I really get 7.5% back on the room rate, I am guessing it exculdes the taxes and fee portions. Have you done it before?

Melissa

My Trip Reports:

Old 12-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #748
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
i_heart - okay I can use the Orbitz promo code on my Feb CR res, and do better than the AP rate. Now have you used Fat Wallet before, I know of it, but never used it. Will I really get 7.5% back on the room rate, I am guessing it exculdes the taxes and fee portions. Have you done it before?

Melissa
I'm looking too ....... but I don't know anything about Fat Wallet ....
Old 12-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #749
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Melissa
I had never used it myself before but DH does sometimes. I got an email 2 days after I booked from fat wallet that says my cash back account will be credited with the cash back on 2/25. The amount is for for 7.5% before taxes. Make sure you click through fat wallet and get the pop up that says you will receive cash back for shopping at Orbitz.

I cannot really vouch for any of the process though as this is my first time trying it. So far everything has worked well.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 12-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #750
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I've tried skipping mine for at least 9 years....but the kids get me cake...so I celebrate

Sorry hubs sugar is wacky Surprised they didn't take it down with IVF and a wee bit of Insulin...then oral hypoglycemics....at least he has a wonderful Nurse Wifey

DS4 had a meltdown at the glasses store..after the battle to get him buckled in the SUV...I blasted Motley Crue until he promised to stop screaming It worked..but not my finest mommy moment Too bad he won't wear those specs...

LOVED the pics!! Thanks Melissa

As of last night we are YC CL

Pop preferred....save the extra $$$ for cab fare if that tootsie starts aching!!! I am biases as my BFF is the "Queen of Pop" But I just can't love the mods...that's just me. Second choice would be WL

We love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss you Marie

Poor thing

Thinking of our Sarah...and hoping Candace gets her raise
They wouldnt let me into ed with the kids. They gave him fluids no insulin. Never rechecked bs before he left .They forgot to give us a script for strips, but charged us 500 dollars. Called nurse manager to complain. Not happy with pcp for not treating him I really I didnt thi.k he needed to go to ed in the first place. Pcp was completely freaked out by his bs and wouldnt do anything. I guess he has to cover his behind. Spent a lot of money for something could have been treated by pcp.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: