Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
starch139
aka starch1

Disney on the Great Lakes?

I'm so mad that they are not bringing a ship close to my home, They could sail out of Toledo! Come on people, be happy that you have the option to take a cruise and if the stops aren't to your liking then don't go! I WILL continue to book with Disney cause we love there ships and the customer service. We could sail in circles and I wouldn't care.
starch139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starch139 View Post
I'm so mad that they are not bringing a ship close to my home, They could sail out of Toledo! Come on people, be happy that you have the option to take a cruise and if the stops aren't to your liking then don't go! I WILL continue to book with Disney cause we love there ships and the customer service. We could sail in circles and I wouldn't care.
Which is pretty much what we'll be doing to get a nice length cruise on the classics.
B2B...aka sailing in circles.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #3
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

actually sailing in the great lakes would be impossible for the classic ship unless Disney is planing to cut out a ten foot section from them to fit in the locks of the St Lawrence Seaway and the Welland Canal.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #4
minnieandmickey
Queen of the run on sentence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starch139 View Post
THANK YOU!!!!! I was seriously getting so mad at people's self entitlement on this board. There are thousands of kids out there that all they will have is a dream to go on DCL, heck go to Disney altogether. Be happy with the fact that you can take a vacation at all. For me, I am happy to say that I will be able to take my mom, niece, and daughter on a Disney (Fantasy) cruise in 2014. Yep that's right I once again will drag myself on one of those beautiful ships and sail away to the Eastern Caribbean. BUT, my dates still aren't out yet so I guess I'll have to patiently wait and continue to save until they do. It's ok, it's ok, I don't mind taking one for the team.
My life at Disney: DL - started in 1978 too many times to count. First time AP holder in 2012, spent a total of 14 days! WDW- 10th anniversary- May 1999(Dixie Landings), 2005(off site),2006(POP/POFQ),2007(WLV),2008(AKV),2011(OKW) DCL- 3 day Bahamas Wonder 2002, 4 Day Bahamas Wonder 2006, 7 day Western Caribbean Magic 2007, 20 days on the Magic 2008, B2B Panama Canal and 5 day double dip, Sarah's gradapalooza 4 day Bahamas on the Dream and 7 Day Eastern Caribbean on the Magic 2011, DLP, October 2013
Up next Best Aunt and Uncle WDW/DCL, taking DNiece on her first trip!, WBPC Cruise, May 2015, KK Reunion Cruise, Eastern Caribbean, October 2015
minnieandmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #5
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

I, too, would gladly sail in circles. But we simply can't afford to get on the ship and sail in circles if we also have to pay for airfare for four to Texas or Florida. We sailed three times while the Wonder was here in Los Angeles.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: